What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black/square 5 gallon buckets (not totes) @ Lowes.. score!

Drop That Sound

Just came across these bad boys. Can't find any info online, but sure hope they stick around so I can buy all the stock for future projects.

Commander XL 5 gallon buckets, looking perfect for RDWC systems, at a price you can't beat.. 5.99! They seem to be very high quality, only con I can see so far is the yellow lid isn't light proof, no big deal. ;)

Paired with my homemade PVC electrical conduit fitting bulkheads (a male and female x 2 for each bucket), and a single .40 cent silicone washer, im looking at roughly $10-12 per complete bucket. Thats less than any other bucket online with outrageous shipping.. and doesn't even include the 2 bulkheads.

I had been hoping to find a local source for square pails for years!

Attachments

• IMG_5547.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5548.jpg
    IMG_5548.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5549.jpg
    IMG_5549.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5550.jpg
    IMG_5550.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32

digging

That would be very nice if hey come out with 10-15 gallon square sizes like the one you posted pictures of :)

thailer

i bought that brand but its a 27 gallon tote and drilled bulkheads. its great structurally and doesn't bow out at the sides when filled with soil. home depot makes a tough tote that looks just like it that is better quality for drilling but i haven't seen a 5 gallon square bucket size.

Drop That Sound

They also carry mini 5 gallon tough totes with the yellow lid at HD.. I think they still have 14 or 15 gallon ones too, maybe even a 10?. They also have the husky totes with black lids which I like the best, even though the walls are slightly angled, in 5, 15, 25, 45gal, etc.

But these commander 5 gal buckets seem way better from lowes.. I would be stoked if they even offered a 7.5 gal taller version..

Here's my outdoor HD 27 gal tough tote RDWC in my mini trampoline frame greenhouse I made last summer. With 2 inch PVC conduit fittings, and silicone o-rings as the bulk heads. With an inline 396gph pump and a 3/4 y-strainer. No leaks at all, used Jacks 3 2 and grew 4 nice bushes ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2931.jpg
    IMG_2931.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Latest posts