What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats your Favorite, and least favorite coco coir "brand" and WHY

George

I’m liking this new roots organic stuff. Seems looser/larger and faster draining.

Used canna, hg, cocotek (gh?) and this roots stuff. The roots brick has the least brown run off after initial watering. The canna has the most and it shows later in the cycle with the coco compressing quite a bit more vs the looser stuff. The canna is the most user friendly brick. The roots the most unfriendly due to size and not being able to just break off 10 liters for a quick up pot of a mom like you can with the canna.

I don’t buy HG stuff anymore. Think I’ll vouch for the roots bricks.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I like Roots Coco too.

Botanicare has had good coco in the past but I had issues with the last block.

I worry it's the nature of the beast and anybody's coco may be bad for a batch.

I know I'm sticking with Roots coco until I have issues.

I also expect to as much as I don't.

bucketgirl

I've been using canna, tried the bricks recently and they work but are a pain in the ass compared to ripping open a bag. Back to bags for me.

whitebox

U-Gro

U-Gro

high all,
i use U-Gro coco blocks because it's already "myco-infused", i use their brick in pot, you just have to decompress it with ph6 water and transplant. no drench or rinse.
i like it also because it is not fine coco peat it is most husk and croutons and also some fine peat. i guess it is 30% each roughly.
i like to water with nutrients twice a day : once at lights on and again 4/6 hours later.
this coco is wonderfull for this usage and i use it for 3 run usually. i mean i grow in the same coco all year long.
that been said, i use pool enzymes at the end during the flush and later i drench the coco after harvest and let it sit for 18/24 hours before to rinse it again with ph6 water and a very light growfeed solution and run it again.
i use only general hydro floracoco a+b and bioroots and some phdown.
the coco block is sold inside a plastic pouch wich is a 2 gal square pot and it cost me 70 euros for 10 blocks.
plants are green from sprout to flush and seems to like it too...!!!
cheers.

I

Insomniac420

I haven't used coco but was wanting to try Mills coco with added cork

MtnLivin

After running thru a shipping container a month of coco from running a 3500 lights facility for two years I can confidently say the best and most consistent coco on the market is Char Coir. If you're using anything else you're doing yourself a disservice.

Latest posts

Latest posts