Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2017, 03:00 PM #41
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Wow I am in disbelief that the 2 plants under the P3 were budding so fast, then this morning I checked TDS: it was only 225! Just made fresh nutes (~ 625) to add to the existing nutes. Could NPK be that potent?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 AM #42
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
I cut back the feeding schedule on both tents from one/hour to one/two and a half hours. Im thinking the 2 plants getting Emerald Harvest nutes could not process that much food 24/7, which might have something to do with the tip burn on the older girls

I've been scratching my head over the speedy bud development at such a low NPK TDS. (~ 250), when I would normally be around 600 at this stage

I had been checking TDS with my Oakton 35, but since the pH portion died, I thought maybe the TDS side was no longer accurate. Turns out it was reading double the amount my new TDS meter reads. Meaning my Emerald Harvest nutes that I thought were < 1000 tds was only 450ish. another indication that plants perform quite well on a lot less nutes than the directions suggest. Nutrients going twice as far will save me a good bit of money per year

I went to NPKs Feeding Chart, which measures in tsps: Bloom 1.5 tsp/gallon, multiplying by the 3 gallons I need to adequately feed the 2 totes= 4.5 tsps/3 gallons. Future nute mixing will be a lot easier now

I scrolled down the chart for hydro (BINGO). Bloom nutes is measured in GRAMS, a measured tsp = 2gms. I had been doubling it to somewhere around 325 tds

I typically run Emerald Harvest 800-950 (or so I thought). The buds on those 2 plants are really phat, and since yesterday, the lower buds are beginning to frost. Anyway, I'll go by NPKs feed chart and see what happens, plus keep the EH nutes around the same. Those 2 only have a couple weeks left and it's time to start reducing their TDS

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa

Old 07-17-2017, 06:08 PM #43
PetFlora

Trying to up the TDS for the young budding plants, I drained 2 gallons of nutes and added one gallon fresh @ 700+ TDS. It's still below 400. I may do this again in week or so

2 days ago I took a couple clones from the tall gal under the P3. They are occupying a center spot in the veg tent bubble system. Looking good, no shock or wilt

Old 07-18-2017, 02:56 PM #44
ratchy

ratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really nice
intresting reed
ratchy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:07 PM #45
PetFlora

welcome Ratchy,

here's a pic taken today of the largest plant under the Amare P3. First pistils appeared just 8 days ago

Also pic of the nursery and the 2 under Amare SE 250, they are both frosting up rather nicely

I took 2 clones 3 days ago, and they are doing fine, not in the nursery picture though

Hail Hydro

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3927.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	420822Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3931.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	420823Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3934.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	420824

Old 07-18-2017, 06:18 PM #46
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Those buds in pic #3 look like they are coming on strong. Seem to be enjoying the Amare. Congrats.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 PM #47
acdc

hey petflora they look friggin sweet and the amare seems to be doing a neat job

Old 07-18-2017, 07:07 PM #48
OG Expressions
Banned

OG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetFlora View Post
The 2 older seedlings are developing more leafs but still require support to stay up. The small one in the front is the first seed to crack and placed into thee coco pouches.

Under the humid dome: one of the seeds has popped through, should see cotyledons by days end

Attachment 414965
Wow ive never seen someone use a humidity dome for seeds. Its been recognized for 20+ years they kill more seeds than they start. Interesting. How do you manage to get them to sprout in that thing?

If you dont like rapid rooters you could germ seeds in rockwool seed starters or croutons. The croutons would make more sense than coco into a hydro system.

You mentioned in the op having difficulty with seedlings noodling. Try throwing a little t5 over them about 4" away. They wont do that. If you are growing little noodles the light is too far away.

Those amare lights look interesting. Kind of gimicky though in my opinion. Ive peeled though their site, they are far from something i would spend money on. Interesting but you could build the same thing so much cheaper. I wonder how many pannels could you build for the price of buying 1 from those guys.
OG Expressions is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2017, 02:05 PM #49
PetFlora

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Expressions View Post
Wow ive never seen someone use a humidity dome for seeds. Its been recognized for 20+ years they kill more seeds than they start. Interesting. How do you manage to get them to sprout in that thing?

If you dont like rapid rooters you could germ seeds in rockwool seed starters or croutons. The croutons would make more sense than coco into a hydro system.

You mentioned in the op having difficulty with seedlings noodling. Try throwing a little t5 over them about 4" away. They wont do that. If you are growing little noodles the light is too far away.

Those amare lights look interesting. Kind of gimicky though in my opinion. Ive peeled though their site, they are far from something i would spend money on. Interesting but you could build the same thing so much cheaper. I wonder how many pannels could you build for the price of buying 1 from those guys.
You've NEVER seen people use humidity dome for seedlings? Mind Blown. Common practice. And what is noodling? NEVER MIND ANSWERING FYI: Rockwool requires disposal by hazardous waste, and it's dangerous to inhale, or get into your body.

The coco pellets are in a bag, which is dropped into coco net cups, and surrounded with ornamental stones, which are easily removed from the roots after harvest and 100% reusable

You've only 'peeled' through amare's site, but never used them, neither do you have any grows or degrees to support your 'opinion'. Does anyone smell a troll? It seems like you are only looking for an excuse to bash Amare

Old 07-19-2017, 04:35 PM #50
PetFlora

Late yesterday I noticed the larger plant in the veg tent was drooping, so I took it out and flushed the roots over night

This morning the others were showing bad signs (lower yellow leafs), so I dumped the nutes, cleaned the tote and air stones, made fresh nutes...

I want to get rid of the air stones. I have some low pressure aero manifolds coming my way. I will put them inside the tote
on a timer and eliminate the air pump/stones