What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snowhigh Seeds

umbra

I've done blueberry blast. I liked it. I bred it to Bodhi's blackberry kush x purple chitrali x ubekistani hashplant. I grew out blackstar as well. I bred that to Jaws' sour doja. I liked both.

JACKBAYBEH

Thanks for sharing 3rdEye! Love your handle bro.
BBB is another one I'd like to run as well. I'd say there are some nice money phenotypes in that line. As well as the heavy haze types that I most enjoy.
Still kicking myself all these years later for not scoring a pack or 3 of Legend's Johnny Blaze.
The beans were available for years and so many people, including myself, slept on them. Peeps telling me years later that they were some of the best beans they ever purchased.
I feel the same way about Fed's Hawaiian Sat as well. Damn, the ones that get away......

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did a run of Blueberry Blast years ago from a now defunct NW USA seed auction site. Great stuff! KUDOS for Snowhigh's work.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Thanks for sharing 3rdEye! Love your handle bro.
BBB is another one I'd like to run as well. I'd say there are some nice money phenotypes in that line. As well as the heavy haze types that I most enjoy.
Still kicking myself all these years later for not scoring a pack or 3 of Legend's Johnny Blaze.
The beans were available for years and so many people, including myself, slept on them. Peeps telling me years later that they were some of the best beans they ever purchased.
I feel the same way about Fed's Hawaiian Sat as well. Damn, the ones that get away......

Those JB seeds were total sleepers. I didn't hear about them till it was too late, but now i can reverse the gene pool to pull out JB leaning phenotypes from the BBB line. Saving up for some more BBB beans for now. Isolate JB leaning ones and line breed.

Keep digging and amazing seeds turn up. :woohoo:

Snowhigh's seed drop is looking pretty stacked.

here's a JB F2 thread with lowfalutin He's doing some fun work
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=273015

You might like this one Highland Mexican X BB
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=79279

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man... I've had some exceptional crosses made using the BBB.
Best yet was the Jack Herrer x BBB.
Excellent, uplifting total social buzz that seemed to last for hours on end. I wouldn't shut the Hell up! Lmao!
Unfortunately, those beans are long gone fro my collection.

BBB is an excellent breeding tool, imo.

Cloneman

Veteran
If anyone here is a Kush fan, Snow's ultimate OG project is insane. He used the Pine Tar Kush in the project so there will be some amazing gems

I got a pack of these as a freebee and it made me smile when I saw the PTK in it. In 2004 Tom Hill sent me 4 packs of free seeds, bless him, PTK, Deep Chunk, Salmon creek big bud x PTK and Cripple creek (i'm going to whisper this, still got the CC in the fridge, never got round to them).

In 2005 on Overgrow I did a Pine Tar Kush Project and used a male to cross to my old SSH and others. The PTK smoke wasn't my cup of tea but it was a great breeding tool, I gave away about 20 packs of the SSKush wordwide. Bonecarver on here is still running one in Spain.

Lets go full circle, will have to do these True Gangster Kush next time and maybe snag a pack of the Blueberry Blast....

Last edited:

umbra

From what I saw, True Gangster Kush is not a strain Snow is dropping. There is a 3 way cross...pantie dropper that has it in there, but that is all. While Snow has a few things I have not seen before, I have over 20 of his strains that I still need to pop. So I will let this one go.

Cloneman

Veteran
From what I saw, True Gangster Kush is not a strain Snow is dropping.

yeah your right there.

Like I said I got these as a freebee a while ago, (Snow high seeds, true kush x pine tar kush x chitrali), because of a problem with some other seeds, didn't know what they were?

When I saw this thread I started digging around to find out more and found this from 3 years ago

Ultimate Kush Project

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so several years ago, I had friends growing all kinds of OG Kush for production with all kinds of methods trying to squeeze some yields out of the different OG Kushes on the market.

I saw the problems with rooting, I saw the problems with floppy plants, I saw the problems with yields. I thought it was ridiculous that so much energy was spent trying to grow out these cuts then to solve the problem and just breed a better plant. I've seen all of the reversing female "Elite" cuts to propagate another "Elite" OG Kush and heard of all the problems this has entailed. I don't reverse and I don't feminize so I apologize to those who would want that from me.

So several years ago I went about finding a good male to cross to an True OG Kush from back in the day. I grew out some Pine Tar Kush x Purple Chitrali which is basically 2 different worked real Pakistani Kush lines. I found a really nice well branched male that resembled some Landrace Afghani males I've seen. So I took a cutting and eventually pollinated the True Kush cut and a old SoCal G13 clone for future work.

Then I went about growing every OG Kush and good hybrid I could come across. I grew out many in different environments, indoors and outdoors. I grew out at least 5 to 10 of each strain to make sure it wasn't just the rooting problem with the plants. As many know that if you don't root a cutting of OG Kushes properly or if you get a cutting that doesn't have a proper root structure you will have a yield that will suffer.

So I went through these lines of OG Kush and similar strains.

In no order:

Pure Kush
Tahoe OG Kush
Real Tahoe OG Kush
True Kush
Trapper Creek OG Kush
91 OG Kush
OG Kush
Hells Angel OG Kush
Orgn Kids Sour Kush Kush
Ghost OG Kush
Banana Kush
Diablo OG
Original Bubba Kush
Pre 98 Bubba Kush
Abusive OG Kush
Abusive x 98 Bubba Kush
Skywalker OG kush
818 OG Kush
Platinum OG Kush
Platinum Bubba Kush
SoCal Fire OG Kush
Raskals Fire OG
NorCal Laytonvilles Fire OG Kush
SFV OG Kush
White Fire
Legend OG
Lemon Larry
Respect

Anyway I grew more but these were the main ones of the top of my head.

So I grew them all out looking for the largest, best yielding and most potent varieties.

I narrowed it down to a few that I believe contain the ideals of what the strain should be.

Skywalker OG Kush
Real Tahoe OG Kush
Abusive OG Kush

I then grew out the True Kush x Purple Chitrali x Pine Tar Kush seeds I had made looking for breeding males. I grew out over 50 plants and narrowed it down to the best 30 plants. I grew these out finally selecting the best branched males, with the best root structure and the smelliest stem rubs. I then narrowed it down to 3 males and 7 females and grew these out. Eventually keeping only 2 males and 4 females for work later.

I flowered out the 2 selected males with the 3 OG Kush strains I selected and a few other goodies, like the Girl Scout Cookie cut and a few others as well as the selected females from the same line. This was done this season.

This has taken me 5 years so far. Pictures to follow.

So the idea behind all of this was to breed a large yielding, easy rooting, easy growing OG Kush Hybrid without the problems normally associated with OG Kush strains.

More to come on this project.

Snow

Last edited:

justabluez

Veteran
Black Maui looks like it might be nice (Sold out in first few minutes of snowhigh drop). Also, Dragon's Fire seems to be a new kind of Thai mix.

justabluez

Veteran
I will try the Dragon's fire (Lemon Thai x Burmese x Angola Red x Thai x Purple Thai). Should be a challenging grow. Maybe my next grow will be:
1. Ace Panama
2. Ace Orient Express
3. Ace Kali china
4. Snowhigh Dragon's Fire
5. Snowhigh Black Maui

justabluez

Veteran
OK, it was extremely hard for me to decide what to experiment with, because I'm a BIG Ace seeds fan and a BIG Snowhigh fan. SO I decided to focus on Snowhigh strains for this experiment. But I managed to squeeze in [1] Ace Panama (fem).

So here is my lineup:
1. Ace Panama fem (sprouted - several days old).
2. Snowhigh Black Maui Reg (1 is several days old. The other has just sprouted today).
3. Snowhigh Dragon's Fire Reg ( Sprouted 2 seeds).
4. (WOS) Colombian Gold X Snowhigh Pipe Dream - (1 seed a little over 2 weeks old)
5. (Dinafim) Sweet Deep Grapefruit X Snowhigh Pipe Dream (1 seed just sprouted today).

Worst case scenario, I will ONLY have the Ace Panama Fem to run. Hopefully, I get lucky with more than [1] Snowhigh female.

I'll update this thread with VEG/Flower results.

justabluez

Veteran
- Black Maui, Dragon's Fire and Colombian Pipe Dream are all looking good. Still small. Ace Panama and Golden Tiger are also coming along. Will have pics soon!