What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's male number #1 smell like? I see #4 has the side branching going on and a good frame. I like the looks of #7 too, though, I tend to select toward broad leafed plants, but I guess it looks more "cookie" than the others. I think it's hard to pick a male via pictures if you aren't intimately familiar with the genetics, but that aside, a lot can be told by a super strong stem rub, regardless what they look like. I like what you are thinking with this project. :joint:

dank.Frank

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I was gonna say male #4 from looking at the group pic. Another look at them and #5 stands out too. #5 maybe more Face-Off dom, larger distance between internodes ? Better yet, use them all, lol.

Scrappy-doo

Beautiful frosty Chocolate Trip!

Thanks LC :) She really is the standout aesthetically compared to the rest, which are all still very nice. I'll get some shots of them for comparison before harvest. The one disappointment on these is none are chocolate smelling. Some hints of vanilla... perhaps, if I use my imagination, with a light fruity nose at the forefront I can't quite nail down. Melon and asian pear come to mind. There are a couple that have some hashy notes that I'd like to dig further into the next gen and see if I can't pull out some cocoa. Maybe I'll have to get some straight chocolate thai to find what I'm looking for.

Scrappy-doo

What's male number #1 smell like? I see #4 has the side branching going on and a good frame. I like the looks of #7 too, though, I tend to select toward broad leafed plants, but I guess it looks more "cookie" than the others. I think it's hard to pick a male via pictures if you aren't intimately familiar with the genetics, but that aside, a lot can be told by a super strong stem rub, regardless what they look like. I like what you are thinking with this project. :joint:

dank.Frank

I was gonna say male #4 from looking at the group pic. Another look at them and #5 stands out too. #5 maybe more Face-Off dom, larger distance between internodes ? Better yet, use them all, lol.

Thanks for the input guys. :tiphat:

Frank there's not a ton of smell on most of these. #1 I'd say has some hashy cookie notes. #7 definitely looks the most like cookie but has zero smell and is showing to be a little nute senstive with some spotting on her leaves. These are all in straight FFOF with plain water. There's another unsexed plant in veg that's leaning hard to the OGKB side.

This is the Dosidos f1 female I'll be crossing them all to. 43 days here.

picture.php

picture.php

The flowers are sublime. Heavy fresh baked mocha chip cookie smelling and a taste that just coats your mouth. But... I really can't stand her lanky, floppy og frame and the yield is just pathetic. The immediate goal is to strengthen and fatten her up while keeping or hell maybe even improving those mouth watering terps. Beyond that I think you're right, it's hard to know what to look for without getting to know the line more intimately.

DTOG interesting the #5 caught your eye. He's the real standout on the stem rub, although I think you're right he's very face-off dominant. Aside from the obvious og frame he smells heavy of it as well with an almost menthol coating. Not really looking for another og, hell I just lost my sfv and not even missing her, but he might be another one to put aside. I have a loompa headband outside that he'd probably be a great match to. The headband is another one that just reeks fuel and og. And might just be the heaviest hitter in my entire lineup.

LungCooking

Thanks LC :) She really is the standout aesthetically compared to the rest, which are all still very nice. I'll get some shots of them for comparison before harvest. The one disappointment on these is none are chocolate smelling. Some hints of vanilla... perhaps, if I use my imagination, with a light fruity nose at the forefront I can't quite nail down. Melon and asian pear come to mind. There are a couple that have some hashy notes that I'd like to dig further into the next gen and see if I can't pull out some cocoa. Maybe I'll have to get some straight chocolate thai to find what I'm looking for.

ahnnn... Here in the south is very common to get sativas from Paraguay with chocolate taste, the more you cure the more chocolate it gets... I tend to look for Citrus/Skunk taste/smell in my flowers

Chocolate thai sounds amazing man

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

Pure choc thai sounds amazing but not for indoor setups, unless you can find an ibl that's been bred to stay shorter and finish faster indoors, and its been stabilized too. Otherwise pure CT is gonna be rough indoors imo. Im running a hmong thai indoors and shes a unruly beast to deal with.

Did I get you some of those cocoa kush? You will get cocoa flavor from those guaranteed. Plus the dstar x ck carries the cocoa trait.

I think its smart going with multiple males and at least 2 for your single crosses, just in case one is sterile or doesn't work out.

Hey I just pulled down those SS. Turned out really nice. Blueberry and grape muffin type on the finish. Got frosty as ever too. One got a little close to the bulb and forced a little color fade, otherwise not too much. Very vigorous but the flower size stayed kind of small compared to the other cuts in the room. Does it get very big or is she a small cola form?

Scrappy-doo

Yeah I'm sure it would be a bitch to keep. I'd just be looking for a chocolate pheno to outcross with something more manageable. Good to know it's in the cocoa kush. Are there straight coco phenos or is it more like cocoa berry?

The silver snowman hasn't been a big yielder for me. Too bad because that frame she's got could likely support some heavy cleavage. Tell you the truth though I'm starting to care less and less about yield. As long as she's got nice flowers and isn't too fussy or high maintenance I'm usually pretty happy.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That set of genes is on my short list to get to, although, I'll likely be sorting some of the Snow Monkey, which is GG#4 x Snowman dad. I know there is bound to be some winners in there.

I suppose, since she flowers so quickly, you could veg the plants a bit bigger before flip and still not really be off schedule. Might help with their numbers.

dank.Frank

Miraculous Meds

Yeah I'm sure it would be a bitch to keep. I'd just be looking for a chocolate pheno to outcross with something more manageable. Good to know it's in the cocoa kush. Are there straight coco phenos or is it more like cocoa berry?

The silver snowman hasn't been a big yielder for me. Too bad because that frame she's got could likely support some heavy cleavage. Tell you the truth though I'm starting to care less and less about yield. As long as she's got nice flowers and isn't too fussy or high maintenance I'm usually pretty happy.

They go cocoa/berry, cocoa is the dominant aroma on all. The other main aroma i get is anise or black licorice. Dank tobacco, and leather are other minor aromas. The ds cross put out a sweet cocoa pheno and a dark cocoa/ light garlic background.. Yields are top notch on the cross too. Just ran those again and they both put out donkey dick colas like the ds momma.

Yields arent not my primary concern as well. Indoors though, its nice to get some return of flowers for the cost of the energy to produce them.

Scrappy-doo

Heady's GG4 x Snowman keeper was my favorite of all the snowman offspring I've run so far. Terps and flavor were fantastic especially after a cure. Downside was the yield. The silver snowman keeper was average yielding but the gromberry glue was probably the lowest yielding plant I've run in a long time. I'm being a hypocrite here saying I don't care about yield anymore because that's the main reason I let her go, lol. I guess I do have my limits! Glad I mated her to my purple Silver Snowman male tho. A female like that one who yields atleast average would be quite a find.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I knew the SSCDH wouldn't hurt the yields on glue. I figured the Grom/Digi Bx1 would. However, I knew the resin output wouldn't be diminished at all. Huge plus there and that is no small feat.

You saying that just pushed those to top of the pile. Cobalt Haze and then Snow Monkey. Makes sense. Some of the freshest seed I have and no doubt there is potential there.

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Snow Monkey's a great name. My last run with that one was at a friends place who smokes a good 1/4z a day of whatever comes out of that room and I've run my entire lineup through there. Usually the chems are their go to but her and her boyfriend thought that plant was the best smoke out of all of them. Of course it was already gone by then lol.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think best, in many cases, equates to standout, which often times, if you are smoking the same menu for a period of time, putting something new into the mix could spike the balance.

His male was awesome. I'm not trying to down talk it at all. One of the best I've ever seen. But when the word best starts getting tossed around...hahaha. Well...you know.

Originally, the GG#4 x Snowman were going to go out as a freebie for people who won high price auctions. In part, because there was only 14 or 18, maybe 12, don't recall. There were fewer packs of that line, is the point.

I think there is a ton of potential in those seeds, in terms of heavy yield with "the high". Seems you found some flavor, but perhaps not special in other terms, with other lines from that male?

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Aside from the balls on the GromDigi f2, there wasn't really a single thing I can complain about with any of the females I've run, and even that was a blessing because she didn't make it thru the reveg. Great potency on all of them as well as a nice sturdy frame, tons of frost, and fast finish times. Very pleased with all of them.

But still I've had to let them all go. Even the silver snowman is gone now but I made seed and passed her around a little. Most stuff I run from seed and even some of the clones can't be kept more than a few runs here because of space. It's hard to let some of these go but with this seed popping addiction I have it keeps the flow of new genetics pretty steady. Fortunately I also have a pollen chucking addiction so I can revisit all of these another day when I move out of this tiny little studio.

Scrappy-doo

A closer look at the males.

#1,6,7 - the shorter phenos

picture.php

#4- the keeper, headed to reveg

picture.php

#5- the stinker

picture.php

All being batched as pictured along with a mix batch of all of them combined. #2 and #3 were culled.

Scrappy-doo

Females before I top them for cuts. Up potted and headed to flower.

#1,2,3

picture.php

And the runts... #4, and 5 is still not showing sex

picture.php

Jalalabad- Bit over ripe... Been waiting on seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If that runtiest of runts that looks so OKGB gnar is a male, Forum x him would be awesome.

dank.Frank

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
do you even OGKB male bro??

picture.php

got a nice male from the Headband x unknown beans i found in your flowers that is super loud and about to drop.

gonna put him back on the Headband and maybe the 2.0 too...