What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1/2 HP Water Chiller

Funkyskunk

so, you are the one that outbid me on that RO/DI unit, damn. LOL

i would say that is a decent chiller to go with. even comes with a digital controller!

i am still trying to get a good deal on that RO/DI unit. wont pay over $50, so i'm gonna have to snipe that shit up.

late

Fs

Ghost

chiller...

chiller...

I'm currently building my own chiller. The one you show is $800 for 6,000 BTU, .5hp. The one I am building will be almost 18,000 BTU, 1.5hp and it should cost me less than $300 total. When it's done I will post it here, in this forum.

regards,

Ghost

Ganistanman

I have a smaller Pacific Coast (CL-280) Chiller. I love it! It's very quiet and handles 40 gallons of nute solution pretty easily, always keeping it at the set temperature. I keep it between 68-72, this way its not going constantly. Without it, I would be looking at 80+ temps and 85+ by summer. Also, 1000 watt HPS in room, (3) 300 gph submersible water pumps in the reservoir. All in all, a great buy for $ 299.99 at Premium Aquatics, I think. It was the last of the 2003 models and they needed room for the new ones. Regularly, the PC (CL-280) is $ 350-450, depending where you purchase it. The salesman reccomended this over the rest. Of course, there are top of the line models from several companies that exceed $700 for close to the same chiller. There are better chillers on the market, if you want to pay much more. I am happy with my Pacific Coast and they are great with any problems, or at least that is why they were reccomended, in the end. One last thing, I would not advise using a thermo -electric models as they really aren't that powerful when there are lights in the room, unless your talking about a very small reservoir (5-10 gallons). Anyway, Good luck!

Nitrous & Ganistaman...

Looks like those both are using Peltier element -technology for cooling....

Nitrous,
the micro you're using... it takes some space around the unit itself to handle the heat it produces... well.... this is a common thing in any way of cooling... but I'm interested if this kinda unit could be used in a closet... as I'm still kickin my closet... :rolleyes:

FunkySkunk,
well... I wish ya luck... the components one should use... are always expensive...

The cheapest way to build a cooler would probably be to take old second hand fridge... and pull everything you need from it...

I haven't solved my cooling method yet either... mostly because It'd fit in a very small place... like my closet...

Last edited:
Here she is. . .

works BITCHEN. . ..

WITH a DIGITAL control - it tells me the CURRENT temp of the water and the GOAL temp.

It is plumbed with 3/4" pipe through the wall of my growroom so that it does not add heat to the room itself.

COOL - literally!

1026Chill.jpg

~ SYK ~

Latest posts

Latest posts