What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS, Blumats, Smartpots with Golden Label nutrients

omgwt

Looks like you've got some nice donkey dicks going on in there! How are the bugs?

hehe yeah I really hope it's more than the last run - it's so hard to tell just by eye though!

You know I haven't seen much of the bugs, if there are any left it has to be very few of them - It should be managable until harvest, which is planned this weekend-ish

omgwt

Sweet. How long do you usually run them with plain water? I think I had them on that stuff for 7-10 days im not sure right now hehe - They started yellowing pretty hard on the big fan leaves now in the end anyway.. Should be a lot smoother smoking than the last run hehe :tiphat:

So yeah I decided tonights the night - I saw some amber colors in the top of some triches so theyre the way I want them!

Anyway, picture time!

uvpNsc6.jpg

Jel5NUO.jpg

9cWQ3bd.jpg

t6Jz33t.jpg

omgwt

OUtheef.jpg

2Tb4W13.jpg

So yeah that's my harvest :) I am pretty pleased with myself, this run went really smooth compared to the first one - Perhaps most of all because of the Scrog net, but also the flood tray made my life a lot easier. There are so many more dense nuggets this run compared to last. I have taken maybe 5-6g of popcorns as taste tests, and I get pretty damn stoned hehe - the high is a bit on the uplifting side but in combination with a nice light-ish body buzz - perfect all-rounder for me.
The buds are rock solid on most of the colas - there are a bit lighter buds in the absolute corners - but theyre still dense on the tops. The 400w is perhaps on the small side to have 4 feet width - but since I only have 60 depth a 600w would be overkill kind off - I would say a 600w could fit a 4x4 real perfect and give nice dense nuggets for the entire net. It's certainly something to think about if I ever decide to get more than the grow box and my 4x2 tent.

So yeah I'm really excited and it's gonna be really interesting to weigh these in a few days.
Crossed fingers!

Yeah a 600 lights a 4x4 well, but after running my 4x4 tent with a 600 for a while, I've gotta say a 1000 Watt would be better. The tents have 6 inch ducting and I'm running a good fan so temperature isn't an issue. My thoughts are the more light the better. I do have 200 watts of LED light in there too because the 4x4 tent gets real dim in the corners. I basically put a 50w led light on each corner of my reflector,it evens out the light really well. Good job dude it looks like you've got a shit load of dank there.

omgwt

Yeah a 600 lights a 4x4 well, but after running my 4x4 tent with a 600 for a while, I've gotta say a 1000 Watt would be better. The tents have 6 inch ducting and I'm running a good fan so temperature isn't an issue. My thoughts are the more light the better. I do have 200 watts of LED light in there too because the 4x4 tent gets real dim in the corners. I basically put a 50w led light on each corner of my reflector,it evens out the light really well. Good job dude it looks like you've got a shit load of dank there.

That's interesting. With the extreme width in my tent - perhaps it would help with say 50w of LED in each side of it - kinda like you are running... I wonder what the cost vs improvement would be though -
Speaking off - I've dried the buds for a few days now and weighed it tonight - I got it to around 340-350g which will give me a 0.85gph - and not only that, but it's basicly 110-120g more than my last run!

I am very pleased with the results I have to say. :tiphat:

That is awesome!

My first run in this 4x4 tent I yielded just under 1 kg, got a little over 1 gram per Watt. I think the LEDs helped a lot with that. If you can DIY some led lights I think that is the cheapest way to do it. That is what I did, I built my own out of Chinese COB led circuits and cooled them with cpu coolers. Bought most of the stuff on eBay with help from the LED forum here on ICMAG. Worth looking into at least, I'm not an electrical engineer but I was able to do it.

redlaser

Veteran
Nice use of space and I really appreciate the shot of the lowers showing a well thought out pruning/ training choice

omgwt

Thanks stevewinthrop :) I am very interested in those DIY led lights, I'll probably look into it after the next run finishes since I do know how to solder etc, I just don't know what batch of LEDs to get to be honest. Either way I don't really got the cash at the moment, still need to improve other stuff - like a proper box for my now 2x inline fans!

Thanks redlaser it's nice to hear people appriciate the angles and the growstyle I try to implement!

omgwt

I finally got around to snap a couple of pics :) I put 2 seeds of Phatt Fruity and 2 seeds of skunk #1 but surprisingly 2 of the seeds died - and by the looks of the two that's left I think theyre both Phat Fruitys - atleast that's what I think because it looks like an indica dominant strain, it's just that simple hehe. I think I'm gonna put down a the rest of the Skunk no1 seeds and grow all three in the 150w cab to find a good pheno, hopefully one of the fattys are good phenos too.
Either way my plan is to keep 2 strains alive aslong as theyre good genetics by creating mothers from clones. :)

I think these two bad boys look very healthy. They got that darker green color and I am really loving the sight of them. There's some odor if im handsy but not much besides that so far. Running the tent on 24/0 but since they seem to hate that the internal fan is shut off during the nights when I sleep (leaves curling up because of heat) I'm gonna put a timer in with 18/6 or something. Do you guys think it's alright even at 16/8? I don't want them to accidentally flower yet..!

m6lMZQg.jpg

RNDIokb.jpg

5ecvt5S.jpg

Nepal, gonna plant them outside in a couple of weeks! Got a few others in my mother cabinet but tbh theyre not that interesting to look at, these have grown much faster thanks to the better lightning.

omgwt

TMCECEx.jpg

KXf0sl5.jpg

balsHhM.jpg

Made 2 mufflers today, inspiration by https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65345&highlight=muffler

I spent 60 euros total, which is a really nice deal to me because I got one 70cm muffler AND one 100cm muffler - I might have gotten 1x 90 cm muffler around that price so I'm very happy spending that 2 hours building them whilst watching some TV, hehe.
I also re-insulated my cardboard box for my inline fan - as well as removed an 180 degree angel on the vent hosing - something that seriously crippled the airflow before. I can now have the fan down a lot more with the regulator and still feel a nice breeze from the ventilation. I am gonna try to work in how to fit the smaller muffler into the ventilation system - I want one just after the fan - but it's a little tight - I might even have to re-do the muffler to make it a bit smaller. The big one fits great inside the tent, though!

I think thing that makes the most noise now is the fan motor itself (and the airflow noise right around the fan, despite my crappy cardboard box /w insulation) - which causes some "electrical" noise from the motor as well as general motor noise. I guess the best thing would be to build an MDF box so I might build one this summer.. We'll see.

I'll snap some more pictures from the girls, oh and I switched to 12/12 today because they're getting there and then some - I need to do some major pruning tho I hope this isn't an isssue that I just switched over? I don't wanna stress them too much!

Last edited:

omgwt

Fresh pics, before and after i removed like ~ 50 leaves (mostly smaller but non the less in the way of a lot of branches etc).
It looks like the left pheno is much nicer in scrog so far, a lot of branches to say the least. It pretty much filled out the entire net on left side and the right one is a few holes away from filling out too though.
before:
iF2laxH.jpg

after:
HfyajBD.jpg

before:
fXPuWzO.jpg

left after:
m7vu6yv.jpg

right after:
4sKKJq2.jpg

It's hard to notice any real difference since I didn't take closer picture on the bottom until after I finished for today. I am probably gonna remove a few more budsites close to the bottom soon.. Right now there are a few too many leaves below the net but it's ok for now.

omgwt

h2xi038.jpg

Budding up time :)

It's now obvious to me the genes on the left one is better, the entire plant is larger and a lot more budsites. I will keep cloning the other pheno too though.. Might be good smoke :)