Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > want to choose a led grow light

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
want to choose a led grow light Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2018, 08:42 PM #31
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool I ran test for myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
First you said they weren't any good because they burn up. Now you're saying they lack coverage.

I use two 450's and they work great. Zero problems, and I grow some big buds. I guess your mileage may vary.
After hearing all of the Hopla over LEDs I decided to give them a try....

I took out my 600w HPS and put a Vipraspectra 600 and a 90w RED LED in my flower box... (350 actual watts)..

I gave it 3 good tries (6 months).... My best yield was 42 grams cut and dried...

I really gave it a solid try as I have been flowering in that box for ten years.

In order to be fair I used a 400 watt HPS in the exact configuration, soup to nuts.

It wasn't the best run but yielded 95.1 grams cut and dried. The buds were bigger and harder.

I'm sure someone is doing well with LEDs, but I will stick with the HPS.

GOOD GROWING
420somewhere is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 08:44 PM #32
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgrower1995 View Post
Do not buy Viparspectra led! here is the reason:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342215&page=2
In a response to that, I have been running 2 viparspectra 300s for 18/6 through 12/12 over a year now without any issues. YMMV
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:07 PM #33
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
THC you got the coverage they quote you. Did you not research before hand?
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

Last edited by AgentPothead; 05-15-2018 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: to be less antagonistic

Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 PM #34
THC123

THC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud of
Indeed as I said I was in a hurry and did not research well and they advertised it as a 600W replacement so I bought it. Afterwards when I noticed they were not adequate for my space I researched further. Yeah that was really stupid I admit.

The lights themselves are good and the plants are growing very well. But you cant say something can replace a 600 watt with such coverage IMO.
THC123 is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 10:53 PM #35
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

Alright fair enough Do you know how your power bill was compared to the 600w hps? For me it's a lot about heat and power. I can't run AC in this location except for like 4 months out of the year so heat is an issue.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 AM #36
THC123

THC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud of
Well the power bill will be higher because I am using 4x 279 watts instead of one 600 watt.

Also the heat is a problem now with 4 lamps. With one or two lamps no problem but now I have to set the exhaust on maximum and use air intake as well.

Still even though they it is warm with the 4 lamps now (26 -28 degrees) I don't feel hot spots as I did with the HPS.

The main reason I went for LED is because in my growing tent I don't get the quality I want with HPS due to the heat it radiates. In growing rooms I don't have problems with hps but in a tent they suck for me.

Also with LED you can grow stronger and tastier weed with stronger smells. So for me it was about heat and quality. And I was hoping to save money as well with the bill. But not with these lights and the space I have.
THC123 is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 01:02 AM #37
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420somewhere View Post
After hearing all of the Hopla over LEDs I decided to give them a try....

I took out my 600w HPS and put a Vipraspectra 600 and a 90w RED LED in my flower box... (350 actual watts)..

I gave it 3 good tries (6 months).... My best yield was 42 grams cut and dried...

I really gave it a solid try as I have been flowering in that box for ten years.

In order to be fair I used a 400 watt HPS in the exact configuration, soup to nuts.

It wasn't the best run but yielded 95.1 grams cut and dried. The buds were bigger and harder.

I'm sure someone is doing well with LEDs, but I will stick with the HPS.
But the conversation isn't over whether LEDs are better than HPS. The OP wanted a recommendation for some LED's. So I gave mine.

Some people don't like/can't use HPS because of the heat generated and other issues. I tried them, but I couldn't stand to be in my own grow closet because of the intense light.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 04:06 AM #38
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Well the Vipraspectra suck, that’s my recommendation.

Prop 215 Compliant

Old 05-16-2018, 04:10 AM #39
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Well, I don't see anybody agreeing with you, but I do see a couple people agreeing with me. I've personally had GREAT results and ZERO problems. So I'll take your recommendation with a grain of salt, that's all.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 04:13 AM #40
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

I you want to find threads trashing Vipraspectra ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
Well, I don't see anybody agreeing with you, but I do see a couple people agreeing with me. I've personally had GREAT results and ZERO problems. So I'll take your recommendation with a grain of salt, that's all.
Just look

I’m not here to argue on the internet UNSUBSCRIBED