What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Israel info

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
shawarma.... um.... yummy stuff... just the other day i was in akko and got the best shawarma i have had in a while...

would your rabbi friends be down to go on record about their thoughts and usage of cannabis though? that is the question.

may find some funds to film a documentary about the whole thing.

peace

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
anyone thinks that visiting some old and new school rabbis and asking them their opinions on the contradiction that illegal plants exist be a good idea? i bet tzfat would be a good place to find some rosh gadol rabbis... what say you?
They don't like to make a scene about this kind of things and they don't promote it.
Just the way it is.

im not religious (duh!), but ive smoked with plenty of rabbis, mostly the progressive liberal types in NY...

then we get down on some shawarma homie !!

picture.php
Shawarna is awesome !
Nothing like well made lamb shawarma!

shawarma.... um.... yummy stuff... just the other day i was in akko and got the best shawarma i have had in a while...

would your rabbi friends be down to go on record about their thoughts and usage of cannabis though? that is the question.

may find some funds to film a documentary about the whole thing.

peace
As long as we, the tax payers, pay for their living funds from the government they aren't gonna do anything major without getting straight with the main rabbis first.
Yep, almost half (!!!!) of Israels yearly fund goes for the orthodox jews. A lot of them never have to work at all - just study.
Thats pretty fucked up but the government needs their votes to keep from falling down and those ass-holes know how to make the best out of the situation.

The progressive rabbis means nothing is Israel, and there aren't much of them either.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
They don't like to make a scene about this kind of things and they don't promote it.
Just the way it is.

maybe we can find some that are up for an honest intellectual and spiritual challenge, such as the one our dilemma presents us with.

As long as we, the tax payers, pay for their living funds from the government they aren't gonna do anything major without getting straight with the main rabbis first.

right, thus why we need to direct our inquiries at the rabbis and see what's up; a lot can be learned in the process and many people could definetly benefit from it, whether their participation is encouraging or not, i don't see how one could not end up learning tons.

shalom

whodair

Veteran
my new landlord in NY is sabra, israeli american of libyan descent ... cash deal, no lease, utilities included ... im gonna do 1k vegg and 2k flower, all vertical and bare, and total sour power !!!

shalom playas, keep it peace homies !!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hey whodair man what happened why the ban? we are gonna miss you, you crazy mofo! hope you come back and all gets solved with admin here

anyone know what is up down in eilat with the hash and herb? any word drop a message my way. no webehigh info though. thanks!

peace

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I haven't heard anything about Eilat for a while.
Usually stuff don't change much around there.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hey fonzee, what up man?

still have not found anything in eilat... i was told the other day by an eldery israeli couple from the center, that eilat was like going to the zoo, but without the animals hehehehe...

i am told there is stuff down here, but sellers won't sell to you unless they have known you for years... i don't get how they make any money of it if that is the case... what about the tourists? r they getting any? it sucks for me...

israel, talk to me !

peace

D

dankitydank

Found hash on campus at the college in hertzylia (sp?) i know that's wrong.. the big school forget the name.

In jerusalem a friend i was traveling with knew an american, i bought a gram for 100 sheckles two nights in a row, was actually pretty nice bud too...that night in the hotel, smoking a little bubbler we found out the window, saw a bong being emptied out the window a few floors down.....if you are careful and know some hebrew or have a guide bar owners, store owners selling chillums (!), clubs....smelt some on a kibbutz, found out later the girls we were with found some from some young people that lived in the community.......

it's there, just have to be very careful, kol saibaba.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
bombadil, I haven't been to eilat in over a year and I don't know whats going on there recently.
I know the locals always have a supply so there must be some around, but they don't trust people easily.
You'll probably be better looking for a direction in the upper city where the local live as in this time of year the hotels part of Eilat is swamped with tourists (most of which are israeli teenagers, they went on summer break yesterday) and when there's a lot of tourists there's a lot of cops and when there's a lot of cops most dealers won't go out trying to sell.
You could ask in a kiosk or something like that, they usually know what you'r talking about.

If you'r looking for weed, don't bother looking. I know a lot of connected people who can't get nada. Its the starting of the dry season as most growers (like myself) shut the operation down for the summer.

You could try going to Kibbutz Eilot, just a bit north to eilat (you go on the Arava Road for around a mile north and that a right after the gas station). There's a restaurant there and if you'll say you go there I don't see a reason they won't let you pass the road block in the enterence. You might get lucky looking around there.
I know they grow for themselves and rarely sell to outsiders, but they should know what around.

Dankity, the common price these days for egyptian hash (black, rock hard bars with a very peppery smell) is around 200 shekels per ~5 grams (they don't really weight it)
If your looking for a bigger supply you could get it way cheaper by the plate (around 80 grams)

Good bud in jerusalem?
I know they are really dry lately and that prices there went stupidly high - ~100shekels a gram for not-that-good weed (by the 10 pack) and up to 200 shekels a gram for better weed or for not-that-good weed for tourists.

I haven't seen a chillum in years o_O
You can find plastic bongs like crap, pipes (mainly wood and metal ones) and all sorts of rolling papers. But glass bongs \ pipes aren't common around here. Might be more common around jerusalem, I don't know that area too well.

People in the kibbutz always have weed but they won't usually sell any. If you know someone from the kibbutz thats where I would start looking.
The chance of getting snitched by a kibbutznic is much much lower than anyone else.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
fonzee, i know what you mean about the kibbutzim, i was at a kibbutz for five months, even though at first it was hard to find anything, once i made a couple of good friends that were my age (not kids), everything flowed smoothly, but now that i have been away from the kibbutz for five months, nothing man... i started looking for jobs at kibbutzim already... i have a job offer at the kibbutz i was at, because my old boss loved my gardening skills and discipline, but the downside is that at the moment they cannot offer me and my woman a place to live in since they are all full... so been looking and calling and running as many errands as my current work allows...
i also have friends in the kibbutzim near eilat, atm, they are all going up to tel aviv to get stash because even for them has been hard getting anything down here.
will also be looking into the medicinal prescriptions, what have you heard about the quality of their herb?

shalom

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
If you'r looking for a physical work I know kibbutz Eilot is looking up for people to harvest some crops and for crops sorting before packaging.

Its the start of the tomato season so it shouldn't be hard to find a job on the kibbutz. It usually includes a small apartment and access to the dining room. If they don't go ahead and offer it you should ask - it worth it even if it will costs you a bit. Surely much cheaper than an apartment in the city.

If you'r shuffling around Eilat there are a lot of kibbitzim on the Arava road, most should be looking for workers.
If you'r going to an employer and it doesn't fit always ask him if he knows someone who's looking - Its the best way to find a job around those places.

If you'll get an apartment on the Kibbutz not only you could probably get a contact through the locals but most likely you'll be able to find a prime slot for a small grow (3-4 plants).

Medical marijuana in israel isn't that easy to get. If you can get a prescription its pretty cheap and the quality should be really high.
There are a few supplier and you should be able to change your supplier if the quality of the weed you get is inferior in your view.

Cheers.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I´m not sure but isn´t it Netanya?

I´ll never forget as i was at the dead sea, i´ve smoked a little one away from my tourist group on masada and had a wonderful view. Later i smoked a little one before i was swimming, better laying in the dead sea, chillin and watching over to jordania. After showering i drank one of my tastys beers (ice cold maccabe beer) and had a relaxed sleep in the bus, while the sun slowly goes down back on the way to Netanya. One of the finest days of my life.

For outdoor growing, i think the area of carmel is perfect.

Best regards

shabbat shalom !! keep it peace in the middle east !!

picture.php

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
A very large chunk of the Carmel have been burnt to ashes this year.
Thats what I call light penetration!!

Euphrates

I´m not sure but isn´t it Netanya?

I am pretty sure the picture is of Tel Aviv - It looks like it, from what I've seen.

I went to Israel awhile ago -I went w/ a friend, tho I missed an awesome opportunity to hang out and do yoga on the beach with this awesome girl from the U.K who struck up convo w/ me. Instead I went to visit my friends family because I felt obligated too, I don't think they liked me, but they were nice enough. It's just ehhh, so annoying, nothing like that ever happens to me, and when it does... SCREAM!!-

I heard parts of the drug markets fund terrorist groups. So when you buy hash, you don't know exactly who you might be funding. But I am sure there are a fair amount of good Jew's growing in the kibbutz- and the people in the scene know whats up. But being a unfamiliar foreigner, who knows.

If your from a english speaking country, especially the U.S, I could see the police going easy on you ( i know they do for traffic violations) - but then again, its Israel - who knows. Some people suck - and will not like you for whatever reason. I was surprised both of how nice and crappy people could be there. Came across more nice people tho I believe - really .

Telaviv was kind of fucked up - I remember seeing anti-Semitic graffiti on the further side of town. Plus they never go to sleep in that city... 5:00 morning has the same amount of people out as 10:00 night time does.

I remember a member from here and even OG that was from Israel, they had a dog as the avatar - I always liked that person.

Do they still allow their soldiers who have PTS disorder's to medicate ?

If I where to go back, I wonder if I would actually be able to work on a Kibbutz, w/ a apartment and what not setup to boot - I would so be up for it. I am not from IL. though and don't speak much Hebrew - Does anyone think that would be a likely thing for me (a friendly outsider) to do ? Probably not.....

It would be something I would consider.

I love the Mediterranean-

zenoonez

Veteran
Easiest thing to do is make some connections at temple with people who have family in your destination city and see if you can't get employed by their family or at least get a handle on the situation from them. Expect honesty though, if there is no work they will tell you in sometimes less than nice ways. Not everyone speaks English for sure but if you are willing to work I can't see work being that hard to find. Now if you are trying to make a living... maybe harder than you think but just scraping by can be accomplished by working in any entry level industrial jobs. I know a friend who worked on a fishing dock in a Sicilian port for a while, cash every morning but it was good enough to keep him with some food and a hostel. I also had a friend that went all over the world working on small farms and communes, had a blast. Good luck and if you get over there drop a line and let us know how it is.

sso

Veteran
ive never gone anywhere, where there werent more good people than bad..

just goes to show you, how much shit floats..