What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

M

moose eater

1970 Controlled Substances Act? Yes.

USA PATRIOT ACT? Yes.

Homeland Security Act? Yes.

Those are the most immediate in our history that I can think of, but those declarations came from our OWN government. Was there another event you're inquiring about?

By the way, news reports the oil producers were just given slack by US Gov. re. not having to monitor output/effluent from their operations due to economic hardship during X period of time. Not that repiratory distress was/is an issue at the moment, or anything. <sarcasm>.

Likewise, though not pertinent specifically to the US, the protections for the (rain) forests in Brazil, deep into indigenous turf, have also been lifted for a period, and the prediction is the bootleg loggers are going to go in and infect the tribes/groups living deep in the woods, who've not had contact too awful much with urbanians and suburban ne'er-do-wells with saws and heavy equipment.

Reminds me of the small pox blankies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Open question.

Was a declaration of war was made against the people of the US ?

declaration
a formal or explicit statement or announcement.

Not a declaration by definition, like moose said seems more informal than a declaration.

So to answer this question directly....
No, at least not to my knowledge.

But as most tell me round here....
I don't know shit.:biggrin:

A state of emergency removes any individual rights during the emergency.
This while not an actual declaration, it allows for wartime like activity.
Something tells me you know a bit more than I do on this subject.

M

moose eater

The first parts of it read distantly similarly to the monotone ranting of the crazed Colonel in 'Dr. Strangelove'. "It's not a matter of 'IF,' but 'WHEN'!

He neglects to reference the sanctity of our bodily fluids, however.:)

Edit: Based on the first several pages, or so, I'd guess they're largely focused on what was then The Weathermen, some of whom would later join ELF. The Weathermen being an oft misrepresented group in our history.

M

moose eater

Both my wife and I read it; my wife more closely than I, as she's able to read more than I am without feeling like someone slipped her a Quaalude. Me, I'm tipping over after about 10-15 pages in most cases.

Her first words in describing the tenor of the thing included 'meager attempt.' But that 'meager attempt' might also be described as subtle or insidious.

Seems the early neo-liberals wanted the commoners' children to be indoctrinated into an economic policy ritual and system of masochism as a matter of national pride, patriotism, and honor..

The memo serves as a trail of bread crumbs, rather than a smoking gun, of the successes of neo-liberalism and the inequity we see today, getting ahold of them at the grade-school level, and higher, where so many persons are seemingly "proud to be under-paid servants to the GDP & Oligarchy and their puppets, shining in the glory of getting by, pay-check to pay-check, and credit card payment to credit card payment, as PROUD 'Murcans. For God & Country.. and General Electric, and IBM, and.... all those other saviors of the American Way/Dream."

Damn, I could almost see my OWN tongue in my cheek, and I wasn't even standing in front of a mirror for that last paragraph...

Time to get back to my electrical wiring project, with a stout qt. jar of RO H2O with lots of lime extract in it, and hopefully all the tools and materials I ought to need for the task(s).

NYC style whole wheat pizza dough with HEAVY garlic in it, is rising for the second rise, and I need to make some sauce for it. Hardships of sheltering in place include an absence of mushrooms, and only 2 miserable-in-appearance jalapeno peppers. But lots of pepperoni, onion, and black olives, as well as feta cheese to top the mozzarella.

We're way more fortunate today than some others, and I KNOW that. For real.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Some good info to be found in these threads.

Pharaoh he sits in his tower of steel
The dogs of money all at his heel
Magicians cry, Oh Truth! Oh Real
We're all working for the Pharaoh
A thousand eyes, a thousand ears
He feeds us all, he feeds our fears
Don't stir in your sleep tonight, my dears
Egypt Land, Egypt Land
We're all living in Egypt land
Tell me, brother, don't you understand
Hidden from the eye of chance
The men of shadow dance a dance
And we're all struck into a trance

M

moose eater

I want to finish my existing half-dozen (or so) projects, including my wife's sauna, and see those who deserve severely horrendous karma receive it.

And have several more homemade apple pies & chocolate cream pies, and have my older son learn to deal better with reality.

And have my wife, children, & dogs live at least as long as I do.

Edit: And have none of them suffer, beyond what it takes to bump them along toward successes, and learning about life.

M

moose eater

Thank you Gry. I hope for you to achieve all of your dreams and wishes, too.

Latest posts

Latest posts