What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

About potency

maimunji

If maximum potency is genetically based is this same for minimum thc level on the same pheno? I mean if you have pheno that can reach 25% how bad we can grow this pheno. It is possible at the end to finish with 5% or less?
Anyone growing same clone again and again is potency vary from run to run? How much? Is it really noticeptably? When this happening dramatically? Overfeed, too much heat, deficiency, pets, different harvest window.
Many thanks.

Easy7

Veteran
Never heard of a cut losing potency as much as slows down. Lot's of growers with the same cut all turn out a bit different product. Look at GG#4, not everyone does her right. She looks like she gets shittier each new grower that has her.

Genetic potential

Genetic potential

For me I have noticed that conditions. Expamples are, Heat stress, under and over watering, and many others. These stresses Slow down, stall, stunt , or stop all together certain plant functions that when functioning together help the plant reach its Genetic potential. Each problem the plant has will effect its end potential. And I would say potential is directly proportional to potency. For example. Two clones from same mom same conditions except. One is heavily mulched and one is not. The plant with the heavy mulch will have a lot more sticky trichomes then the plant that constantly had its root ball dried out stunting it’s trichome production. Not saying that genetics do not play into it because they do. You have to good genetics to start. But just because you good genetics does not mean you will have good results.....

Never heard of a cut losing potency as much as slows down. Lot's of growers with the same cut all turn out a bit different product. Look at GG#4, not everyone does her right. She looks like she gets shittier each new grower that has her.

Lmao. I agree. Everyone just thinks you buy a good strain and you can’t go wrong treat her how ever u like. How ever. If you get great genetics and treat her right.... it will be amazing. :dance013:

Easy7

Veteran
Also a lot of these special cuts where bred for a bit in the breeders garden. Something bred for one guys climate or indoor grow, well it likely does best there in that guys grow. But some people know things well enough they do well.

Like here for instance, we get a lot more rain than cali. So not all cali strains will do oh so well. As well as cali has a varied climate from county to county, like many states.

We could actually use more early jungle sativa genetics here. Hawaiian strains handle rain better. As always it depends on the year. They say this year is bad for strawberries.

maimunji

That make me thinking. What make plants like gg4 so special? Quality of high? High level of thc? Specific cannabinoids ratios? Thc to cbd to others? Is this will be genetically based? How much good plants i trash through years that was shitty grow?

Easy7

Veteran
I think people like her because of oil yields. So yes potency which is equal to oil extraction. People also think long resin stalks and the white they cause is a sign of oil. Which it's all in the gland and not the stalk. This was debated on over grow and why some people didn't like the white family as in white widow family. I've noticed sativa resin doesn't bend over or a good afghan hash plant. As well as some people think only blonde hash is good. There are plenty of dark hasish's that have dark colors and plenty of oil content.

People also get very attached in the weed arena. Not able to let Go of myth and hype and believe every damn word. Like skunk man said, he bred open pollination and burned acres of ganja just to select the best. Now people breed every damn thing they have with almost no culling.