What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

LungCooking

hohohoho, nice!

i hope i find a more sativa looking plant here! Definitely looking for a more lemon taste than the usual earthy + musky from the indicas... and of course the ssh high! hehehe

pollen chuck party with ssh sounds super! Judging by the size of my ssh, i have a looooong way still! :D

Dammit Lungcooking I specifically worded my post to avoid having to describe how she smells! :)

If you've ever had ssh then you know exactly what it smells like. I've never been able to put it to words very well. To me ssh smells a lot like lemon lime twang salt, though most people don't seem to know what that is... A sad reminder that I must be getting old.

This particular pheno has a little less hazy twang funk and some added earthy, musky, maybe even piney type notes underneath. This seems to match the tighter, denser flowers and shorter flower time so she leans a little more to the nl or skunk side than other phenos I've run. All positive attributes in my book.

I have another even older ssh cut in the cloner that I believe also leans somewhere on this side of the genetics. If I get roots on her I might have to bust out my pack of relentless ssh f4 and have a pollen chuck party over here. :party:

Scrappy-doo

Down to my last 2 plants in the old batch of soil. First up is ecsd. I tried to go real easy on the watering, but gave her too much a couple weeks ago and she started acting up. Still looking pretty good though.

Been running 11/13 light cycle this round with some interesting effects. First is that her flowers look a little different. A friend thought I had a mislabeling issue but nope, this is her. Same girl I've had the last 10 yrs.

The other noticeable effect is that she seems to be finishing earlier than usual. Here she is at 67 days and she looks pretty much done to me. Gonna take her down this weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

GMO is looking pretty much done too. Can't complain at all about the 11/13 shaving an extra week+ off the schedule.

@67 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Looks great but I agree with the mislabeled :biggrin::moon:
It's weird how much that schedule changes morphology.

What are your nite temps to get all that purple? Does the 11/13 change the terps any?

I have really nice aroma on my CMH flowers and they are solid much sooner than under HID for me.

Goats

oh boy that sour had my mouth watering thinking about how it smells and tastes. looking great scrappy!

Scrappy-doo

Chunky she's growing at my friend's place so I'm not sure on the night temps but I doubt it goes below 60 at night over there. The purple really only came on during the last week. I didn't notice much change in her smell but haven't really had a good whiff lately but I'll give an update on it this weekend when I'm back there for harvest.

nickman

Veteran
Very nice colors ...!!!...

I like how you made the wire scrog on top of the buckets ...
also, are those plastic bags stuffed on top of the soil ...?...

:)...

Scrappy-doo

Thanks nickman, yeah I made those so I can scrog and still have the option to move plants around. Works out pretty good.

The bags are on there because I put down some nematodes and need to keep the soil moist on top. The sand I was using on top was turning into a pita and got real messy when watering. Fuck that I found a great deal on nematodes at amazon, like $13 for 2 applications worth. Can't beat it. Finally I don't have to smush gnats walking across my computer screen when the lights go off!

nickman

Veteran
Thanks nickman, yeah I made those so I can scrog and still have the option to move plants around. Works out pretty good.

The bags are on there because I put down some nematodes and need to keep the soil moist on top. The sand I was using on top was turning into a pita and got real messy when watering. Fuck that I found a great deal on nematodes at amazon, like $13 for 2 applications worth. Can't beat it. Finally I don't have to smush gnats walking across my computer screen when the lights go off!

Yeah, I’ve always wanted to do a scrog but I have no way of watering the plants towards the back of the room... doing it like that though would definitely work out a lot better for me... I’ll have to give it a shot one of these days...!!!...

Those dam knats get on my nerves too...

Goats

Yeah, I’ve always wanted to do a scrog but I have no way of watering the plants towards the back of the room... doing it like that though would definitely work out a lot better for me... I’ll have to give it a shot one of these days...!!!...

Those dam knats get on my nerves too...

i am not going to use another scrog in my current room after last time doing it, for the same reason you mentioned. it was a bitch to get to the plants in the back. as a result their training and defoliation suffered a lot.

i'll do it again when i can access more than 1 side of the grow :tiphat:

Scrappy-doo

Same reason I never tried a net. I hand water and didn't see how I'd be able to weight check my pots to see how dry they were. That's why I started doing it this way. Now I can just take out 1 plant on each side of the tent and get in there.

picture.php

picture.php

Only one that didn't get a screen was this dosidos #4, but she grows into a nice sturdy bush anyways so didn't really need one.

picture.php

Here's a chem sister. She gets pulled out every time I water so may as well snap a couple pics.

picture.php

I pollenated her with some Jalalabad Star pollen. First step in a little bx project I'll be playing around with.

picture.php

Went with the Jalalabad because it's an afghani line with a similar acrid skunky type flower that will probably blend really well with the sis. Another plus is that all the females I ran from these seeds grew like an og... Tall and lanky with tight frosty golf ball nugs and very minimal lateral branching. Should be pretty easy to pick out males that are chem phenos. In theory at least lol.

I was to also planning to use one of the Uncle Festers Skunk males from the pack I'm running now to compare results with. I figured it would be a good starting point because the sister has a skunky kinda thing going on, but I'm not finding any skunk in these uncle fester females which kinda sucks because it's the whole reason I bought them.

Scrappy-doo

Whoops guess I had some pics mislabeled. That's orange kush above, here's the chem sis. Day 28.

picture.php

picture.php

Been using 99 cent walmart drop cloths to pollenate with these screens. I can do up to 4 at a time this way.

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent way to pollinate a single branch. I used to do the exact same with extra 6mil plastic laying around. Wait 24hrs and it doesn't really hurt the ladies too much and you can spray it all down with water to keep things proper.

LOL. I was surprised to see the Sis with such thin leaves. Makes me feel better knowing you mislabeled a picture! She is such a great plant. Love me some Chem Sis! I can't wait for this Sis x TPK to get big enough to flower! I'm almost ready to see if the Chem Sis x Digi Bx1 will germinate.

Sucks to hear you didn't find what you were seeking in the Uncle Fester. The hunt for an illusive skunk continues it would seem.

Keep up the great work. You have some interesting projects for sure! You need some Snow Monkey pollen. ;)

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Yeah the D is funky but the sis wins for pure stank. She's a naaasty woman!

Not really feeling the 4 as much. Seems like the odd ball of the group. Sorta lemon candyish. Maybe I just haven't dialed her yet.

Snow Monkey... I'm guessing that's the GG4 x grom/digi? I like tossin' pollen that's for sure!

Latest posts

Latest posts