What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C46 passes senate... any no one says fuck all about it

Easy7

Veteran
Sounds harsh. I thought just south of Canada, 15ng/ml was rough.

There is no scientific standard for cannabis impairment. I've driven tens of thousands of miles while smoking and high. Not one wreck. Worst thing is some guy who's sober and getting head, or jerking off on his Iphone, could run into you.

Gmack

Lawyers will cost more than paying the fine :(

It's not about paying the fine. It's about changing the bullshit law. It's not based on anything. There's no correlation between blood thc levels and impairment. One person could be impaired at 5 nanograms and another could have 500 and pass every feild sobriety test. It's not a if the law will be found unconstitutional it's a when.

JRace

As of 10 min ago it received royal assent along with c45. 2-5 nano grams is a summary conviction with a $1000 fine. 5 nanograms or more is $1000 fine for first offence. 30 days in jail for second. 120 day for subsequent offenses. Sounds like real freedom eh.
https://ipolitics.ca/2018/06/20/sen...controversial-mandatory-screening-provisions/

I agree that they have no idea how to determine impairment with cannabis, but before the law it was illegal to posses as well as drive while impaired.

At least you will be able to legally possess and consume after Oct.

It is not like you could drive while stoned without repercussions before.

Gmack

I agree that they have no idea how to determine impairment with cannabis, but before the law it was illegal to posses as well as drive while impaired.

At least you will be able to legally possess and consume after Oct.

It is not like you could drive while stoned without repercussions before.

You're assuming that driving stoned means you're driving impaired. It really doesn't mean that. You can be stoned and perfectly safe to drive. Thousands of Canadians do so daily. People with little experience are dangerous to drive stoned. Experienced users are often safer drivers when high. Setting arbitrary thc limits serve no benifits to society. You're not taking unsafe drivers off the road. The old standard of roadside feild sobriety testing was a better way of determining impairment. Being able to legally possess and consume means nothing if your instantly a criminal if you drive. I quit smoking for 33 days and had 16 nanograms in my system when I took the pre employment drug test. Please explain how after 33 days how I'm 8 times the legal limit to drive?there no impairment at all. Yet I'd still be changed and convicted now. It makes no sense and will be constitutionally challenged but before theat thousands of Canadians will be found guilty and have criminal records because of this retarded law not based on any science.

troutman

Seed Whore
If you're driving like an idiot you deserve to be pulled over and I have no issue with that

My concern is that the police will start a targeting certain people.

For example:

Anyone who has a registered grow now or even applied to get one will probably be looked at closer.

Gmack

Everyone getting pulled over will be getting tested. The reasonable cause they need to administer the saliva test is so low red eyes will be used every time to justify it.

redlaser

Veteran
Anyone with a criminal record that shows up when they run your drivers licence
will be probably harassed 1000X more than say a doctor or lawyer.

Here watch this video.

How To Survive A Traffic Stop "I Don't Answer Questions"

Interesting video, cops always get pissy when they don’t feel they are in charge of the situation.

Couple lawyers in LA have a script they tell people to remember, it’s got one U.S. specific part but otherwise could be used elsewhere I think.

Script:

Why did you pull me over?

I’m not discussing my day.

Am I free to go or am I being detained?

If being detained, invoke the fifth, and shut the fuck up.

Invoking the fifth is a U.S. thing you can do saying you don’t want to do anything to self incriminate yourself. Could leave that part out elsewhere.

Sticking to the script is important.

Gmack

Ya we don't have the fifth amendment but we do have the right to be silent and not answer questions. Although the cops up here do not need to stop questioning you if you request a lawyer. Also we don't have the right to refuse dui testing. If we do refuse it's a automatic conviction when you go to court. The script is pretty much the same.

redlaser

Veteran
Interesting they can still question you, guess it doesn’t matter if you aren’t talking.

Most states don’t let you refuse dui testing as far I know, California is the only one I’ve heard of.
The script is straight to the point, makes them state a reason for pulling you over. The lawyers that push it hard are at pot_doctors_at_law on Instagram

Sucks with the low nanogram testing, realistically that would have to be in the 100’s to work but even then it’s not an indicator of impairment, the supposed problem being addressed,

Seems like someone will have to be charged before they can challenge it in court, if they can finance that project.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Anyone who has a registered grow now or even applied to get one will probably be looked at closer.

Nope, those are health records... essentially sealed to the police or external inquiry. HC is mandated by Canadian privacy law to protect those records.

Gmack

Chimera isn't a gule eater. What he said is true. There is no police accessible database of medical marijuana patients. If they need to find out if someone is licensed or no they have a 1800 number they must call and ask a hc employee to look it up. Not like they just ouch your info into police computer and boom the screen flashes green and bells go off lol

Gmack

Ya chimera must be some nube who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.... sarcastic rant offf... sorry trout you yourself just posting the info that cops do not have direct access to a data base of medical cannabis patients. They have to contact hc if they want that info. Yes it is shared without a warrant. None is needed. Cops will only call if the citizen they are dealing with claims to be a medical patient. The long and short of it now is it doesn't fucknig matter if your medical or not if you have more then 2ng thc In Your blood you're a fucking criminal In The eyes of the law