What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the best seed stash find ever , SSSC i need help

Ganja baba

Veteran
ok guys sorry for the long delay , i tried a basic scuff and soak on three seeds , nothing came through , ive been camping and busy but have now the giberelic acid and thinking about a permanent temp thing , going to get stuck in soon , dont worry i know what i am doing and thanks for all the info every one it has really helped , any news ill drop here .

iTarzan

None of those seeds were in the catalog by the exact number.

Sam never came into this thread.

It was SUPER SATIVA SEED CLUB not SECRETE.

I have an Apple computer and all is well on this site.

I am not feeling those seed packs. Many of the seeds look identical in color and size.

I wish you luck though.

SativaBreather

Veteran
that is fucking awesome man - best of luck with them
and as a side note - are you the sonic i used to know elsewhere who told me that brilliant story bout abseiling down from the gaff above and recovering ya belongings? lol be cool if you are

F

Fields~of~Green

Great score on the seeds mate best of luck with the project

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Any luck with these bro?

Bit of info on germinating old seed that may be of use:

'Metabolic activities in germinated ancient lotus seeds'' : http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/47/4/577.pdf

''Pretreatment with concentrated sulphuric acid for 6 h promoted 75% of the seeds tested to germinate.''

Also this:

http://www.super-grow.biz/GA3FAQ.jsp#germination

-Gibberellic Acid will improve seed germination. The generally used method is to prepare a gibberellic acid (GA3) liquid solution and to soak the seeds in it for 24 hours; the GA3 concentration should be in the range of 100-250 PPM.One manufacturer (1) of gibberellic acid products recommends first trying a concentration of 50 PPM.One botanist used Gibberellic Acid when successfully germinating 2,000 year old seeds from an extinct plant (2).''

Hope this helps. Thanks to l33t for the links.

Peace

rik78

Veteran
Piff Rhys Jones, the second link does not work... eitherway really good info, thanks for sharing!!

Ganja Baba. lloking forward to new updates, I think you have us all eating our nails waiting for any new news!!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bump.

I think the dead ones are dead and any that are alive will sprout via natural methods, throw em in dirt and let it do its thing. An old seed will absorb water slowly and take longer to sprout. Some might take a month. Paper towels bad idea as it is perfect environment for mold after a day or two.

OldSSSCGuy

Hi guys need some help from any one with really good experience of geminating old seeds ,

a little while ago i became friends with a dutch guy , into a conversation he turned out to be one of the original owners of the secret sativa seed club , after explaining my passion for old seeds he kindly donated me the original seeds from the club that were used by Neville and sam ,

Just wanted to bump this for a posterity correction: Nevil had nothing to do with the Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC), they were competitors/enemies. Nevil's company was "The Seed Bank" (TSB) and there was no love lost between him and the SSSC - trust me. I had phone conversations with Kees of SSSC about SSSC vs. TSB. The word "evil" was in kinda common in those conversations; but in the context of TSB behavior at the time.

Just an opinion I might get burned on, but while Sam contributed more genetics than Jesus to all or us, I don't think he was directly business-affiliated with Nevil or SSSC - nor made the commission profit he should have. Both companies directly benefited from Sam's original hard work, don't think anyone could question that one.

Sorry, just like to temper the folklore. Part of my completely deranged natures. All their catalogs are linked in my sig.