What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethephon stimulats cannabinoids and terpenoids

epicseeds

Ethephon application stimulats cannabinoids and plastidic terpenoids production in Cannabis sativa at flowering stage

Abstract
We studied the effect of ethephon on levels of the major cannabinoids (tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol) and chlorophyll, carotenoids and α-tocopherol in Cannabis sativa at productive stage. Results revealed that ethephon increased THC content of leaf in male and female plants and of male flowers. However, ethephon unable to enhancing THC content in female flowers. Treatment with etheohon increased CBD content in male and female leaf and female flowers. The treatment of male flowers with low ethephon concentration caused an increase, and those treated with high ethephon concentration resulted in a decrease in CBD content. The lowest level of ethephon (1 μM) enhanced chlorophyll a, b and total chlorophyll in male and female plants. Both sexes treated with ethephon showed an increase in carotenoids content, but 1 μM ethephon had the stronger effect in this regards. Male and female plants had a higher content of α-tocopherol when treated with ethephon. These results showed ethephon is a suitable treatment for increasing cannabinoids and α-tocopherol in productive stage of cannabis and there was not a relation between primary and secondary terpenoids.

► Ethephon treatment has considerable effects on increasing of cannabinoids in male and female cannabis. ► There is no correlation between cannabinoids and other plastidial terpenoids. ► Using of ethephon treatment in flowering stage do not adverse effect on plant growth.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0926669013000526

BubbaBear

Ethephon is good shit, its the only synthetic PGR people should be using on cannabis. It has many uses it also reduces stretch and prevents pollen sacks on hermie prone strains.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Ethephon is good shit, its the only synthetic PGR people should be using on cannabis. It has many uses it also reduces stretch and prevents pollen sacks on hermie prone strains.

But no body is speaking of how and when to use it, also what benefits are gained.
There is other info on icmag but the usage directions are a bit strong if you ask me.

The study which has been posted here a few times only concludes that in female cannabis plants CBD's are increased or reduced at given levels.

But no body is speaking of how and when to use it, also what benefits are gained.
There is other info on icmag but the usage directions are a bit strong if you ask me.

The study which has been posted here a few times only concludes that in female cannabis plants CBD's are increased or reduced at given levels.

I would expect wide variations in how much to use and when based on strain. I've been interested in trying ethephon to accelerate or coordinate ripening of varieties that run a bit slower.

You seem to have used it, may I ask at what stage and concentration?

Latest posts

Latest posts