What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Charlottes Web strain

Yeh man there is much more now, most strains if you leave till trichs more amber will naturally have a higher CBD. Kushes, Hazes, Guerillas Gold .....etc

Truly is a miracle plant

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yeh man there is much more now, most strains if you leave till trichs more amber will naturally have a higher CBD. Kushes, Hazes, Guerillas Gold .....etc

Truly is a miracle plant

Not true that CBD increases with maturity, in low CBD varieties like Haze. I have plants that produce no CBD, and if you flower them for an extra 4-8 weeks they will still have no CBD. Your advice is just wrong. Do you think some of the THC is being converted to CBD by the plant? That don't happen. But if it did, it would be a miracle.....
-SamS

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ACDC is readily available at Harborside Medical in cali, it has same thc:cbd ratio as R4/CW

Stanley Brothers are hoarding charlottes web and they got their cut from the original breeders at Greenwerkz but they won't admit it. Greenwerkz breeder created R4 and they freely shared it. So spread the word that:

R4 is available from many kind people and dispensaries in Colorado.
ACDC is available from many kind people and dispensaries in California.
Charlottes Web is R4 renamed and not shared by the Stanley Brothers anywhere.

Thanks Mr B, I've got those clones around, good to know. I have many patients that can use those CBD strains at the disp I work at.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor

Truly is a miracle plant

Sam if you let the plant keep growing way past "maturity" (don't harvest when a few trichomes are Amber, let them keep growing until nearly all are Amber) does it test higher in cbN?..... In other words are Amber trichomes an indicator of CBN? I know letting properly cured harvested milky trichome buds exposed to "sun and time" the thc will degrade to CBN bud- but is there a correlation of Amber trichomes to CBN in your GC tests? Thanks.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sun and time after harvest yes.
We tested many varieties that were fresh harvested at early and late harvest and they were little to no CBN, even when stored in the dark just a bit cool, for several years, most of the analysis was THCA, the terpenes were gone, But little THC or CBNA or CBN.
The CBDA and CBD of course did not increase but CBDA is more stable then many of the other Cannabinoids.
I can't help you with amber heads being a sign of much besides a more mature plant maybe grown outdoors?
If I stored heads at room temps for more then a few years they all turn very reddish, and have little smell, and must be high in CBN, but to be honest I never tested them with a GC. I tried them they were horrible, like very very old columbian, flat and dull, just like CBN I have smoked pure.
-SamS

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Sun and time after harvest yes.
We tested many varieties that were fresh harvested at early and late harvest and they were little to no CBN, even when stored in the dark just a bit cool, for several years, most of the analysis was THCA, the terpenes were gone, But little THC or CBNA or CBN.
The CBDA and CBD of course did not increase but CBDA is more stable then many of the other Cannabinoids.
I can't help you with amber heads being a sign of much besides a more mature plant maybe grown outdoors?
If I stored heads at room temps for more then a few years they all turn very reddish, and have little smell, and must be high in CBN, but to be honest I never tested them with a GC. I tried them they were horrible, like very very old columbian, flat and dull, just like CBN I have smoked pure.
-SamS

Thank you.... great info on the CBD and CBDA hardiness... did your studies of smoking pure CBN help with sleep/insomnia? We are Looking for insomnia cure... I hold onto cured buds sometimes for years just to have it and test it without science. And the old buds are great sometimes just different when they are more fresh. Great to us may be different than great to you :) Telling somebody they are smoking on some Sour Diesel from four years ago can play mind games for sure. Especially when that strain is probably leaning to your rks :) At what number of months (of proper storage of zero light and low temp) does the majority of THC/THCA/THCV turn to primarily CBN/CBNA in your studies?

Did you ever study difference between CBN and CBNA?

Another question... at what # of months of curing properly (in dark and low temperatures) did the terpenes start dropping off a cliff? Three months sounds about right to me? Thank you again.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I was not studying CBN I was looking at all the Cannabinoids and how they related to getting high. I do not like old buds, or even fresh buds, I am a resin smoker. And I keep my resin frozen so it does not change/degrade.
I do not know how long it takes, I did not see it with what I tested. But yes it should end up as CBN.
If you measure the terps at harvest, then after a 2 week dry, then after a 3 month cure in a closed box, and then after manicuring the buds, you will find 90% of the terpenes are gone. But it is still great Cannabis. Even after sifting the buds to remove dry sift resin the terpene content in the resin is plenty for what is needed to potentiate THC and create all the different effects we like.
When you dry sift you get resin that is very high in terpenes compared to the same amount of terpenes on the Cannabis in herbal for, so if you have 100 grams of herbal Cannabis the resin and terpenes in the resin is what you want, if the THC is 20% then you have 20 grams of THC in the resin heads if you got them all. The same amount of resin 20 grams, will have X amount of terpenes, be it in the resin only or in resin on the 100 grams of herb. The meaning is that while the ratio of terpenes to Cannabinoids are constant both ways in this case the amount smoked are very different, resin can be 80% THC so you smoke 1/10 a gram in a bong, herb will take a half gram mixed with combustion smoke to consume the same amount of THC+terpenes, so in fact the terpenes are watered down by a scale of 5, the Cannabinoids also.

Resin comes in a handy micro-encapsulated container covered with a natural wax covering, perfect to keep resin and terpenes in prime shape unless fucked with in some way. Dry them good, freeze in zips in the dark, and they keep perfect for a decade easy. If you also did a nitrogen flush to remove oxygen and keep the resin in glass I bet they would keep frozen for decades with little damage.
-SamS

Last edited:

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
I was not studying CBN I was looking at all the Cannabinoids and how they related to getting high. I do not like old buds, or even fresh buds, I am a resin smoker. And I keep my resin frozen so it does not change/degrade.
I do not know how long it takes, I did not see it with what I tested. But yes it should end up as CBN.
If you measure the terps at harvest, then after a 2 week dry, then after a 3 month cure in a closed box, and then after manicuring the buds, you will find 90% of the terpenes are gone. But it is still great Cannabis. Even after sifting the buds to remove dry sift resin the terpene content in the resin is plenty for what is needed to potentiate THC and create all the different effects we like.
Resin comes in a handy micro-encapsulated container covered with a natural wax covering, perfect to keep resin and terpenes in prime shape unless fucked with in some way. Dry them good, freeze in zips in the dark, and they keep perfect for a decade easy. If you also did a nitrogen flush to remove oxygen and keep the resin in glass I bet they would keep frozen for decades with little damage.
-SamS

Cool, thx

frostqueen

Is Charlotte's Web actually just R4 re-named?

Is Charlotte's Web actually just R4 re-named?

Bump. I thought I'd drag this dusty old thread out for any updates from those in the know, if there are any.

I picked up a 'Charlotte's Web' clone from a dispensary here in Portland a few months go. They have had a really good track record so far in offering real-deal genetics, but after reading the Stanley Bros. 'we're not sharing' story and the R4 story... Hmm. At least two different hemp/CBD companies in Oregon offer Charlotte's Web clones... ($4 each, 1000 minimum order!)

So my main question is: did someone manage to get an actual cutting from the Stanley Bros? Or, is CW actually indeed R4 re-named and then hoarded by the SB?

I harvest mine in 4 weeks, so I can get it tested. Just curious. It looks very hempish/sativa, but didn't do any crazy stretching in either veg or flower. It has a really nice flower structure.

frostqueen

Last bump before I move on. Nobody has any more info on the Charlotte's Web/R4 story after 3 years? Sounds like I probably actually have an R4 plant...

thejact55

Where'd you get that clone? Ive mulled going clone hunting in colorado for cbd strains. Portland is much closer, and i have family all over there.

Edit: i reread did you have to buy 1000 clones?!?! Thats probably like 999 more than i find necessary per strain lol.

frostqueen

Where'd you get that clone? Ive mulled going clone hunting in colorado for cbd strains. Portland is much closer, and i have family all over there.

Edit: i reread did you have to buy 1000 clones?!?! Thats probably like 999 more than i find necessary per strain lol.

No, the 1000 clones was from another outfit. I sent them an email asking about the 'authenticity' of their cut, meaning is it a Stanley Bros. cut... and got no response.

Take a look and keep an eye on the menu of Progressive Collective in Portland. The other good clone outfit here is Kind Heart Collective. Both have new types being listed every 3 days or so. I've grabbed AC/DC, Charlotte and CBD Critical Mass from Progressive.

Tobold HB

Take a look and keep an eye on the menu of Progressive Collective in Portland. The other good clone outfit here is Kind Heart Collective. Both have new types being listed every 3 days or so. I've grabbed AC/DC, Charlotte and CBD Critical Mass from Progressive.

Can confirm that Progressive Collection has had legit CW, we have been running it for 3 years now, can test around 20% cbd and under 1% thc, also smells and tastes amazing for cbd strains. Smells like orange peels and a cinnamon/cherry note too, extract tastes amazing also. I would say it's prob not the easiest to grow, not too hard but it has really weak branches, doesn't like being topped, and I personally haven't had it yeild well, although someone I know pulled a 4lb plant of it outdoor a couple years ago so it can be done.

Latest posts

Latest posts