What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mini split A/C with Controller question???????

dj digigrow

New spot i am working has a mini split installed that is hardwired to the breaker. I'm not sure on the make/model of the mini split but it doesn't have Day/ Night time settings or anything so i wanted to get a controller to hook it up to along with the dehumidifier so I can dial in the environment.
My question is, How do I hook up to the A/C to the controller? All the ones I've seen so far have all just had 2 or 3 , 120v outlets. Do i need to incorporate a 120V relay before the A/C and plug that in to the controller?

Any help will be much appreciated.

overbudjet

Veteran
first thing to do is checking if your minisplit retain settings after power outage (end of light cycle )if so, feed a relay with require voltage put timer for the trigger (on and off light cycle)use the output for feeding your ac.By the way if you use dehu only at night plug it on the other leg of your relay .So you will have timed dehu and ac.

overbudjet

Veteran
first thing to do is checking if your minisplit retain settings after power outage (end of light cycle )if so, feed a relay with require voltage put timer for the trigger (on and off light cycle)use the output for feeding your ac.By the way if you use dehu only at night plug it on the other leg of your relay .So you will have timed dehu and ac.
:)

Fixer

The mini split should be controlled by a thermostat. Just locate it in the grow space set the temp you want and it will control itself.