What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bong or high end vape for best stone???

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I myself enjoy a bong a lot more. I use to have a DBV vape years ago that I used for about 6 months. It makes me cough too much and takes 10 minutes to smoke a bowl. I think my dad has it now and he loves it.

Personally not for me, but I've been looking into getting a Magic Flight Launch Box for when I go on trips. I did enjoy the taste a lot more than out of a bong, that's for sure.

I always thought one of those bong attachments to be able to use a vaporizer through a bong would be sweet.

I experimented with some cheap vapes before the Arizer, and all ran too hot, including Magic Flight Launch Box.

Think I will do a couple of bongs then Vape for taste. Have been running Arizer at 200C to start for taste, then turn up to 220C to get last potency out.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Doesn't matter the strain, vaping has always left me unsatisfied. The effect for me is nothing like a hashy, terpy, hit of super clean and trichome dense cannabis. :)

I bought a few cheap vapes and they tasted lousy. The Arizer is pricey, but exact control of temperature and tastes wonderful. The taste out of an old plexiglass one hit bong I have used this week, is harsh and no sweet flavor.
Anyone have suggestions on a basic bong, preferably with one hit bowl, and easy to clean?

shithawk420

Veteran
Best bet is a small 14mm bong from a local headshop.if I got specific you'd be buying a pricey piece with a logo.local headshop is best.otherwise go to aqualab.com

GoatCheese

Veteran
I always want to smoke some flower after vaping. For me personally, there seems to be something missing when I use the same flower in any vape. Perhaps I'm not using them correctly, but I definitely prefer a nice clean glass bong. :)
Same here.

I'm sure you use your vape the right way, cause i also feel a noticeable difference in effect from the same bud when vaping instead of bong hits. I have tried every temperature setting on my Volcano but it's not the same effect i get from bong or joints.

Another good one is to grab a slide for a glass on glass scientific glass bong that is actually made for the bottom hose attachment of a glass on glass hookah and put a hose from your vaporizer to your bong that way. Works best with a hot box style vaporizer

CaptainDankness

Are you saying that smoking the same thing for too long, it will not get you as high?

All I have had is GG4, for years, and it does not even put me to sleep anymore. I take a few days to week break 1 or 2 times a year.

I've heard smoking the same strain doesn't work too good after a while. My biggest issue with it is it gets boring, variety is the true spice of life. :biggrin: I love fruity, spicy, floral, etc. smoking nothing but GG#4 is madness.

Oh yeah, bong hands down, vaping kind of sucks.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Best bet is a small 14mm bong from a local headshop.if I got specific you'd be buying a pricey piece with a logo.local headshop is best.otherwise go to aqualab.com

That ROOR is way out of budget. When I had a job, would have been worth it. It was about $600.00 with heat wand.

Brother Nature

I've got a Pax 2 and I really like it, but in saying that I do much prefer a good bong. I stress the word good there cause that is where the difference lies. Don't necessarily need a brand named one, but if you can find a good lab glass quality one, 5-7mm thick, glass on glass cone piece, and you keep it clean I think you'll find the taste vastly improves. The vape does taste better in the first couple of hits to me, but after the first couple hits it goes a little off. With the bong I tend to load single loads and they taste nice each hit.

I really like the vape for when I'm out and about on a hike or camping or something, but when I want to get properly stoned I always reach for the bong.

:bongsmi:

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
That ROOR is way out of budget. When I had a job, would have been worth it. It was about $600.00 with heat wand.

Here's the cheap ass way to do it - takes some effort but it's well worth it.

Go DHgate.com and search for hookahs. Eventually you will see a shit ton of cheap bongs. There are large heavy borosilicate pieces there for a fraction of the price of a head shop. that's the good news. the bad news is you have to wait 3-4 weeks for it to get to you from China.

Now go buy a plasma lighter. While this will combust the flower to a degree, there is no half burned butane or butane residue. In the standard bowl I load what I consider to be one hit and get 2-3 "vape" hits with the plasma lighter and then clear the bowl with a trusty butane lighter.

When I say "vape hit" it's not the same as a vaporizer but it's close.

I get soo much more flavor with the plasma lighter than a butane or zippo and the combination gets me high as hell.

That said, I rarely smoke the same strain for more than a week and as with any bong, change the water frequently and clean the whole piece at least weekly for best results.

GoatCheese

Veteran

If you're going to buy a bong, there's tons of not-so-well-known bongs out there (..atleast on EU market) that have been made with quality glass. Just go for one that has atleast 5mm wall thickness and you're set.:)

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HVY glass does some pretty nice pieces for around $250. I had one of theirs in the past and its solid.

I use a Syn showerhead perc these days which is amazing too.

chris_martinx

I entered the smoking scene with the V-God tricktank. After trying out different flavors, I started experimenting with CBD oils. The initial times were euphoric obviously because of my low tolerance. I was slowly developing it by increasing the dosage until I got mugged and lost my wallet and the vape. Oh well, everything changed when I discovered water glass pipes or the fondly called bongs.

Initially, I used one of those counterfeit Chinese bongs but I was told the build quality is pathetic and the material is low-quality glass (which was expected). I switched over and got one from those dealers of wholesale glass pipes. I already started noticing the differences- bong just lets you inhale a larger concentration provided there's less water being used to filter the heat. For a person with low tolerance, the highs lasted for a while.

So, I'd say bong > vape and it's more relaxing and lungs-friendly? Maybe, the last bit is debatable but that's what I think.

Loc Dog

Veteran
picture.php

A little Bruce banner x taho og rapped in rosin made from the same bud rolled in 85% drysift heads made from said bud!
How do you like Bruce Banner?? Was it clone or from seed. I have BB from Delta9,

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
no matter how expensive the vaporizer, it's still a vaporizer. I know it works for some people but I don't even get high from vaping. I need to take a nice big hit of kief or hash. Can't beat the taste. Can't beat the high. When i vaped I was left wanting to get high..so i smoked some flower. Bong is the way to go if you smoke flower and don't want to vape. Although, smoking flower is a lot of combustible material. Seems unnecessary. Could just smoke kief or hash and throw away the horrible leafy material.

St. Phatty

Is an E-cigarette vaping ?

I would think they could be "turned up" so they start SMOKING, though it may not qualify as "discreet".

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Technically ... I guess dabbing is vaping as well.

I can argue that a dab is pretty neck and neck with a bong hit.
yeah dabbing is vaporizing...I think it is a complete waste. Doesn't even really get me high. I can dab like a half gram and ill be high for like 5 minutes. Barely. I tried out dabbing about a year ago onve i got settled in as a medical patient...and i realized that heating up a nectar collector thing and touching it to wax or badder was just vaporizing it. Inhaling the vapors. I don't want to vape, I want to get high. Is there a way to like smoke wax? I tried in the bowl on top of flower and it just melts onto the flower and adds to the burning black combustible cancerous burned flower material. Screw wax. Screw vapes. I'm sorry if I offended anyone who vapes..I know some people swear by it.

Latest posts

Latest posts