What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I get some help on what is causing this please

Bers

Just started week 5 of flower and starting to see this on a few plants down one end. Seems to be progressing to more leaves. Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 0DAE11AE-92C3-4E38-8AC4-B8DE96BBCAD0.jpg
    0DAE11AE-92C3-4E38-8AC4-B8DE96BBCAD0.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 3BCCC09C-DB2F-41E8-A8AD-508B9F59C18D.jpg
    3BCCC09C-DB2F-41E8-A8AD-508B9F59C18D.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 36B81940-DDB2-48F9-973E-AD634998DC35.jpg
    36B81940-DDB2-48F9-973E-AD634998DC35.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 22

Cannavore

Veteran
first thing i'd do is get a 30x (or stronger) scope or jewlers loupe and check for mites

Bers

Ah thanks mate, I’ve got a small mite problem I’m trying to combat with potassium soap and some leaves are just small spots. The leaves that are like this don’t have the little spots like the others. Could it be different types of mites you think?

Bers

Any other ideas guys. It’s gwtting worse quite quickly so don’t think it’s a mite issue as there’s really not many of them. Leaves are starting to curl up too like they’re drying out

DrDee

How about some clues. What water are you using. Tap? If so, what's the ppm? When leaves are drying and dieing, I tend to think there's a Ca issue...as in too much. See any brown spots?
JD

Americangrower

Veteran
Whats the temp down that end? To me I think its Cal deficiency, which effects the plants transpiration. That then causes leaves to be dry from temps or lack of proper airflow. Check your feedwater PH after adding nutes and add some Cal/Mag

rjrom90

I'd say those plants look deficient in phosphorous and magnesium with possibly a bit too much nitrogen.

That’s literally the same type of deficiencies I get when I’m not using enough cal/mag and Epsom salts. Now my plants are hogs for cal and mag but worth a shot anyways

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It would be great to have a lot more information for context:

- grow style & medium (coco, hydro, soil)
- nutrients used
- temperatures, humidity
- runoff pH and EC/PPM

The more the better.

It looks like it could be any of what everyone has mentioned above: nutrient deficiency, insect or microbial damage, spray burn.

redlaser

Veteran
What is the rate used with the potassium soap?

I’ll get drying leaves at higher rates, like 6 oz per gallon.
I read 6 oz per gal as a recommended rate somewhere, didn’t start being an issue until the third app. Went away after stopping soap app.

I find 1-2 oz per gallon ineffective, but it is the most common recommended rate I see

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think redlaser's got it.

How often and how many times have you sprayed?

B

Buddhafamily456

Are they getting to much wind from a fan or something maybe?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
bugs

bugs

Looks like old bug damage to me! That soap killed the bugs, however the soap is damaging the leaf tissue.