What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Standard and Ace Mix

Azeotrope

Veteran
deepwaterdude - Thank you for the kind words! It is always interesting to think that it is still fairly early in flower. About 42-43days is still early for these Malawi ladies! I am used to longer flowering Sativas. Still though,

My wife is going to have a lot of work to do post harvest. LMFAO I am going to be having a major knee surgery and will not be able to bear any weight on my right leg for 6-8wks. I won't be able to squat fully until 12wks (if all is healing well) and this is a medium height tent. I am 6'3" haha.

Harvest should fall right into the middle of that period where I cannot maneuver to help. Maybe I will just sit on the bed or couch with a tray and trim........... The little Ace Mix girl will be done soon enough such that I should have it for medicine. Just started packing on some trichs. That will be highly appreciated as I do not like to take opiods/opiates. My "on-staff" orthopedic surgeon does not prescribe many anyway as he is very responsible and has worked on me for other major reconstructions and maintenance.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Somewhere around day 62..... Here are some pics of the Ace Mix girl. No amber yet. About 20% cloudy and otherwise looking to be close.

Azeotrope

Veteran
I'll be the first to admit that I let the Malawi girls run wild. They were run 18/6 from seed for about 8-10days, then switched to 12/12 and run about 10 days. Then down to 11/13 so they have some upper reaches where the light is not covering them as I would want. They also have some light burn in a few small areas. Temps run 75-80F MAX as I have active cooling and so on. Planning to reveg and scrog as soon as they are chopped.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Azeotrope,

The ACE Mix seems to be indeed close to harvest time.

The Malawi is a nice bush, if she grew too tall try to bend her down to improve light intensity and also try to lower down a bit the Nitrogen in the feedings.

Have a great start of week!

Ledgrow_aceseed

Ace seeds feminised mix

Ace seeds feminised mix

Does anyone have an idea what these 3 strains could be? Purchased an ace seeds feminised mix dated 01/03/18

Attachments

• IMG_20180709_025632.jpg
    IMG_20180709_025632.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 24

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Ledgrow_aceseed :)

Kindly make your own thread and post pics under natural light of the different females from your ACE Mix and i will do my best to identify them. Regards!

Azeotrope

Veteran
Thank you Dubi - I added a nice layer of worm castings and gave it no thought. Then I recalled that I had a fair amount of alfalfa going in the bin over time. I think there was a bit too much N available....... The Malawi took on a good tip burn.

They are filling out nicely still and the number of resin glands is quite impressive! It will still be a very good yield and looks to be of very high quality.

The Mix lady has been harvested. Large diameter buds (very indica looking) and not very dense. I have a desiccant chamber I built for quick sample drying and that girl is absolutely very powerful. Happy, very relaxing, a good bit of body effect that makes me forget about any ache or pain. Quite a lot of lemon/citrus to the aroma so far. Will know more as she goes through a proper dry and cure.

We are very pleased with the quality genetics you provide!!!! The Ace Mix lady is worth keeping for her medical benefits and very classic STONE affect. Thanks again to all of you at Ace!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome Azeotrope :)

Glad you are enjoying with the first tokes coming from your ACE Mix female.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Checked my tap water as it was looking like a recent issue of some sort had been locking out calcium or maybe something else...... I run an organic mix/program that is so super simple and reliable that I was totally confounded. Have run this for years without issue.

The home we are in now is on a well and it is near some very active geothermic and hot springs. Guess what? PH of the well water had risen from about 6.5-7.0 to 8.5!!! That leads me to believe much else might have changed.

I usually do not worry about PH in the right mix. However, that kind of change may involve mg, or other minerals/ions and water hardness. Not a lost cause at all but showing on fans and such. Nearing the end for the largest Malawi anyway. Day 70 is about here and I figure she looks like day 80 or so will be right.

So, I am going back to my store bought 7.0 filtered for now.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Trichs on the larger Malawi are changing and really looking cool. Nice and large bulbous heads on the stalks. About 30% of the individual heads are like 50%-60% crystal clear with cloudy/bubbly creeping through the rest of the head. Still not done yet. I love watching them transition.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Sample Nuggggg

Sample Nuggggg

Here is what the largest and most mature Malawi has for small nuggs in the lower canopy at day 73.

deepwaterdude

Very nice macros of your nuglets, Azeotrope, you can easily see the trich progress over the last week, getting pretty close and looking pretty nasty;)

Azeotrope

Veteran
deepwaterdude - Thank you. Credit goes to Dubi and everyone else at Ace Seeds for the very impressive genetics! Trich coverage is amazing when put under a scope. Some trichs have a second bulb protruding from the bulb that is right on top of the stalk. Looks like a nice double scoop of ice cream on top of a cone! hehehehehe There is still one more Malawi girl that is about 2wks out and today is day 80.

We are taking some down each day. The effects of some rapidly dehydrated (desiccant at 70F) nuggs have been very impressive. Long lasting, uplifting, great mood/mindset, very powerful, excellent taste and to top it off, the yield is turning out to be rather plentiful.

I did not have this grow completely dialed in and hope that after a reveg and the addition of a screen the next will be even better. I often let the first seed run go a little crazy to get a real feel for the genetics. Now the girls will get the appropriate guidance from here on out.

Wishing everyone well!

Azeotrope

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent Azeotrope :)

I really like the look of your Malawi standard close to finish .... she looks like the New Killer Malawi phenos with such big ovaries and huge trichomes. It's going to be a devastating smoke after 3 months of curing :D

Azeotrope

Veteran
Dubi - The largest girl (took over the tent) put out about 11oz. She has a wonderful effect as it is right now. Great moods, smooth smoke, wandering thoughts and a very open mind after smoking her. We staggered the harvest and the difference between day 72 and day 78 was noticeable. She is a keeper for sure. I left some lower/smaller branches on her and have been pulling them every other day or so.

There was one plant that could not compete with the larger plant for space and light. Her smell, flavor and effect are however, quite special and she will be revegged as well. We'll scrog these ladies and take cuttings to make sure she gets a fair chance. The difference in growth rate at the early stages is where she fell behind.

There is one more Malawi lady in the tent still going and nearing her end. She has huge buds on her, is very columnar in structure. Big producer for sure. Lots of Great looking trichomes and almost ready. I am guessing about 4-6oz from her.

All three are to be revegged, cloned and scrogged to allow them all to run again. They will have collectively produced about 1 pound in a 5.33 square foot tent with 385w of CDM lighting and organic feeding only. I wasn't even dialed in!

We are very pleased with the genetics you provided and will be pursuing some of your other offerings as well.

Azeotrope

Veteran
So, the quality of the two large Malawi ladies has been exceptional to say the least.

Plant #1 - About 10oz of the first girl to come down that is very electric and "happy". Thought provoking to an extra level at times. Makes for good visuals as well :) That was the crazy and wild girl that grew like a spider web and was pulled in batches at days 70, 74, 78. Started at about 40% milky and progressed to about 55% by the last chop. Mildly sweet and earthy flavour and mild/earthy (slightly sweet) smell. This one is my favorite.

Plant #2 - About 5.5 to 6oz from the very columnar girl. Pulled in batches at approx days 80, 83, 86. About 65% cloudy and an odd amber hear and there. Happy yet heavier than the wild lady. More fragrant and sweeter smelling. Lightly fruity. Makes me lose track of my plans and is my wife's favorite.

Potency is very high!

We both like #1 in the morning and day more than #2. #2 is usually for evening. Some friends that have had some samples were taken by surprise as the market is so flooded with generic commercial strains. They were not ready for the true impact of a real Sativa. bahahahahaha!

There was one additional Malawi that got lost in the jungle, produced 1oz of some crazy foul/sour/fuel smelling herb that was great smoke pulled at day 72 and unsmokeable at day 80 for some reason. She is in the oil making back-stock.

Azeotrope

Veteran
dubi - Thank you again for the great offerings! The two Malawi ladies have revegged very rapidly (I have a lot of experience re-vegging). Litterally starting re-growth (11/13 lighting) right at the nodes below cut lines as the harvest was happening in stages.

They are very vigorous. I have some Joey Weed NL seedlings in the bed with them and have added the correct layers of fan leaf/harvest trimmings and organics to the bed for the worms to process. As soon as the NL is ready to flower, I'll flip the schedule and we'll see what we get out of the two Malawi ladies on round 2.

Latest posts

Latest posts