What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House and Garden 2013 MEGATHREAD

merkaba

Which additives do you guys think are must haves? I have used the whole line and also used just the base. Currently I am only using Aqua Flakes, Drip Clean, Roots, adding some Cal-Mag the first few weeks. I was using the Nitrogen boost in veg, but feel some good ole fish emulsion has far better results. I am in coco, recirculating drip by the way.

O

Oti$

I've had my best results using flakes and dripclean@ 1.2 ec... Roots excel in veg. I've been using Moab weeks 6&7 and I think it is also helping them bulk up a bit. I've never done a true side by side, but I've used all the h&g additives and used base only and had similar results so I don't buy all those bottles anymore. Roots excel and drip clean are the two that I won't go without. I have done side by side with roots excel and there is a big difference in root development, definitely worth the money.

merkaba

That has pretty much been my observation as well. I do feel like I need a good flower booster for say week 5-8...

O

Oti$

Yup, 1ml/gal...my last run I added hydroplex to the base and moab and dripclean and, although I didn't really keep track of the yield, the buds looked fatter than ever and the quality was top shelf. I'm in the middle of sorting through a bunch of different strains as well as putting together a couple new rooms at a ñew spot, but once I'm settled I'm going to do a side by side with the hydroplex and without because it seemed to make a difference. This is the first. New bottle I've tried in about a year and I was impressed

Croptober

I run the whole House and Garden line soil a/b. Roots Excelurator is the shit, a must have in the garden. Have you tried the shooting powder from H&G?

relic1981

Veteran
Which additives do you guys think are must haves? I have used the whole line and also used just the base. Currently I am only using Aqua Flakes, Drip Clean, Roots, adding some Cal-Mag the first few weeks. I was using the Nitrogen boost in veg, but feel some good ole fish emulsion has far better results. I am in coco, recirculating drip by the way.

drip clean, bud xl,and multy zen, and roots excelurator or their new "plant nutrient" which is a mix of their roots excelurator and their amino aid. it hasnt been released yet but i know some folks at NHS and humboldt wholesale and they have been giving me samples of it. they reccomended to use it on my moms and boy did they love it. i think this product is going to be a must have. their tops shooter is just a pk 13/14 booster and the shooting powder can be replaced by any number of products (powdered super k boosters) its interesting the numbers on h and g bottles and packaging is low but that stuff is super concentrated and you can overdue it. istart out at 5ml p/g base nutes (flakes or coco for me) and dont go higher than 8 mls p/g. i find the ph stays balanced well. sometimes ill use a little ph up and im good to go. i usually have to use the ph up when i add calmag to the nutes (botanicare's cal mag plus, drops the ph)

relic1981

Veteran
what are some of the off brand additives you guys use? i use botanicare's cal mag and foliar spray magic green once a week and xtreme's cal carb plus fulvic acid (N.U.T.S.) and kelp once every 2 weeks and spray them with dark energy, and neem about once a week. so i am foliar feeding about once every 3-4 days. neem (einstein oil) is the best preventative you can have. dont even let pm or mites get started... i use dutchmater's saturator or sm90 as a wetting agent for my sprays.
with the foliar feeding i find i keep my ppms down in the res and it helps strech out the nutes. some of their additives can get pricey so it nice to not have to use them at full strenght. my nute solution never goes higher than 1.2-1.4 ec or about 1500 max ppms. some people take it to 2.0 with this line and kill it but i find i dont need to go that high to get great results.

Drip Clean and CalMag. Only 100% required products in my arsenal. The rest is all knowing how to grow and how to read plants.

Croptober

My new feed chart dabking and I created.

VEG
Week 1.
3 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
1 ml Algen Extract
0.5 ml Amino Treatment
3 ml Calmag

Week 2.
5 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
1 ml Algen Extract
1 ml Amino Treatment
3 ml Multizen
1 ml Calmag

Week 3.
5 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
1 ml Algen Extract
1.5 ml Amino Treatment
3 ml Multizen
1 ml Calmag

Week 4.
6 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
1 ml Algen Extract
1.5 ml Amino Treatment
3 ml Multizen
2 ml Calmag

FLOWER

Week 1.
7 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
2 ml Amino Treatment
3 ml Multizen
2 ml Calmag

Week 2.
7 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
2 ml Amino Treatment
3 ml Multizen
2 ml Calmag
2 ml Rock Resinator

Week 3.
7 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
3 ml Bud XL
2 ml Calmag
3 ml Rock Resinator
2 ml Liquid Carboload

Week 4.
8 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
0.5 ml Roots Excelurator
3 ml Bud XL
2 ml Calmag
4 ml Rock Resinator
3 ml Liquid Carboload

Week 5.
8 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
3 ml Bud XL
5 ml Top Booster
2 ml Calmag
4 ml Rock Resinator
3 ml Liquid Carboload

Week 6.
8 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
3 ml Bud XL
2 ml Top Shooter
2 ml Calmag
4 ml Rock Resinator
4 ml Liquid Carboload
2.5 g Shooting Powder

Week 7.
5 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
3 ml Bud XL
5 ml Top Shooter
1 ml Calmag
4 ml Rock Resinator
4 ml Liquid Carboload
3 g Shooting Powder

Week 8.
5 ml Soil A & B
0.4 ml Drip Clean
3 ml Bud XL
5 ml Top Shooter
3 ml Rock Resinator
4 ml Liquid Carboload
4 g Shooting Powder

EL ROBUSTO

Not sure if you saw this or not or does it make a difference?

attachment.php

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

anyone having luck just running cocos a/b and keeping an a steady ec of 1.2?

I used to run that and it did fine. Just as good as any quality coco nutrients. When I first got the nutrients I had to add some ph up because it came out acidic. After about a year it came out a perfect 5.8ph. Im still not sure if I just wasn't waiting long enough for the mix to settle on ph, or after time something fell out of the nutrient causing the ph to go up. But either way its a solid base that has everything u need to crush it. When I tried the whole lineup of additives it always reduced my yields.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure if you saw this or not or does it make a difference?

View Image

So what, Australia gets pH stabilizer and Trace and everyone else can go fuck a duck? :moon:

Just crackin' wise hehe. Also see Rhizo Force on the American website. Bloody Dutch and their antics.

O

Oti$

Had some of my best runs quality and yield using coco a &b or aqua flakes a&b @1.2ec no additives. I started buying aqua flakes bc I have some recirculating systems and some dtw systems. roots excel is the only additive that I see a noticeable difference when used.

spaceboy

Thanks for chiming in Oti$. Do you know about how many ml per gallon you using? It seems the sweet spot for me is about 5ml/gal, but i keep getting a defieciency of some sort when i put under hps. I think its mag, but if i add calmag it seems to make it worse. Thinking of just trying some epsom salts, as ive tried just bumping up to 6m of basel, but i start to see a little burn if i keep it there for too long.

Miraculous Meds

Thanks for chiming in Oti$. Do you know about how many ml per gallon you using? It seems the sweet spot for me is about 5ml/gal, but i keep getting a defieciency of some sort when i put under hps. I think its mag, but if i add calmag it seems to make it worse. Thinking of just trying some epsom salts, as ive tried just bumping up to 6m of basel, but i start to see a little burn if i keep it there for too long.

Check ur ph. Its probably a bit low. Try a few feeds at 6.0ph, then keep a solid 5.8ph.

O

Oti$

Check Ph and check your matter against some drops...if you have a meter, and I've found that if anything at all, I'd get a slight mag deficiency on maybe one or two Cal mag whores and just a pinch of epsoms would fix it @1tsp/5gal. h&g has plenty of calcium so adding call mag might throw ratios off causing lock outs. I'm about 4-6ml/gal depending on if I'm adding silica or moab or something. Some strains are hungry too and may need a little higher ec