What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't wait till my place looks like yours =) friggin awesome. I figure in next few weeks I'll have it down and be comfortable enough to flip. Awesome rooms man so excited to be in coco again. Seeing your rooms is inspirational despite the learning curve.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Some good info in here. Can’t wait to see what you have planned for the fall. Looking back I have had a bunch of runs I should have given the flat top. Good growing!

watts

ohms
Veteran
could try this:
75-79 temps during lights on. 70-75 lights off. C02 controller on at 900ppm and off at 1100ppm. Reduce c02 levels to 400 the last 2 weeks of bloom. Also, reduce temps to 70-75 when you reduce c02 near the end for optimal results.

Lyfespan

Last run didn’t have my burner installed until week 3 of flower. I ran it around 1000 ppm for the last 6 weeks. The plants only double in size during stretch but had great buds and great yields.
This run it got 1300-1400 ppm from the start of bloom. Shits alittle outta control. And my room is getting alittle warmer then I’d like. I’m gonna rock with 900-1000 and see how that does from start to finish. Sorry I don’t have a definitive schedule guys.

Glad your liking the thread!!late summer/ early fall I ll be part of something far bigger and better with lots to share.

I’m loving mine too. At least with the ro you know for a fact it’s not your water. Sometimes you have to know what’s right for sure before you can figure out the problem.
For defoliation I’m nailing them around day 21 and again day 42. Pulling most large fans and anything blocking light or airflow.
Use caution until you know how your strain responds.
Thanks for all suggestions for gnats. I’m thinking about the gnatrol. I’ve used it occasionally in the past but not consistent enough. I won’t dare put that in my rez, I’ll get a barrel or tote with a pump and wand. I hate gnats!!!
A couple pics after busting out the trimmers. Flat topped em!!
View Image

View Image

:dance013: nice canopy control :woohoo: its such a beautiful thing

ChiGuy23

Awesome thread man. Love the raised drainage you built. Would have loved to watch you with those hedge trimmers chopping those monsters! I have a question about the Netafim drippers. I can only find .5gph sets with the plug, line, and stake. Where did you get the 3.2gph sets at? Also, what size is the black poly tubing that you have them plugged in to? Good luck with everything man and look forward to seeing more of your rooms.

eric2028

Veteran
Thanks guys!!

could try this:
75-79 temps during lights on. 70-75 lights off. C02 controller on at 900ppm and off at 1100ppm. Reduce c02 levels to 400 the last 2 weeks of bloom. Also, reduce temps to 70-75 when you reduce c02 near the end for optimal results.
I may NEED to do this. Makes perfect sense considering lower co2 also lowers my humidity and temps.

Awesome thread man. Love the raised drainage you built. Would have loved to watch you with those hedge trimmers chopping those monsters! I have a question about the Netafim drippers. I can only find .5gph sets with the plug, line, and stake. Where did you get the 3.2gph sets at? Also, what size is the black poly tubing that you have them plugged in to? Good luck with everything man and look forward to seeing more of your rooms.
Thanks. I bought my stuff separately and assembled myself. My thumbs still hurt lol. I bought 1000’ of netafim spaghetti line for $45. Then the black hose is 3/4” toro blue stripe hose (off Amazon). Drippers I ordered from berry hill irrigation supply. About $.35 each. Mainline feeding each room is 1” Pvc. Hope this helps ✌️

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hey eric2028, got a question for ya.

So do you run anything in your reservoir to mix it or airate it? I have run pumps in the past once with constant stream running back into the res like a water fall, once on a timer on for 15 minutes every hour like a water fall, and most recently I just stuck a small pump in the bottom that came on for 15 minutes every 2 hours just to mix the nute water. Haven't noticed any differences really except the last run PH was alot more stable and easy to control. So what say you, please and thanks for the response :tiphat:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I am about to put a pump in the rez to move things around everyonce in awhile. I noticed during all this testing mixing definitely brings nutes to top and also changes ph of mix if it has sat for a bit. I don't want to aerate though just circulate. Aeration = ph fluctuations up.

Also something made me think last night and question some things bit. Bacteria = rise in ph. Wonder if all these Ben bacteria like hydroguard and BTI are causing ph to raise in medium over time? Or is kept steady in bigger plants that can take daily feedings.

eric2028

Veteran
Hey eric2028, got a question for ya.

So do you run anything in your reservoir to mix it or airate it? I have run pumps in the past once with constant stream running back into the res like a water fall, once on a timer on for 15 minutes every hour like a water fall, and most recently I just stuck a small pump in the bottom that came on for 15 minutes every 2 hours just to mix the nute water. Haven't noticed any differences really except the last run PH was alot more stable and easy to control. So what say you, please and thanks for the response :tiphat:
I use 2 large airstones per Rez. Their powered by a single air force brand pump. I think it’s the 80 model. It keeps things moving very well. The jacks is super stable stuff. I don’t ever put bti or anything else Bennie wise in the Rez tho. That’s always a mess. I water that stuff by hand or wand, or introduce that into my system after the Rez via suction from the pump.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Megacrop has my veg looking fuckin awesome. 3 plants of 40 plants look off on this mix. Was doing 4g gallon 1 mg of Epsom when I switched from Jack's. That 1 mg extra a gallon seems to have been the problem with the 3 that are strong og leaning plants. Made leaf edges curl on them upward and in a lot and the leaf tips started to yellow. This to me is over fert in coco. Backed off and they are recovering.

Retard proof nutes if you ask me. Going to use it going into flower I think until I get Jack's figured out in veg. Just can't get seedlings right with it or middle to late veg. I will work on it in my veg room as I flower. I just really like how Jack's dissolves and is so clean in the water. Megacrop worries me when it comes to my big reservoirs because of the kelp and sugars. Damn my plants look good though...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I just wanted to confirm that beastly root cloner mix is with liquid hormex b1. I run megacrop throughout, 600 ppm in veg and 900-1000 in flower, and it’s been good to me. It is dirty and for that reason I am going to give jacks another go once it cools off. The megacrop has produced some big fragrant flowers but I have to clean the filters often.

eric2028

Veteran
I just wanted to confirm that beastly root cloner mix is with liquid hormex b1. I run megacrop throughout, 600 ppm in veg and 900-1000 in flower, and it’s been good to me. It is dirty and for that reason I am going to give jacks another go once it cools off. The megacrop has produced some big fragrant flowers but I have to clean the filters often.
Yep that’s the stuff. Sounds like that megacrop ain’t half bad.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Do you use good filter bags? My stuff looks so awesome I am tempted to throw it in some filter bags in some cheesecloth or pantyhose and let it rock. Particles are minimal but they are definitely there. I will also be using hypogrow from the makers of blumats to keep lines clean and combat pyth etc.

Probably my last post here for awhile. Thanks to the great group of growers in this thread. Will try to tune in when possible. Huge run about to start with all new shit so I will probably be living in my grow facility lol =/

Do you use good filter bags? My stuff looks so awesome I am tempted to throw it in some filter bags in some cheesecloth or pantyhose and let it rock. Particles are minimal but they are definitely there. I will also be using hypogrow from the makers of blumats to keep lines clean and combat pyth etc.

Probably my last post here for awhile. Thanks to the great group of growers in this thread. Will try to tune in when possible. Huge run about to start with all new shit so I will probably be living in my grow facility lol =/

Hey 40, been running Blumats for a couple months now with a 60gal res, 1/4hp chiller and the pressurized pump system for the Blumats that I pieced together myself. Running the entire Canna line in the res with a 50mesh filter before the pump and a 150mesh filter right before the pressure reducer. They are both uglay by this point, I won’t be cleaning until end of run unless something goes arye. I run drip clean but have still have a few of the 3mm lines clog up on me, I remedied this by rolling them around while pinching them and flushing them out. I did not put a return line on my drip loop and wishing I would have for several reasons. I have accidentally let the res run dry several times and the pump loads the lines up with air. It’s not real easy to get all the air out without a true return line back to the res. You can do it by breaking the line somewhere in the loop, but it gets messy and it’s not something you want to get in a routine with. A simple line back to a 8mm shut off at the res would suffice. Secondly, upon flushing my lines one time I was cleaning them out recently I noticed one side of the loop’s water was much warmer. I attribute it this to the lack of flow and being air locked, but theoretically if your Blumats aren’t pulling the water through the line quick enough and you’re running a warm room, that water could warm up quick, which is when the nasties start building up. I’m attributing the warmth to the airlock and lack of flow, but I’m thinking it wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep the return line to the res open just very slightly to keep a good flow of water through the drip loop and keep the water temp in check. I have my chiller set to 61 for now, the plants seem to like it. My thought is with how slow the water gets to the root zone with the Blumats, I am counteracting the effect of the warm ambient temp they’re sitting in all day and bringing them to an acceptable range. No real proof it’s working, other than everything looks reallllyyy good right now :). The res was exposed to a little bit of day light for the first month of its life also. I believe this aided to the gunky stuff in the filters and lines. It has been protected from any and all day light for a while now, make sure yours is too, and the more filtration the better.

I’ve also looked into that Hypogrow product, and it’s made by another company who makes a lot of different water treatment chemicals, if you look hard enough you’ll find their website, can’t buy it off there though. Im thinking this is my next step. Considered bleach but don’t want to kill any beneficials. I am very curious to hear how Hypogrow works for you.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I pump through 120 mesh inline filters out of 6 reservoirs at home and use dosatrons with filters before and after at another spot and for a large outdoor. All megacrop, cleaning filters weekly. If you are redoing things I recommend ditching the Blumats. I ran them for a couple years but open 3/16 or 1/4” lines are the way. This setup with a mainline and drip emitters like Eric is showing in this thread is what you want if you have a lot of sites. If it’s less than 20 plants per 50 gal res just do a 1/2” loop with 2-3 1/8 or 3/16 tees per plant.

Snydgrow

Hi Eric

Just got through your journal your rooms are killer like the way you built the drainage system instead of having tables gives you more room height ways. This has made me want to go back to my coco dtw setup after this run :) keep up the good work.

Snydgrow

eric2028

Veteran
Hi Eric

Just got through your journal your rooms are killer like the way you built the drainage system instead of having tables gives you more room height ways. This has made me want to go back to my coco dtw setup after this run :) keep up the good work.

Snydgrow

Glad you liked it!! I’m in love with the coco.

I’m thinking of building a trellace structure. What are all you old pros doing? I’m thinking a 2 tier system about 18”s apart. Instead of legs I ll rope ratchet to the ceiling. I’m gonna use 3/4” pvc. I gotta get that canopy height controlled or I’m gonna sacrifice yields. Also, I have a before and after pic of my defoliation this week. It’s kinda lame but I don’t have anything new sorry!
picture.php

picture.php

Might want to consider larger than 3/4; at least 1”, preferably 1.25” for that large of screens. That stuff gets awful flexible with long runs of small diameter pipe and becomes more of a PITA than anything.

Diggin it! :tiphat:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have 5x10x3/4 pvc frames with trellis net zip tied tight and hung from the corners on ratchet straps. Nice since you can raise them for harvest. I hope to never do a double trellis again. Another room I have the net hooked to the wall and the aisle has buckets of concrete with a vertical metal pipe sticking up 6 foot. You can pull the net up the pipe to adjust the height and also slide the buckets to make the net tighter.

Lyfespan

Glad you liked it!! I’m in love with the coco.

I’m thinking of building a trellace structure. What are all you old pros doing? I’m thinking a 2 tier system about 18”s apart. Instead of legs I ll rope ratchet to the ceiling. I’m gonna use 3/4” pvc. I gotta get that canopy height controlled or I’m gonna sacrifice yields. Also, I have a before and after pic of my defoliation this week. It’s kinda lame but I don’t have anything new sorry!
View Image
View Image

fuck 3/4 pvc for trellis, its way over kill, you can also forget the 18" its too far apart we use 12" here, some strains may need a third layer.

my trellis is free standing, meaning its in my trays not fastened to shit.

these will be very important
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Way-1-2-in-Tee-PVC-Fitting-Elbow-Build-Heavy-Duty-PVC-Furniture-PVC-Half/333263667077?hash=item4d980fff85:g:wYIAAOSwm2NdJtrk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Way-1-2-inch-Tee-PVC-Fitting-Elbow-Build-PVC-Furniture-12-pack/333167693669?hash=item4d92578f65:g:ppMAAOSwdOdch0d8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PVC-Furniture-Grade-Cross-1-1-2-Inch-FITS-1-9-INCH-PIPE/222417349970?hash=item33c91b6d52:g:AagAAOSw81dZuwgs:sc:USPSFirstClass!92324!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-Inch-PVC-5-Way-X-Pipe-Fitting-Furniture-Grade-FITS-0-84-INCH-PIPE/323825747415?hash=item4b6584c5d7:g:QvwAAOSw2Mxc9q8P:sc:USPSFirstClass!92324!US!-1

i think i got mine from one vendor off amazon, but i know you will need a UK source

almost forgot the trellis https://www.ebay.com/itm/TENAX-2A150029-Hortonova-SM-Trellis-48-x-250-ft-White/273915009281?epid=0&hash=item3fc69b5901:g:JbwAAOSwPqFdHQOK

almost forgot you are in short room, save yourself the PVC trouble and use load lockers from floor to ceiling, check out Treetroit_city on IG he uses the setup and its cheap fast and easy

https://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Stabilizer-Bar-Adjustable-Ratcheting/dp/B00XQFAN1W/ref=sr_1_24?crid=29FIJDQGMLL94&keywords=load+bars+for+pickup+trucks&qid=1563740859&s=gateway&sprefix=truck+bar+load+%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-24

Latest posts

Latest posts