What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Tent on the Market

onavelzy

Veteran
I'm trying to expand right now with a tent.

Was thinking of getting two 3x3's for some monocropping :D

But maybe 1 big gorrilla is worth it :D

330$ for 3x3 gorilla - 400$ for 5x5... I have the space - what ta dooooo!!!!

this one is easy. you're thinking of getting two 3x3's, at $330 each. That's $660 for 18 square feet of grow space, although they are two separate spaces.

If you're agreeable to spending $660 dollars, why not get a 4x8? You'd be getting 32 sq feet of growing space, almost double what you'd be paying for with the 3x3's, for the same price.

Or even better, spend another $30 and get the 5x9, 45sq ft. that would be the same growing space as five of your 3x3's for what you would spend to buy two of them

far better values if you're looking to get the most out of your tent mnoey.

Pbud

Thanks all. I ended up getting a secret jardin. Some light leaks around zipper but other than that I'm pleased with it! Thanks again

T

ThcGrower4life

good choice i went through 3 deliverys of greenrooms everyone was pure cheap made holes every where i ended up with a sj dr120 it has holes in it like a t bag i think the hydro shop i got it from are dodgey i also asked for the secret jardin rev 2.5 edition and got the old model in the box i phoned the shop and emailed the shop pics they said not there fault and they would forward pics of holes in the tent to secret jardin am still waiting for a reply

Last edited:

xoch

I don't know much about tents.getting a
cheap one off eBay.will just modify it to
What afoaf likes.the tent is 6'8"height.afoaf wants
to put 4x4 flood table in there.can he just
Put the table on the floor ,throw some smart
Pots in it ?with no drain .the plants would
Suck the runoff up until next watering.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been using Secret Jardin tents for a good 10 years now. Never had any issues after the 1st units where redone with better zippers. I dont have 8' to put my tent in the screen room has a drop ceiling 7'5" is the max. I have a SJ PRO 150 and a SJ 60 no light leaks. I would recommend putting down a piece of plywood or MDF. The spill liner will eventually ware out form sliding plants around. the MDF is easy to replace as needed. It has all metal poles. Don't get these wet they will rust. When I assembled mine I put the spill liner on the top of the poles so they don't accidentally get wet. Over all the 2 I have use Hombox and SJ pro. I like the SJ pro best.

I have been using Secret Jardin tents for a good 10 years now. Never had any issues after the 1st units where redone with better zippers. I dont have 8' to put my tent in the screen room has a drop ceiling 7'5" is the max. I have a SJ PRO 150 and a SJ 60 no light leaks. I would recommend putting down a piece of plywood or MDF. The spill liner will eventually ware out form sliding plants around. the MDF is easy to replace as needed. It has all metal poles. Don't get these wet they will rust. When I assembled mine I put the spill liner on the top of the poles so they don't accidentally get wet. Over all the 2 I have use Hombox and SJ pro. I like the SJ pro best.

What do you do for light traps on the intakes? Pics? :)

I'll admit I haven't used any of these pricier grow tents.

I'm VERY happy with the Aviditi grow tents on Amazon. Supports my air cooled lights and a carbon filter just fine. No light leaks. Heavy Duty zipper. Took me maybe a half hour to put up. If you're an Amazon Prime member they're about $100 shipped for the 4' x4', $150 for 5'x5'.

I have two 4x4 tents running now and two 5x5 tents ready to rock for when I expand. I haven't had to modify or cover any holes or anything.

Last edited:

bmp420gti

Gorillas are undoubtedly the strongest and best tents around but theyre so pricey. Apollo makes really good tents for very little money, they have a ton of bigass ports all over and are pretty high quality with nice zippers. I also have a Quictent but it just feels all around cheaper and the zippers get stuck sometimes.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the bradn new home box evolution, but this is a step backwards in terms of evolution...
The zips are no where near lightproof... Other than that the tent is great.
... Thought a company specializing in tents would have their sgit together and know that this is the most imnportant thing in tents...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been searching for a tent to replace my DIY wooden frame kit. This is a dark room so light tight is not an issue, which IMO it's not anyway, unless needed for stealth.

I mean, outdoors, mj faces ~ 20 days/ month of fairly significant moon light

Anyway....

I am anticipating doing a side-by side BML SPYDR 600 (maybe in enclosed tent results will be even better IDK) vs a new comer 260w led panel, but designed and manufactured by an mj grower, who claims better umols than my 600, and he's sending me the light to report on

So I figure 2 - tents to separate each 100%, but both will be fed from same rez

A bad experience (several actually) with the plastic hangers that came with my tent from LEDWholesalers has turned me off to any tent that has that type. even the replacements broke twice and crashed into my plants

Price is another concern. Ordered this from Amazon today (need that much height!) for < $100, including free shipping :biggrin:

MILLIARD 36"x36"x73" Mylar...".
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ETBE00M/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

Chappi

So what’s a good tent these days? I’m looking to retire my 2x4 and get something like a 4x4 or a 5x5 anyone have any suggestions?

G

I have both Green Architecture & Viparspectra tents. I am impressed with the quality and would get both again.
I never liked the way Gorilla tents did their main door; always had to enter thru the backdoor lol.

Chappi

I’m looking at the secret jardin but it seems most tents are pretty legit nowadays. Doesn’t seem like tents twice the price are necessarily twice as good. Def not gorilla, that shit is OVERPRICED

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I have 2 Secrete Jardin 4x4 tents and the larger vent ports are nice as is the posts and net it comes with. The posts for the net help with neg pressure shrinking the size of the tent.

Gorilla's look great but that price tag.....

ridoo

hi, is there tents which DON'T use scratch and big zippers ?

I hate those noisy things...

Chappi

I have 2 Secrete Jardin 4x4 tents and the larger vent ports are nice as is the posts and net it comes with. The posts for the net help with neg pressure shrinking the size of the tent.

Gorilla's look great but that price tag.....

Posts for the net eh? I’ve been thinking something needs to be invented to help with that negative pressure lol

Good to know.

Ridoo

What do you mean by scratch? Also I dont see how they can get away without using zippers :dunno: