What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

Desertbear87

Will this work for just four buckets with a 5gal control res and 1" returns?

Dont have three space for a control res and a refill res and wanna keep the potential for flood damage to a minimum.

DiverDave

Will this work for just four buckets with a 5gal control res and 1" returns?

Dont have three space for a control res and a refill res and wanna keep the potential for flood damage to a minimum.

I use 4 5 gal buckets to 1 rez of 27 gal.
But after all buckets get about 4 gals in each the rez is holding just 3 to 5 gals at max.
I fill using 6 5 gal buckets filled the day before to rez change or flush.
The rez is holding 4 to 5 inches of H2O about 2 inches above pump filter.
Top off is with a float valve.
This way if anything came back to rez , it will not over fill it.

Yours may very

DD

I just made an RDWC. I think mine is undercurrent...not top feed. I recirc the water from the back of the system back into the control res. It's working good so far. I need to figure out how to plumb in the auto feed bigger res tho cause my top offs are too often. I have the float valve in my control res already...just need the big auto feed res hooked up. And how to pressurize the auto feed big res...is hydraulic pressure enough? to pump into the system? It's kinda like a boiler auto feed. Hmm.