What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you use drip clean or h2o2 in your reservoir?

The123321

I am new to growing. I am looking at doing 2-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots in autopots with the gh main 3 liquid nutrients with calmag with silicon on there.

Do you use anything like drip clean or h2o2 in your reservoir? I would rather use h2o2 but I read that drip clean helps to remove extra salts in the pot and with the autopots you like do not water to runoff like with regular pots with coco coir on there.

Do any of you use both of those or alternate between drip clean or h2o2 on there?

The123321

Thanks. Does anyone know the difference between drip clean and hydroguard? The coco for cannabis website recommends hydroguard but from what I have read it does not keep the lines clean like drip clean does. I would rather do h2o2 but would the h2o2 keep the tube clean and help keep it from clogging on there?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Be sure to use a filter. You need one on the delivery hose, and ideally one on your mixing pump to.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've run drip systems off and on for years now, and have never had clogging issues with open lines. Granted, I use a higher transpiration rate and lower nutrient strength than most so clog potential is greatly reduced. :)

My goals are to keep the system in a state where you don't need h202. I start with clean water and keep temps/light/etc in check to prevent issues in the first place. :)

I'm a big fan of only putting things in the nutrient solution which cannabis can use to make cannabis, so until I know more about how cannabis treats drip-clean I have no comment.

touringfunkband

I hand water 3 gallon smart pots of coco using canna a + b. I used drip clean for years until Krunchbubble told me that at my ppm's I'm running there isn't enough salt build up enough to warrant it. I dropped it and saw no sign of issues. Been running Canna without it, problem free now for years..

The123321

Thanks. The autopots system uses 1/4" tubing and I am looking at the gh main 3 liquid nutrients with the cal mag with the silicon on there. I may try the h2o2 then replace the tubing every 3 months or so in the tent on there.

Esme

Thanks. The autopots system uses 1/4" tubing and I am looking at the gh main 3 liquid nutrients with the cal mag with the silicon on there. I may try the h2o2 then replace the tubing every 3 months or so in the tent on there.

Are you in the UK?

Autopot with drip clean and I've had no problems I was replacing the lines every grow cost nothing to replace really.

Bare in mind Autopot is about to release a new improved vale it's bigger tube than the 4mm, Look's good and they say you could run organics but we will see, Alien easy feed system is another wouldn't really run any drip clean stuff in there.

The123321

Thanks. I am not in the UK. I like the idea of the sterile environment. It may be germaphobe but I do not know if I want to breed bacteria in the tent with the tent near where I sleep in the room. That may be silly but I may try the h2o2 then replace the tubing every few months though the drip clean does look like it may be a better way to do it on there.

Esme

Thanks. I am not in the UK. I like the idea of the sterile environment. It may be germaphobe but I do not know if I want to breed bacteria in the tent with the tent near where I sleep in the room. That may be silly but I may try the h2o2 then replace the tubing every few months though the drip clean does look like it may be a better way to do it on there.

H2o2 only last a few days in a tank mind, I would go for drip clean myself.

If you do go with H2o2 make sure you just buy hydrogen peroxide i wouldn't even buy it from a hydroponics store mate they will charge double the price best bit is to look online for a store.

1ML to a Litre if it's around 12/17%

The123321

Thanks. I think I may read up more on the benefits of using the beneficial bacteria like drip clean then decide if I want to use it or the h2o2 on there.

mowood3479

Veteran
I don’t use either.. I haven’t needed to change my drip lines in a year or two.
1/2” manifold tubing to open ended 1/4” leads
Gh mixes real nice good choice... 6/9 is tried and true coco fert, I’ve been running that mix for years

The123321

Thanks. Do you run the 6/9 heads formula for the whole grow? I was looking at the heads formula as I wanted to do 1 reservoir to feed plants that were planted at different times but a lot of people told me you cannot use the same nutrient level for plants that were planted at different times on there.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have ran 5mm line with drip stakes for 10 years consecutively, and that would of been made with used parts, that have since moved elsewhere. There is no 'best before' date and I don't use anything. Except a filter, obviously. The only blocked line I ever had was full of dough because of yeast based co2 generation. Emptied them and carried on.

Please don't chuck away perfectly good plastic items.

Can anyone see a picture here of a blocked emitter ? There must be an underlying problem to fix

The123321

Thanks. If I remove the 1/4" tubing from the autopots to clean it is there something I could soak them in in a bucket for a few hours that would clean the tubing like rubbing alcohol or h2o2 and water on there?

The123321

I would like to do a sterile growing environment but I also want to keep the tubing free of clogs on there. I have been told by a few people that you cannot use h2o2 with drip clean due to the peroxide would get rid of beneficial bacteria though it looks like the drip clean does not have bacteria and instead would work with the peroxide. I talked to people at house and garden and they said that you can use h2o2 with drip clean. They said you do not need to use both that the drip clean would keep the reservoir and tubing free of clogs though if you want to the peroxide would not keep the drip clean from working on there.

Do you think it would be ok to use both h2o2 and drip clean on there?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm puzzled by drip clean talk. I thought it was a surfactant not a bio thing.

Any system that needs a clean, I run the Oxy through. With some in a spray bottle for above the water line. Where sediment can build in return lines, I hoover them.

If I really wanted to shift some calcification from emitters then maybe I would take them off and drop them in brick acid. I have never had the need though.

Tony21

Attach a syringe to the tubing, gives it a blast, both air and water works a charm and quick too. Repeat every now and then.

When I ran autopots some time ago, drip clean did exactly nothing as far as I could tell, hence the syringe, but maybe they've improved on the formulation.

The123321

Thanks. I think I was wrong about drip clean having the bacteria in it on there then the h2o2 would likely be ok to use with the drip clean in the reservoir on there.