What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

Floridian

Veteran
The thread starter said this isn't allowed to be sold in grow stores.I don't understand why.Could it be they don't want to sell a superior product at 1/6th the price of the popular stuff?I cant believe they are not allowed to sell it.Makes no sense

MrBungle

my 4 ounce container of bionide rooting powder lasts for years.. roots show up when they want, but the key is they always show up..... just never contaminate your container with old powder.. toss what you don't use

packerfan79

Veteran
Mr bungle, I just tried the bonide, and I think we may have a good product. Put 5 cuts as a test into coco.
picture.php

C

cannaisok

have some rooting gel fitoclone analogue clonex, its from russia and pretty cheap. 4gr is about 5dollar but 16gr are like 6dollar 100gr 14dollar and so on, cant say the price for sure i only remember by far cheapst.
never had good cloning success. always 30% survived. now 4 gsc cuttings in jiffy pads and after 4-5days!!! i see roots outside the jiffies. outside all of them. and roots on some flowering clones that already had slightly moldy stems after 2-3weeks without a sindle little root, then i cut the rotten tip away and dip them in this gel and they throw roots after 9-10days!(budrot at that time, thats why i couldnt reveg them :) )

edit: its on eybay

packerfan79

Veteran
Canna,I used jiffy pellets and lost 35 seedlings. I think they hold to much water, and not enough air. This is why I feel coco is better suited for this. Coco has a great air to water ratio even when fully wet there is ample air. But hey, if it works for you more power to you. I have a couple pictures of the first 2 to root.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Canna,I used jiffy pellets and lost 35 seedlings. I think they hold to much water, and not enough air. This is why I feel coco is better suited for this. Coco has a great air to water ratio even when fully wet there is ample air. But hey, if it works for you more power to you. I have a couple pictures of the first 2 to root. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69265&pictureid=1648446&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69265&pictureid=1648446&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69265&pictureid=1648442&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

i hear ya there buddy....peat pellets or die,on this end,..soak mega good,squeeze them out,poke hole,add root hormone....BOO YAH!!
picture.php
picture.php

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Well that was meant to be for clones...
as far as seeds....paper towel,decent size tap root,straight into soil...all is good... :biggrin:

Floridian

Veteran
That's true,it says right on the bottle this product is for stoner chimpazees only, not stoner humans.On a serious note,the butric acid indole 3 or whatever really is by far the best stuff I've ever used for rooting clones.Not only do you get 100% every time the roots just explode everywhere,nothing like clonex rootone or Olivias.Its really hard not to get them to root,seriously

C

cannaisok

Canna,I used jiffy pellets and lost 35 seedlings. I think they hold to much water, and not enough air. This is why I feel coco is better suited for this. Coco has a great air to water ratio even when fully wet there is ample air. But hey, if it works for you more power to you. I have a couple pictures of the first 2 to root. View Image View Image View Image

my jiffys used to be filled with peat moss for years but last two years its straight cocos pressed pellets. youre absolutely right, cocos=better air and water propperties ant super easy to transplant.
cocos cloning rulez!
but straight watercup method is working too, way slower but even more effective than cocos in my holy opinion.
put thick layer clonegel around the stem and place in a watercup. very low light any you have roots after 3-4weeks 99%sure.

seedling is different, always soak them in RO water for 12-24h and when i see than the shell is broken i put them into juffy. if not opened after 12-24h i use papertowel method and plant into jiffy as soon as opened.
but always use jiffy as Pot v.0.5 first 7days

Last edited:

watts

ohms
Veteran
I use the Bontone powder with good results the past couple of years. The label says 0.10% Indole-3-butyric acid.

91Wc8UyTPGL._SL1500_.jpg

AeroKush102

I usually take a spoonful of Azos and add a tad bit of water, mix to a fine paste and use it like it a root gel, if I can't find that then I use CLONEX, but AZOs is the key. My last clones made it in 5 days on Azos, 10-11 days CLONEX.

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks for starting this thread, I did a test run of 5 babies so far 4 of 5 rooted in 10 days this will definitely come in handy, with the stadium I am building.