What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Science behind pumping 800ppm Potassium

TnTLabs

I did not choose low rh. Given the choice I run according to vpd.

I will say if humidity were higher I would water less but run higher EC, not lower. IMO it comes down to balance

But I got no problem with your opinions. You could be right

its always about balance yes...
if you advise and maybe run the grow why cant you change such an important factor as RH??
its just too low...
otherwise looks like you are doing a good job, just not how i would do it... id feel too uncomfortable running everything in the red
:woohoo:

TnTLabs

bloom weeks 1-2
N : 161
Ca : 156
Fe : 3.24
Mn : 0.54
P : 101
Mg : 82
Mo : 0.06
Cu : 0.06
K : 291
S : 90
Zn : 0.20
B : 0.24

weeks 3-6

N : 162
Ca : 153
Fe : 3.61
Mn : 0.60
P : 120
Mg : 83
Mo : 0.07
Cu : 0.07
K : 340
S : 90
Zn : 0.23
B : 0.27

bloom weeks 1-2

hey Lyfespan,
how long have you been running this regimen? with good results?
from my my experience, in pure coco, K around 250 is good
i run K around 280-320 but im in Soil/coco/perlite mix now
used to do coco for many years, i also figured out, to get short internodes and limit stretch you want to keep P very low until stretch is nearly over.... its been discussed here before as well
there isnt that much demand for P in the first 2 weeks!!
rather keep N around 150 and load up on Ca
week 1-2 basically veg nutes with P around 40
week 3-5 start raising P to 80
week 6-8 start taking down N and raising K around 250
this is just the short version

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Show me the ash?

End results are still super soft, cool temp smoke, loaded with flavor and aroma which is still heavily present on the exhale? Same smell/flavor the last hit in the bowl?

Definitely interested, with the same reservations I always have. :D

Lyfespan

hey Lyfespan,
how long have you been running this regimen? with good results?
from my my experience, in pure coco, K around 250 is good
i run K around 280-320 but im in Soil/coco/perlite mix now
used to do coco for many years, i also figured out, to get short internodes and limit stretch you want to keep P very low until stretch is nearly over.... its been discussed here before as well
there isnt that much demand for P in the first 2 weeks!!
rather keep N around 150 and load up on Ca
week 1-2 basically veg nutes with P around 40
week 3-5 start raising P to 80
week 6-8 start taking down N and raising K around 250
this is just the short version

i have been on this extreme feed reggie for 2 years now, in coco and recycled coco. i found that pre loading plants and knowing what stage to do so has increased plant health and overall outcome of flowers.

the tricky part was figuring out which types of NPK to use and which wouldnt burn or lockout my gals.

yes P will contribute to stretching, but what types of P are responsible for this, and at what time of growth will this happen, and how long will cells store such affects? what other elements and minerals are used or stored in conjunction with P?

ammonia, nitrates, and sulfates. these are the major 3 we see in most nutes, yes? just looked and im even running chlorides too

TNT if you look at NPK raws feed chart for example you will see a different P theory, due to their ammonia based P.

i have ran a lot of different feed reggies, and always tweaking my solutions, to what i see from the plants

Last edited:

Lyfespan

Show me the ash?

End results are still super soft, cool temp smoke, loaded with flavor and aroma which is still heavily present on the exhale? Same smell/flavor the last hit in the bowl?

Definitely interested, with the same reservations I always have. :D

ash is nice and white, smokes great, terps are even in my roaches after months of sitting, taste lingers in your mouth upon exhale :tiphat:

running plants right is key

TnTLabs

i have been on this extreme feed reggie for 2 years now, in coco and recycled coco. i found that pre loading plants and knowing what stage to do so has increased plant health and overall outcome of flowers.

the tricky part was figuring out which types of NPK to use and which wouldnt burn or lockout my gals.

yes P will contribute to stretching, but what types of P are responsible for this, and at what time of growth will this happen, and how long will cells store such affects? what other elements and minerals are used or stored in conjunction with P?

ammonia, nitrates, and sulfates. these are the major 3 we see in most nutes, yes? just looked and im even running chlorides too

TNT if you look at NPK raws feed chart for example you will see a different P theory, due to their ammonia based P.

i have ran a lot of different feed reggies, and always tweaking my solutions, to what i see from the plants

yes, all depends on the water, media, environment & genetics used...
coco, like soil will get better over time yes...
ammonia based P is fast absorbed and can be tricky...
good for keeping ph in check.. thats why its always good
to have a few% of ammonia in the mix if you have hard water and the ph keeps rising
but i do think STP is the better option though, at least MAP should be kept to a minimum
P around 40 ppm is totally sufficient for veg and pre-flower
best use the space if it were for Si, B, Ca & Mg

here are some pics of some of the last batch...
i never go over EC 2.2 , most of the time around EC 1.6-1.8
N sits around 140 and yeah sometimes i have a hard time getting them to fade..
bud are hard and terps are loud....
like always still room for improvement.. but getting there... but my opinion is: less is more
last one is my Pine Glue
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php