What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
thanks everyone for your support...I'll find out exactly what happened on Wed... When I speak to my public defender...

I can't afford a lawyer... So I'm stuck with a guy that gets paid from the state that is prosecuting me..!!!??? I really have never seen how being represented by a Public Defender isnt a conflict of interest .. when u really look at it...

And yes they took ALL my seed work for Secret Garden Seeds along with everything else I had gathered throughout the yrs... Some genetics that I was trying to preserve can never be replaced... And now lost to time ... Like so many others have gone before them.... I had landrace lines from Afghanistan and Africa... Forever now lost ! It's very upsetting... ;(

I'm not sure how the charge is going to play out with this representative Im forced to use...

All I know is what the detective said to me when showing me warrant.... You shouldnt throw away your weed where I can find it... I didnt say anything...... Cause 1.. My trash is in the alley and 2.. I don't!!! Throw my weed stems or whatever in the trash!!! For this very reason! I've heard of them doing this kinda crap many times to others.... And 3... If I look at my property line it goes half way into the alley! But I'm sure that's just splitting hairs and they won't care..

SGS

jonnyfli

thanks everyone for your support...I'll find out exactly what happened on Wed... When I speak to my public defender...

I can't afford a lawyer... So I'm stuck with a guy that gets paid from the state that is prosecuting me..!!!??? I really have never seen how being represented by a Public Defender isnt a conflict of interest .. when u really look at it...

And yes they took ALL my seed work for Secret Garden Seeds along with everything else I had gathered throughout the yrs... Some genetics that I was trying to preserve can never be replaced... And now lost to time ... Like so many others have gone before them.... I had landrace lines from Afghanistan and Africa... Forever now lost ! It's very upsetting... ;(

I'm not sure how the charge is going to play out with this representative Im forced to use...

All I know is what the detective said to me when showing me warrant.... You shouldnt throw away your weed where I can find it... I didnt say anything...... Cause 1.. My trash is in the alley and 2.. I don't!!! Throw my weed stems or whatever in the trash!!! For this very reason! I've heard of them doing this kinda crap many times to others.... And 3... If I look at my property line it goes half way into the alley! But I'm sure that's just splitting hairs and they won't care..

SGS

bummer reading about this SGS good vibes sent to you lets hope for the best :comfort:

herbgreen

Veteran
Sounds like an overkill response...

But man you got think bump in the road

You'll get better seeds better grow hardware better situation down the road in a legal state

Remember that everything you have lost you will upgrade

Its the only way to go

ANd its true.

M

moose eater

SGS

Hang in there.

The property line in the alley is likely compromised by right-of-way easements, is my guess.

But where I am, up North, when the state was violating the 1975 Ravin decision willy-nilly, under their then-new (unconstitutional) recriminalization initiative post-1990, it was the Public Defenders Agency attorneys who got 2 of the earliest cases dismissed, citing Ravin. And both cases were from relatively conservative towns in SE Alaska.

They may not always be Tony Serra, Gerry Spence or F. Lee Bailey, etc., but I've known some who put in TONS of extra hours, have repeatedly busted cops on the stand for perjury, and traveled to other towns to uncover misstatements by LEO, all while having 150-200 cases sitting on their desks.

What I'm saying is, wait to see who and what they give you for representation, and go from there. You may get one of those diamonds in the rough, who's not in the game for the cash.

buzzmobile

Veteran
1. The Fourth Amendment does not prohibit the warrantless search and seizure of garbage left for collection outside the curtilage of a home. Pp. 486 U. S. 39-44.

(a) Since respondents voluntarily left their trash for collection in an area particularly suited for public inspection, their claimed expectation of privacy in the inculpatory items they discarded was not objectively reasonable. It is common knowledge that plastic garbage bags left along a public street are readily accessible to animals, children, scavengers, snoops, and other members of the public. Moreover, respondents placed their refuse at the curb for the express purpose of conveying it to a third party, the trash collector, who might himself have sorted through it or permitted others, such as the police, to do so. The police cannot reasonably be expected to avert their eyes from evidence of criminal activity that could have been observed by any member of the public. Pp. 486 U. S. 43-44.

M

moose eater

States can have more restrictive laws where police conduct is concerned.

If you look at what the Feds are permitted to do where entrapment is concerned, as a separate example, it's a free-for-all. But if you look at cases brought by states that have been properly dismissed over rulings that they involved entrapment, you can see that the states often have more stringent guidelines by virtue of their own statutes or precedents.

Seen that one up close. Valdez, Alaska w/ coke busts in the mid-1990s, using an informant who enticed persons to do coke with him (sleazy SOB, he was)..

Searches can be restricted by states (or even municipalities) in similar way. They can both grant greater rights to the citizenry than the Feds; they're not supposed to take more rights away than the feds.

FlaDankster

Veteran
Some thing else happened.

I just don't see an investigation being done over a report of you smoking some pot.They were tipped off to some one growing.

Sorry to hear this mang.

A friend of mine was popped back in the beginning of Jan.They came and picked him and his son up for cultivation and possession 6 days ago.

green404

Some thing else happened.

I just don't see an investigation being done over a report of you smoking some pot.They were tipped off to some one growing.

I had similar thoughts. Some states are backwards and have a lot of time to waste, but.. a mouth long investigation into the smell of pot ?

I have heard of people ordering stuff online that can be used for production of banned things. DEA owns the company ordered from and notifies the local law enforcement to investigate, which usually includes looking for empty packages in the trash=enough for a warrant.
Hunters try keep secret how they get their prey. that way it can keep working. I bet many "routine" traffic stops, were tipped off by info from internet activity, snitches, etc.

The OP should do a "request for discover". They do not like to dish these out and many times they will start giving pleas so they do have to.

Satyros

Alley's not yours. You have an easement for right of access, but it's still city property, probably for several feet off the alley itself. However, if you weren't putting stems or anything in it...then they must have come from somewhere else, or the cop is lying. Keep in mind that the Supreme Court says they have to tell the truth on the witness stand. They do that sometimes, but, outside of court, it's routine to say anything they want.

My guess is the only way to challenge it is to go after the legalities of the investigation. Public Defender is not a conflict of interest because, the underlying motive is to keep you working and paying taxes.

I am not sure how you investigate an indoor grow where no weed has been thrown in the trash. There's nothing to see. I'm assuming the warrant was fresh and executed pretty much immediately--if they had that to start, they would just have done it without investigating. Something is missing to explain the "stems that were found" if the trash was virginal.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear what you are going through. Sounds like some genuine bullshit. A SWAT team and full on investigation over the smell of pot smoke and supposed stems in the trash? Man they don't fuck around over in your state, or for better words they seem to be pretty good at it.

Your ratbag neighbors really need to mind their own damn business. Props to the detective who made a career bust on 3 zips and a month of surveillance. Sounds like you have a legit Sherlock Holmes on your hands.

Wishing you the best in the worst of times. It's hard to believe this shit hasn't ended yet. Too many good people made into criminals over nothing.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s lamer than a one legged horse!

Nosy neighbors are a pain in the ass sometimes & especially when they think they have the right to force their morals upon others. Fuck them & the mules they rode in on!

That seed collection is your biggest loss!
I hope you stashed some away with some folks you trust & failing that, maybe you can recover some of your genetics via donations of your gear back to ya. If I had some I’d send it back to ya in a heart beat, so you could continue your work.

I hope those blue lined demons have a severe karma attack for the lives they’ve ruined in any way shape or form... same for those doo gooder moral police types...

Easy7

Veteran
Smoking weed is associated with being a commie or worse, in a lot of people's minds. Only 65% of those surveyed recently, find smoking mj 'moral'. Never mind all the immoral shit about them. Weed is something for people to focus their self hate onto, so they have an illusion of superiority.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Smoking weed is associated with being a commie or worse, in a lot of people's minds. Only 65% of those surveyed recently, find smoking mj 'moral'. Never mind all the immoral shit about them. Weed is something for people to focus their self hate onto, so they have an illusion of superiority.

Haha smoking weed is communist! I love it when they say that one lol. Meanwhile over in the land of Carl Marx if you get caught with some bud they say "Smoking weed is for capitalist dogs!" The world is one big loony bin.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I seriously do not understand how your neighbors can even feel safe now. I know Im peaceful as I am sure you know you are peaceful. But I would think if your head is so far up their ass they think turning in pot smokers is helpful, they must be waiting at home for you to show up and go all reefer madness all over them. What a bunch of turd gurglers.

Not saying you should do anything dumb. But I do think you should get creative. If you need any ideas feel free to ask.

People like that need too know two things. Marijuana never hurt anyone. And that being a snitch can and will lead to several very messy, embarrasing and life changing experiences. Make them terrified to ever call a cop again.

Latest posts

Latest posts