What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The long and the short of it - PNG, Laos, Cambodian, Durban, Nepali, Leb27, and Flo

djimb

Veteran
The Leb27s may both have been pollinated. #2 is clearly seeded, while #3 simply has a few brown pistils. I'm guessing they won't make much more in the way of flowers, now that they've been pollinated, but even if I come away with more weight in seed than bud this run, I'll have learned from the experience and have at least one interesting cross to play with next year.

Leb27 #2
picture.php

picture.php

Leb27 #3
picture.php

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
The Flos appear to be just starting to alternate branching, so hopefully we'll start seeing flowers soon, and hopefully I can get out of the house by myself for a few hours to plant them out soon! In previous grows, they haven't been stinky per se, but I definitely caught whiff on the breeze from time to time. They were in a closet in a garage at that point, so I imagine they'd be easier to smell outside.

Flo #1
picture.php

Flo #2
picture.php

The PNG is still growing opposite branches. I suspect it'll just keep vegging til mid/late september. Fingers crossed for a warm autumn/winter!

PNG #1
picture.php

PNG #2
picture.php

djimb

Veteran
The Durbans are at different stages of development. Durban #1 is starting to develop flowers on the growing tip. It's still unclear whether they'll be male or female. Durban #2 is beginning to alternate branching, so it should start flowering soon. Durban #3 is going trifoliate, after all, with one of its leaves resembling an attempt at being two leaves. I know trifoliate individuals haven't been uncommon in the line but I'll have to look at the fasciated individuals from Dave and TheJact55 to see when that trait first popped up.

Durban #1
picture.php

Durban #2
picture.php

Durban #3
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

djimb

Veteran
The Thai x Laos are doing the same as the PNG, just vegging along. No alternating branching. I expect this will also wait til the end of September to start flowering. Regardless, they're gorgeous.

Thai x Laos #2
picture.php

Thai x Laos #3
picture.php

Thanks for checking in!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Coming along nicely DJ. I like that tiny seeded plant. I dont think Ive ever seen a plant that small sporting seeds before :)

djimb

Veteran
Coming along nicely DJ. I like that tiny seeded plant. I dont think Ive ever seen a plant that small sporting seeds before :)

Thanks, Dave. They're pretty cute, huh? I was hoping to have some smoke from the Lebs, or at least more seed, but my isolation protocol left a lot to be desired. So it goes. I should end up with at least as many seeds as I started with (if you don't count the GN old stock), so I'm not mad at it.

The Durban that started forming flowers is looking like a male, so I should be able to make some Durban F3s and maybe a Nepali x Durban cross to play with. I'll collect some too, in hopes of crossing with some of the later varieties.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job DJ! I'll be watching this thread.
Popping some Leb 27 x SSH/C99 for my tent, hopefully they'll take.

djimb

Veteran
Good job DJ! I'll be watching this thread.
Popping some Leb 27 x SSH/C99 for my tent, hopefully they'll take.

Thanks, Smoke! That sounds like a great cross! Feel free to post up pics here, or a link if you start a thread.

djimb

Veteran
Sorry for my long silence around here. The last couple weeks have been a bit of a disaster.

I had to catch a last minute flight home for a funeral. When I got back about a week later, the plants hadn't been watered and it had been in the 90s and sunny the whole time.

They all looked pretty good, so I watered and fed them. Over the course of the next day, they looked more and more like they were suffering from heat stress, so I moved them into the shade only to watch them continue to wither and wilt.

There are two possibilities in my mind: after going so long without water in that heat, they were on the verge of collapse and there was just enough available nitrogen to push them over the edge, or the landscapers that my neighbor hired to clear out a ton of overgrown weeds noticed them in the narrow walkway between our houses, tucked in with my old overgrown weedy containers, and sprayed them with roundup. I guess they may not have even noticed them, just sprayed all the weeds they saw, regardless of which side of the property line they were on.

Either way most of them died. The Nepali girls, one of the Lebs, and the male Durban survived. I credit the fact that they were smaller than all the others. Either they lost less water and were shaded by the larger plants, or they didn't catch as much roundup.

If I had more energy, I'd be livid. All I can manage now is disappointment. I guess if the landscaper killed them, I dodged a bullet. They could have called LEO and I could have come home to jail time.

All I can do is hope the survivors stick it out til the seeds are ripe and try again next year.

Fahk.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Sorry for my long silence around here. The last couple weeks have been a bit of a disaster.

I had to catch a last minute flight home for a funeral. When I got back about a week later, the plants hadn't been watered and it had been in the 90s and sunny the whole time.

They all looked pretty good, so I watered and fed them. Over the course of the next day, they looked more and more like they were suffering from heat stress, so I moved them into the shade only to watch them continue to wither and wilt.

There are two possibilities in my mind: after going so long without water in that heat, they were on the verge of collapse and there was just enough available nitrogen to push them over the edge, or the landscapers that my neighbor hired to clear out a ton of overgrown weeds noticed them in the narrow walkway between our houses, tucked in with my old overgrown weedy containers, and sprayed them with roundup. I guess they may not have even noticed them, just sprayed all the weeds they saw, regardless of which side of the property line they were on.

Either way most of them died. The Nepali girls, one of the Lebs, and the male Durban survived. I credit the fact that they were smaller than all the others. Either they lost less water and were shaded by the larger plants, or they didn't catch as much roundup.

If I had more energy, I'd be livid. All I can manage now is disappointment. I guess if the landscaper killed them, I dodged a bullet. They could have called LEO and I could have come home to jail time.

All I can do is hope the survivors stick it out til the seeds are ripe and try again next year.

Fahk.

Thats a sickener for sure but at least youre safe hopefully the survivors make it shame though was looking forward to these :comfort:

djimb

Veteran
Bummer, I hope the survivors will make it to the end

Thats a sickener for sure but at least youre safe hopefully the survivors make it shame though was looking forward to these :comfort:

Thanks guys. I was looking forward to them, too. The seeded plants went full wilt a couple days ago. I've had them in the shade, but they got progressively worse over the last week.
the seeds has about 3 weeks to mature, so they'll probably be green, but hopefully at least a few will be viable.

The last Durban and the link pistil nepali are still hanging on. I'll try to get some pics soon, though they aren't much to look at.

I've learned a lot this year; most importantly to start earlier and plant out as soon as I can.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Sorry to hear about the awful news DJ. I hope whats left of the garden can recover. Better luck next year pal

Latest posts

Latest posts