What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYC Diesel and Sour Diesel

leonard

Hi all,
I’m desperately in search for the NYC diesel Grapefruit pheno and the Sour Diesel citrus fruit pheno and would need some input..I know the topic has been brought already and I beleive OJD is still looking for the grapefruit pheno.
In 2006 -2007 I used to smoke a really tasty pheno of NYC diesel at the Damprink coffee shop during my trips to Amsterdam. It tasted amazing! like tangerine which leads me to believe it was the mandarina pheno but I ‘m not sure..the effect was nice , not so strong...average but quite heady..
I believe that during that time, the Damprink and Amnesia coffee shops carried that specific NYC pheno...which disapeared in 2007 and was replaced by a less tasty version..
I grew Soma’s NYC and only found a pheno that smelled fuelly but tasted more earthy than diesel.
In 2007 I once had the chance to taste an amazing weed at the Amnesia shop that tasted exactly like grapeftuit, truelly an amazing taste... The weed was labeled “East coast Sour Diesel” ..
In 2012 I acquired Chemdog and SourD ibl from Reservoir seeds..
They were both amazing, the chemdog had that particular Kush, dank smell while the SourD was more diesel, with a floral touch. The Sour D was finer and the effect was extremely strong... still have that pheno..
Now, I wander if the ECSD that tasted Grapefruit was maybe a cross of Soma’s NYC PHENO..
Where can I find a good representation of the ECSD ? Where do I have a chance to get the NYC “Mandarina” pheno and the grapefruit pheno? Please any suggestion appreciated..

Americangrower

Veteran
Soma still has the orange pheno mom I believe so his new seeds carry that. Also Lady Sativa Genetics - Sour Orange Diesel is available.
Soma's old stock was the grapefruit mom which he lost, Rez use them to start his ibl. So I would search for f2's of either of them from the 06/07 seeds.

Americangrower

Veteran
Oh you could also tryFrosted London dank genetics, they have or had crosses with Ghost og, blizzful wizzard, Chem D and true og x Sour D ibl

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all,
I’m desperately in search for the NYC diesel Grapefruit pheno and the Sour Diesel citrus fruit pheno and would need some input..I know the topic has been brought already and I beleive OJD is still looking for the grapefruit pheno.
In 2006 -2007 I used to smoke a really tasty pheno of NYC diesel at the Damprink coffee shop during my trips to Amsterdam. It tasted amazing! like tangerine which leads me to believe it was the mandarina pheno but I ‘m not sure..the effect was nice , not so strong...average but quite heady..
I believe that during that time, the Damprink and Amnesia coffee shops carried that specific NYC pheno...which disapeared in 2007 and was replaced by a less tasty version..
I grew Soma’s NYC and only found a pheno that smelled fuelly but tasted more earthy than diesel.
In 2007 I once had the chance to taste an amazing weed at the Amnesia shop that tasted exactly like grapeftuit, truelly an amazing taste... The weed was labeled “East coast Sour Diesel” ..
They were both amazing, the chemdog had that particular Kush, dank smell while the SourD was more diesel, with a floral touch. The Sour D was finer and the effect was extremely strong... still have that pheno..
Now, I wander if the ECSD that tasted Grapefruit was maybe a cross of Soma’s NYC PHENO..
Where can I find a good representation of the ECSD ? Where do I have a chance to get the NYC “Mandarina” pheno and the grapefruit pheno? Please any suggestion appreciated..

It was soma's. No fruity or anything anywhere in Sourdiesel other than a very slight lemon in some. It's sours and diesel fuel very funky.

leonard

American grower, will try to get a hand on these genetics..
From what I gathered these seed banks also sell mandarin based crosses: Dinafem,Sweetseeds . It looks like the mandarina cut is still ou there in Spain. I should check out Spain based seeders.. haven’t found much..

40AmpstoFreedom, yes it makes sense that it was Soma’s grapefruit , best taste ever.. hope someone will release something similar soon..
I keep searching...
Also don’t know if it’s worth trying Humbolt Sour Diesel,, my top plant for the last decade is Rez’ Sour diesel ibl , i’m worried I may be disappointed .. nothing that I’ve smoked in the last 10 years got close to my Sour D in taste and effect .. 5 tokes and you’re paralysed..the taste is unique but I’m getting a bit bored.. gotta try something new...
Thank you guys for you input.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yes, they still have that cut of soma nycd in Spain. I heard that dr. greenthumb has great representation of SourD in seeds. just heard it though :D

leonard

Cool Maha Kala, I’m gonna check if I can score Dr.Greenthumb’s Sourd but my regular seedshop doesn’t carry its genetics

S

sourpuss

Hi all,

Dunno if it helps or if it even related lol. I got a bag of diesel back around then. 2007 ish. Still remember that bag due to the quality. Was that euphoric good times type of weed. Was grapefruit dominate flavour but had the usual og and gas. Weird that i still remember this shit. Anyway the dealer was adamant that the weed was called diesel cause i remember seeing diesel on the bag and takin a whiff and right away i said sour diesel?
Funny im on the other side of the world but could almost be sure we are talkin about the same strain or even the same clone.

Dont think there was any diesel seed lines back then. Or real ones. Pretty sure was clone. Gotta be that shaq diesel.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
American grower, will try to get a hand on these genetics..
From what I gathered these seed banks also sell mandarin based crosses: Dinafem,Sweetseeds . It looks like the mandarina cut is still ou there in Spain. I should check out Spain based seeders.. haven’t found much..

40AmpstoFreedom, yes it makes sense that it was Soma’s grapefruit , best taste ever.. hope someone will release something similar soon..
I keep searching...
Also don’t know if it’s worth trying Humbolt Sour Diesel,, my top plant for the last decade is Rez’ Sour diesel ibl , i’m worried I may be disappointed .. nothing that I’ve smoked in the last 10 years got close to my Sour D in taste and effect .. 5 tokes and you’re paralysed..the taste is unique but I’m getting a bit bored.. gotta try something new...
Thank you guys for you input.

I would give the Humboldt a try and Karma's Headbanger as well. I have a feeling you would love headband crosses. Especially 818 Headband x SFV.

leonard

Hey Sourpuss, yes we probably talking about similar crosses or clone( was too pure to be a cross) ...the taste of that at the Amnesia was the best hand down...
Want it soo bad...

OakyJoe tks for the info. I’m not around these countries atm but will keep that in mind. There must be someone who bred something close to that particular DAMPRING NYCD..

40AmpstoFreedom, will definitely try Humbolt genetics. Interested to see how their sd genetics differs from my SD IBL

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
from description of sour diesel 2 from humboldt seeds, I got impression its kind of headband as piney and earthy is not typical for sourD.. but what I know??

leonard

Yep, hard to tell. Must grow it to know I guess..I already have what I believe is the SourD chemdog representation as it is very close to my old Chemdog ibl.. I’m definitely not after something piney earthy but more hazy, citrus with floral notes. One of the SD ibl pheno I got was more on the citrus side but lost it...
Cali connection also have a Sour Diesel strain, I should give it a try too...

weneedlove

I smoked lots of that NYCD from Dampkring between 2003 and 2006. It was the best and some people seem to have almost lost their mind trying to get that flavor from seed. Apparently that magic just doesnt carry on to the offspring so easy... The closest thing I have got was Ice Cool from Sweet Seeds. I am sure with some pheno hunting and dialling in you can get something truly amazing and very close to the original. In a four pack there were three very nice phenos that I found incredibly satisfying to smoke. Even if this is not the end of your search, it will give you a well deserved break, but beware when pheno hunting, there is a disgusting pheno that nobody wants to smoke;)

Corsaire

Veteran
Hi,

I also smoked the NYCD at Dampkring a long time ago (citrus/fruity, the same weed was also available at Maastricht) but I never found another NYCD that was getting closer, and it's not for lack of testing many so-called hype clones (Mandarina, BBM, Soma, and more)... the best way to find something like that is to recreate it yourself with other strains, like C99 x SD e.g, it could give similar results after some work (it depends of the parents of course)... ;)

Good luck in your search... :)

Vibzzz... :tiphat:

leonard

What up guys,

Weneedlove , will give Icecool a try and see if I can get those phenos.. the fuckedup one shouldn't be hard to spot, thanks for the tip..
It'll be more than happy to find something that gets close to that legendary NYCD pheno..
to my memory, it was citrus ,berry fruity with some diesel.. perfect cocktail, way above anything except that damn fucking Ecsd sold at the Amnesia with the unreal grapefruit taste...

Corsaire, sad to hear that you didn' t find that strain, may be somewhere. let's hope..
Crossing to recreate the nycd may be a good idea..
I've got a killerqueen ( carries C99 genes) ....easy grow , 60days broad leafy plant, superb smell in bloom.. honey, pinapple ,sweet taste...thought about crossing it with my SourD but the KQ is too weak in effect and resin production..SD is way above.. gotta find its match..and try a cross..

Latest posts

Latest posts