What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenoids

Drewsif

Nope. Sorry but terp hype is bullshit corporate propaganda.

Tell me what makes Strawberry Cough taste the way it does. Its Not Strawberanene.. What about Skunk. Skunkanene?

I had a citrusy strain tested once by a real lab, not a play time Cannabis lab or a Jewish media outlet. It had terpenes alright. Valencene, cymene, nerolidol, terpinene and not a trace of d-limonene.

So why does everyone want to hype up d limonene? Because it's fucking cheap to source and acts as a reducer, 2 in one knock out for the Philly Morris e cigs of 2025.

Charles Dankens

Nope. Sorry but terp hype is bullshit corporate propaganda.

Tell me what makes Strawberry Cough taste the way it does. Its Not Strawberanene.. What about Skunk. Skunkanene?

I had a citrusy strain tested once by a real lab, not a play time Cannabis lab or a Jewish media outlet. It had terpenes alright. Valencene, cymene, nerolidol, terpinene and not a trace of d-limonene.

So why does everyone want to hype up d limonene? Because it's fucking cheap to source and acts as a reducer, 2 in one knock out for the Philly Morris e cigs of 2025.
Someone at the klan bbq take a shit down your thought hole?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
We will soon find these are the keys to health as well as a good buzz!

View Image

View Image

Sorry shagg you're not, terpenoids will be shown to associate with the hundred plus unnamed cannabinoids.

The difference between the type of mental effects we eat from, Kush to Haze is from those chemicals not the terps.

The terps are there and they are real but they are not the secret formula they are just along for the ride but their amount is large and easy to graph.

What I'm waiting for is for someone to come along and isolate the compounds responsible for the buzz you get from OG Kush or Sour D and put that on top of generic THC.

That will change the game.

Most of the elite Genetics out there now will produce great terps of they are grown well and dried proper.

'Boogieman'

I believe terps are overhyped, I smoked plenty of shitty tasting weed that got me super high back in the day. The bubble hash I make gets me very high and the taste is bland and hashy. I'm not saying terps mean nothing I do believe it indicates good weed I just think the role of terps is overhyped.

MindEater

What they ^ say makes Strawberry Banana: Alpha-Pinene, Myrcene, Beta-Pinene, 3-Carene, Alpha-Terpinen, D-Limonene, Ocimene, Gamma-Terpinene. Terpenes. Yuck. Smoking essential oils is very bad for you.. Glade plug-ins aren't medicinal.

What the independent lab says constitutes strawberry banana:
Isoamyl acetate, 2-pentanol acetate, 2-methyl-1-propanol and hexyl acetate, methyl butyrate, ethyl butyrate, methyl hexenoatecitric acid, ascorbic acid, malic acid, ellagic acid pantothenic acid. Delicious with identified interactions in the body. Very medicinal.