What's new

Tent ?no tent?

Im'One

I'm thinking of expanding my grow. I have an used room in a separate building. It has no Windows and is insulated. I originally thought I'm
Covering the walls with polycarbor fiberglass panels. Putting up a wall and installing a vent fan and heat and air.
I was tempted to buy a large tent and just install it in that room. Iknow it would ease things for light leaks, humidity control etc.
Any thoughts?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am doing a tent, well two right next to each other. How much footprint are you thinking? I did 2 because of the light cycles. You can filter the incoming air if that is a concern.

Im'One

Ten foot by five or six. I could make the room even bigger tho..it's approximately fourteen by nine

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Then you need to consider access to the plants and things inside. I will only be able to use the front door of my tents, so 4' deep is as big as I wanted. When you consider the whole tent as a system, a 4 x 4 is about optimum if you have the room. If you have the height available, the 8' tent will allow a plant height one foot higher than a 7' tent. My 2ea 4 x 4 seem like enough for one guy. One will be dedicated to flowering 4 at a time.

My tents are in a room of my house, so I am venting them to outside. I'm using a 8" wall fan that exhausts 6" fans from each tent, merged together in a 6-6-8 wye. As soon as the wiring guy does his thing and I can put these up, I'll show pics.

You re going to want a work table, and a cabinet for nutes and equipment. Water reservoir, waste water container, humidifier / heater - all take space.

GanjaMisfit

If you have access to a whole dedicated room I'd skip the tent and put that money into the room. The more space the better for so many reasons. You will be glad you did

Latest posts

Latest posts