What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rockwool - Dome vs No Dome vs Your Way - Race To The Roots 🏁

Trichstarfam

Having a little fun here and hopefully learning a few things as well as hoping to help others learn a few things too.

This little project is just about trying some different things with rockwool cloning. What i have going now is a few in tray 1 with a dome and tray 2 without a dome. I am open as well to anyones idea or a combo of ideas to try on a clone run and ill document with pics and we'll see how it goes.

First off the soak soution for the rockwool cubes is as follows:

2 gal water (tap)
5ml aqua flakes A
5ml aqua flakes B
20ml E91 clones
3.75ml ph down

1/2" of this mix poured into bottom of tray as well as a spray bottle filled with the mix for later use before the cubes were dropped in for soaking.

1.5" cubes soaked for a couple minutes. For this run the cubes were not squeezed.

The cuttings were all dropped into a glass of about an inch of e91 for about 30 seconds give or take.

If you decide to follow that formula please note the ph down will depend on your own water.

Tray 1 - Dome on day 1-7 without removing with vents closed all days. On day 7 i pulled the dome off for a few minutes and opened the vents. No noticable roots at this time. Dome is back on with vents fully open and will remove for a few minutes each day while checking the plugs moisture level. (Currently day 8)

Tray 2 - No dome at all. Will monitor moisture level of cubes each day but will not touch any clones for at least 5 days. (Currently day 1)

After these are done or scrapped (knock on wood) i am open to try your way or a combo of ways you guys would like to see and see what happens.

Thanks for the read!

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the tutorial.
I could use another cloning technique under my belt & I recently slowly murdered a mother plant in a 6x6 rw block.

I use an EZ-CLONER or Rapid Rooters or a glass of tap water changed every other day.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Interesting... I've done this a bunch the results vary... it's all dependent on the environment the rooms the clones are in... when I clone in the veg room no need for some but when I got the clone room done domes were necessary till I got humidifier...

G.O. Joe

Veteran
After cloning in peat pucks forever I switched to these cubes the AOK's, it comes down to the same important thing for both I found out - these will absorb too much water for good cloning. Things went better later than at first after shaking out water, after following the directions. In solo cups with the top half cut down, in an aquarium mostly covered with plastic wrap right under the shoplight-heater.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Some tips I found useful are take snips and leave them in a glass of water over night , this helps alot I've found . also once set in the propagator leave them in low light conditions for first 3-4 days then stick em under a flourecent light till rooted .

Latest posts

Latest posts