What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai

tokinblackguy

Thanks for the updates tokin!

Any more news on the chocolate trip repro? I'm collecting pollen from a CT S1 at the moment that will be used to dust any CT F2s that make it over here :)

No problemo ng. No news on the CT f2's, but then again, I haven't really inquired about those. I kind of get stuck focusing on the strains that I really want and usually lose out on other great stuff but I generally feel pretty good about the choices I make. I don't have a chocolate strain in the collection yet so it does have my attention. IMO it would go real nice with Bubba or something with Bubba in it to speed up veg and stretch Bubba out some with a good chance of reinforcing that mocha/chocolate flavor that Bubba is known for. If anyone makes that cross, I want partial credit and some beans:biggrin:

I will get the lowdown from bodhi next time I chat with him and keep you guys posted. I don't want to pester him too much as he's quite busy right now; new baby, drops, harvest season, family, life in general. I can't thank him enough for taking time out to chat with me 1 on 1 but that's the kinda guy he is, so much respect for gents like him and Karma. They don't put themselves on a pedestal, show mutual respect for the average growschmoe like me and share knowledge and experience that actually answers your questions. Not to mention more than fair prices for stellar gear but I'm rambling and you' wanna know about the CT right? As soon as I have more info, so shall you, and everyone else that's interested and following.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Are there genetics legit.... i want that puna bad!!!!!!! Striking resemblance to blood.... worth riskin a few bucks if what i get is what is described

Cannavore

Veteran
Are there genetics legit.... i want that puna bad!!!!!!! Striking resemblance to blood.... worth riskin a few bucks if what i get is what is described

someone that grows that companys seeds says ordering from their website isnt always reliable. as in you might not get your shit. that places packs are cheap enough to roll the dice though.

what is blood?

Apomixis

I don't think so since Lemon Thai was bread by DF during the time that CW was in existence as far as I know.

Edit: My recollection was totally off on that one... it was not bred by DF, just reproduced!

I don't recall "Lemon Thai" being recognized as a strain until Dutch Flowers auction at CW. That's why the theory Bubba Kush(another strain originally recognized by the same community)is offspring has always seemed lazy to me...

Cannavore said:
someone that grows that companys seeds says ordering from their website isnt always reliable. as in you might not get your shit. that places packs are cheap enough to roll the dice though.
Lol, I don't know what's harder to believe: the fact Queijo is still in business, or that people are still falling for his con's. I guess fools and their money soon part.

-Kanza

neongreen

Veteran
IMO it would go real nice with Bubba or something with Bubba in it to speed up veg and stretch Bubba out some with a good chance of reinforcing that mocha/chocolate flavor that Bubba is known for. If anyone makes that cross, I want partial credit and some beans:biggrin:

I'm with you there tokin. It does sound like they would compliment each other very well. I have some Bubba S1s so it's a possibility once I get my indoor side of things up to speed. It might be a while though since I have a lot on my plate for the moment.

Cannavore

Veteran
I don't recall "Lemon Thai" being recognized as a strain until Dutch Flowers auction at CW. That's why the theory Bubba Kush(another strain originally recognized by the same community)is offspring has always seemed lazy to me...

Lol, I don't know what's harder to believe: the fact Queijo is still in business, or that people are still falling for his con's. I guess fools and their money soon part.

-Kanza

Yeh i have no idea about that company. I was surfing for a hawaiian line recently and came across the Puna.

neongreen

Veteran
Yeh i have no idea about that company. I was surfing for a hawaiian line recently and came across the Puna.

THSeeds used to sell a strain called Puna Budder. I got a couple of packs after someone praised it very highly, but a couple of years back I tried to germ some and none would germ. Still have over one and a half packs left and intend to make more seeds if I can get some to germ as well as find a male and a female.

Reeferman also did a strain called Royal Hawaiian. Got a pack of those too, but have yet to try them...

Cannavore

Veteran
THSeeds used to sell a strain called Puna Budder. I got a couple of packs after someone praised it very highly, but a couple of years back I tried to germ some and none would germ. Still have over one and a half packs left and intend to make more seeds if I can get some to germ as well as find a male and a female.

Reeferman also did a strain called Royal Hawaiian. Got a pack of those too, but have yet to try them...

I just got a bunch of authentic Molokai Frost that I'm excited about :biggrin:

TohrcnE.jpg

soopy

Veteran

-Kanza

Hola Kanza, did you ever get to try the LT sample I gave you at the HT cup in Santa Rosa? It was much more a Thai pheno than the other two phenos I grew out this summer and had a floaty, warm spacy sativa head.

I'm of the opinion that it is a Thai x Skunk or some other indi hybrid...the "lemon" in it reminds me of the lemon in SLH, not the OG or Jack's cleaner lemon. What are your thoughts on her possible lineage?

Some folks think that BK came from Lemon Thai? No flippin' way.....

Respect mang...

Good news from those still interested! Bodhi just confirmed these are a definite go and in the works as we speak.

"reboot in progress....

been selecting from a bunch of plants...

the new release will be two selected males from 3 packs of seeds wed to my sativa cut, ink's indy cut, a heavy thai cut, and a giant fast specimen. trying to cover all the bases with the best plants possible...

a11g will be rereleased using different parents...

and a chocolate trip f2 is in the works aswell...

new genius thai, space mountain...etc...

a11g and lemon thai hybs".

Get your trigger fingers ready folks.

is he releasing the lemon thai or just lemon thai hybrids?

Apomixis

Hola Kanza, did you ever get to try the LT sample I gave you at the HT cup in Santa Rosa? It was much more a Thai pheno than the other two phenos I grew out this summer and had a floaty, warm spacy sativa head.

I'm of the opinion that it is a Thai x Skunk or some other indi hybrid...the "lemon" in it reminds me of the lemon in SLH, not the OG or Jack's cleaner lemon. What are your thoughts on her possible lineage?

Some folks think that BK came from Lemon Thai? No flippin' way.....

Respect mang...
Hey Soopy, always nice hearing from you.

Yes, I did try your sample. It also reminded me of Super Lemon Haze but that's because they possess similar terpenes. So many strains, like the Jack Herer & Super Lemon Haze you mention, are identifiably high in terpinolene. I could list off several others as I'm of the opinion it's one of the more common in the (drug) genepool. There appears to be some correlating ratio to it's presence & Limonene in Western bred strains that together create the shades of lemon you refer to. Personally, you could blindfold me and put jars of Trainwreck, Williams Wonder, Dutch Treat, and Jack Herer under my nose and I'd be hard-pressed to tell which is which. When terpinolene & limonene combine, my nose drowns everything else out.

OGK, on the other hand, is more of a Limonene & Pinene blend that is noticeably different.

As for it's lineage, it would be remiss of me to speculate without having grown it. Am I inclined to believe it's a non-hybridized strain from Thailand? Of course not. Do the facts that a lot of Haze's share the same terpene profile & it came from a Dutch company inspire faith? Not really.

I'd be interested to learn the sum of Skunk #1's terpenes

-Kanza

neongreen

Veteran
Do the facts that a lot of Haze's share the same terpene profile & it came from a Dutch company inspire faith?

Despite the name, I don't think Dutch Flowers was Dutch. I think Dutch Flowers was chosen as the company/collective's name since it implies "Canabbis". That's just the impression I get...

soopy

Veteran
Hey Soopy, always nice hearing from you.

Yes, I did try your sample. It also reminded me of Super Lemon Haze but that's because they possess similar terpenes. So many strains, like the Jack Herer & Super Lemon Haze you mention, are identifiably high in terpinolene. I could list off several others as I'm of the opinion it's one of the more common in the (drug) genepool. There appears to be some correlating ratio to it's presence & Limonene in Western bred strains that together create the shades of lemon you refer to. Personally, you could blindfold me and put jars of Trainwreck, Williams Wonder, Dutch Treat, and Jack Herer under my nose and I'd be hard-pressed to tell which is which. When terpinolene & limonene combine, my nose drowns everything else out.

OGK, on the other hand, is more of a Limonene & Pinene blend that is noticeably different.

As for it's lineage, it would be remiss of me to speculate without having grown it. Am I inclined to believe it's a non-hybridized strain from Thailand? Of course not. Do the facts that a lot of Haze's share the same terpene profile & it came from a Dutch company inspire faith? Not really.

I'd be interested to learn the sum of Skunk #1's terpenes

-Kanza

Thank you for such a thoughtful response Kanza. I concur with the assessment of the terp profiles and it makes me wonder if those profiles and combinations are where a hybrid project should place it's sights...much the way Chimera has focused in terp profiles and ratios in his new crosses. THAT's where the magic lays and where thousands of years of breeding shine through. The nose knows, lol....

Thanks again man...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would agree that LT doesnt look particularly thai, and the terpene profile is maybe quite common on other cultivars, but the actual high of LT i found to be awsomely original and different. so clear that you could almost tell yourself that you werent wasted - but then you will realise you really are very high indeed. it wouldnt be to everyone's taste but it is certainly quite different to anything else ive smoked in 25 or so years.

i recently chatted to Bodhi and he also indicated to me that he would be making more LT seeds soon.

VG

B

bringyalungs

Years ago on C-bay a new-be posted some Dutch flowers Lemon Thai seeds for auction. Most on CW laughted and made fun of him (how could a new-be get Dutch Flowers seeds that no one else had?). No one would buy these seeds, so myself and Katsu Bluebird took a chance and purchased almost all the seed pack for just $60 a pack. I grew some out and still have about 500 f2's in my seed stash. Very special strain, it's fast, good output, great high and potent as hell. One of the best strains your'll ever grow.
Dutch Flowers did not make this strain but picked it up in Hawaii. They did selective breeding but never crossed it and kept the lines pure Hawaiian.

@Stash, you should definitely send some to the bay..not all...and split them up, send registered that way it's not all lost, would love to run these man, help the community out...bless

P.S.
check your pm's

Apomixis

Despite the name, I don't think Dutch Flowers was Dutch. I think Dutch Flowers was chosen as the company/collective's name since it implies "Canabbis". That's just the impression I get...

You very well could be right, I was jumping to conclusions. I'm sure some member(s) reading these pages knows the answer, perhaps they'll chime in.

-Kanza

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
It seems that Dutch Flowers was an elusive company known by the og's from all those Overgrow/Cannabis World auctions but they indeed had some very interesting genetics like this Lemon Thai, some Chocolate Thai also sourced in Hawaii, Nam Black, Haze#19 X Skunk or a vintage Skunk#1 circa 1979 as well sourced at the Sensi Smile shop in Amsterdam apart from other many hybrids like Blowfish and so on.

I don't reall know about DFs origin but would love to find more information though. There used to be another coffe shop in Holland called Dutch Flowers but I don't know if they were related to be honest.

Last edited:

neongreen

Veteran
They had quite a back catalog of strains, many of which I was unaware of till recently:

A-13 x C99
Apollo Trip
Big Hawaiian
Blowfish
Chocolate Thai
Chocolate Trip
Columbian Red
Durban Fig Widow
Fig Widow Queen
GHaze
GWS x WW
Green Napalm
Haze Skunk
Hindu Kush Special
Indigo Blue
Klingonberry
Lemon Thai
Metal Haze
Mighty Haze Candy
NL Haze x Durban
Nam Black
Oxygen 19
Peak 19 Special
Romberry Widow
Shiva Poison
Shiva Widow
Sugar Klingon
Uber Candy Haze
Venomberry
Vintage Skunk #1

From: http://en.**********.eu/database/breeder/Dutch_Flowers/

From what I have heard they were in no way related to the coffee shop of the same name.

soopy

Veteran
I remember reading somewhere, sorry it escapes me, that someone had a theory that the Bros. Grim might have had something to do with DF. Fwiw...

I'd love to see what some of their other wares produced. I'll be growing LT for the rest of my life, lol...

Latest posts

Latest posts