What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

flowering seedlings.

say you start a seed and it becomes the seedling and you flower say around when it forms mabey a couple sets of true leaves.what would it do?anyone ever tried this?if it dont work, whats the earliest you can flower?

deZerTomB

flower

flower

generally, they won't flower until reaching sexual maturity.

if you put into flower too early, generally will grow to maturity in flower room, then start to flower either male or female.

I say generally because there are some breeds that do weird things.

tiny plants make tiny buds, usually, depends on the stretchiness of the specific breed.

generally the longer you let veg, the bigger the ultimate plant will be at the end of flower.

depending on the plant and it's genetics and conditions in grow space.

I personally like to grow out seeds pretty quick, then after you know the characteristics of that plant, you can manipulate the clones for your desired result.

MJ plants are like humans, i guess, kinda the same, but different and kinda different, but the same.

keep it green & safe.
deZerTomB.

G

^^

Listen to above...Knowledge was dropped!!

Respects!!!

Growforthesoul

Sincerely,

G

Just as deZerTomB said it has to reach sexual maturity to actually start producing buds. Its do-able but why? If its about keeping a low profile I say grow out the seedling till it grows secondary shoots then flower. Or just take them secondary shoots, clone them and sex the mother. If it turns out female you already have sexually mature clones in wait. So you dont have to wait for it to reach maturity because the clones will be the same age as the mother they were taken from.

Blatant

its more out of curiosisity.i just figured id see if anyone has tried it.i usually veg at least 30 days then flower but always wondered about whats too early?you know.thanks guys