What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks Bona Fortuna! :tiphat:

Cannot wait! Hope smoke is killer, looking at the weight of dried buds, I'm afraid this is going to be my worst run ever... I doubt I'll reach 0.5gpw.

Sadly the panama didn't make it. :nono:

A fem freebie Kali China went in as replacement.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Well... I dropped on the herborizer a BB #2 "popcorn" bud plus the finger picked hash collected while trimming the BB #1 and Kalichakra and...

WOW... it's been some years since I tasted/experienced something this great (back to my first grow)! :greenstars:

Silky smooth, I was able to palate the wonderful, and incredibly powerful aftertaste for 10 minutes at least... :woohoo: it can only get better with curing.

Intend cobbing some too...

Taste is hard to describe, on inhale something like a non existant, fermented, citrusy fruit, on exhale is hazey and spicy (pepper like). Aftertaste is a mix of both minus the hazey touch, more citrusy-peppery lemongrass. This is one of the most refined but penetrant haze aromas I've ever tasted. The outrageous smell lingers in the air for hours!

Have to admit I was kind of dissapointed with the overall yield, but if its this quality... I'm more than happy!!!!

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just jarred BB #1 lower, BB #2 and Kalichakra.

I'm afraid BB #2 dried too much for my tastes :bashhead: Kalichakra moisture was perfect but low for cobbing, but... BB #1 lower part has great chances of going into a cob :woohoo: (still measuring moisture).

BB #2 Filled a 1L mason jar
BB #1 Lower filled 1/2 of 1L Mason jar
Kalichakra filled a 2L Mason jar.

Cannot weight right now, will post when able but figures will be ridiculous. I suspect BB #1 and Kalichakra have starved for water, I can't understand why they develop such tiny buds, rest of parameters being equal for the rest of plants...

They looked too "consumed", and some leaves while being pale green were brittle... too close to the HPS I'm afraid?;

Even being more on the sativish side buds are rather fluffy... truth it's in the smoke though, and so far the test has been awesome, so I put the blame on me, not the strain.

I suspect problem being pot size, will use 5.5L pots next time for plants from seed unless anyone chimes in and advise on bigger ones... will leave 3.2L pots only for clones going to flower, and will 5.5L this time to flower BB #2 and Kalichakra clones again.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Meanwhile in the vegging tent...

Seedlings had stretched madly, I had not noticed one of the PLLs, the one just on top of them, went bad (in less than two months?!?).

Another one went in, vegging tent:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 23

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Vape tests

After some sample and vape testing, it's obvious BB #2 packs serious potency.

Right now I feel an "undeveloped high", yet as it's not cured:My vision is enhanced as if reality "brightness" had been "turned up a handful notches", feel in a particularly good and sociable mood, and cannot stop doing chores without noticing.

Basically, you find yourself realizing "I'm high" when you stop to think on it, but otherwise are fully operative and "in the zone". Effects are long lasting for the size of the vaped sample (0.5g), 3-4 hours. It can only get better!

Kalichakra is a completely different effect and taste from what I had experienced in the past. Not as powerful as BB #2, but definitely not on the wimpy side, and its hazey aroma makes me go nuts!

Krystalica #2 is particularly tasty, too undeveloped-muddy high yet, potency I'd say is around 60-70% of the rest.

After jarring, I realized all are in the perfect spot in terms of humidity, 70% max, some were drying for 2 weeks, some for more than 1 week, so definitely, a slow drying and cure as it should be!

Tangwena's Malawi-style cobbing
BB #1 lower was almost 80% moist, it was perfect for cobbing:

18,5g were firmly packed and rolled using parchment paper (corn husks preferred)

attachment.php

Vacced:

attachment.php

It has been submerged in water on a yoghurt maker for 36 hours.

After that, I have stored it (straight from the yoghurt maker, w/o unsealing it yet) on a warm place (behind TV :biggrin: ) for at least a week for fermentation to take place. I'll be unsealing then to test the process, letting it dry a little, then resealed for slow-curing 3 weeks at least.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Big ups!

Yield only matters if you intend on selling.

Thanks Bona Fortuna! :tiphat: well... To an extent, you want the electricity you pay for to yield as max as possible :biggrin:

But I'm happy, both BB #2 & Kalichakra turned out (specially BB #2) the kind of high I love.

I suspect it was my fault also, let's see on the second run on these clones.

willing for that month to end to test the cob!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Jarred Krystalica #3, the most productive of them, well developed nugs, the most resin content and wonderful aroma. 43g. #1 was 30g, #2 37g (wonderful aroma)

BB #1 top was jarred too, so far the most yielding and appealing one, have yet to gauge potency and high. 45g total (yield winner).

Ice cool 18g.

Have yet to weight BB #2 and Kalichakra, but doubt they'll pass the 40g mark, so... guess gpw will be around 0.7. Definitely, bigger pots next time.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I'm going to set up a second flowering tent and start sowing more seeds, spreading them between both tents. Hopefully that will bring me more "flowering management" margin given the kind of gear I'm going to run (sativas).

In the meanwhile, I moved BB #2, #1, Kalichakra and Krystalica #3 clones from the veg tent to the flowering tent, light cycle set to 20/6.

Will veg them some, then take clones again for mom duty from BB #2 as I have only one cut, and it has woody stems already. Put both Kristalica #3 cuts, will be sowing more, no mom to be kept.

Kept a Kalichakra and BB #1 clones at main vegging tent.

Using 6x11W Screw In LEDs (SILs from now on) for vegging. As I wired them to be able to place standalone SIL to supplement specific colas, had to rig a pvc sheet in order to build a quick n dirty "hood":

attachment.php

Intend to use SILs + COBs for that second flowering tent, maybe full SILs. One thing is clear, if I reach 70% Terpene or Blynx results I'll be using SILs more and more for everything, vegging and flowering.

Attachments

• IMG_4024.jpg
    IMG_4024.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
My first attempt at cobbing, Beyond the Brain #1 lower buds sweated 36h @ 40C, fermented for 7 days:

Thought Canary bud light purple color transferred from the wool tie I used, but after opening it to grind it, I stated it was actually a sugar leave that got that funky neon hue.

picture.php

Letting canary bud to dry, will go to the herborizer ASAP! :biggrin:

Cob (will use sushi rolling mat next time)

picture.php
picture.php

Letting it dry. It's humid but not too much. I loosely rewrapped it to let it dry more slowly.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Awwww... smell when unsealing the cob was out of this world... now I understand Tangwena :) lemony-mangoey schweeet! No hints of ammonia neither strong acetic tones on this one.

Original buds
picture.php

@ Cobbing time: 18g @ 83% RH

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Been reviewing my other grow threads, going to switch back to canna coco A+B instead of h34d formula for coco using Jungle Juice Micro + Bloom.

Been thinking, this has been my worst grow ever, 400HPS, 290gr. It's too much for my 80x80x1,60 tent, no matter the cooled hood, lots of curled up and brittle leaves... in winter!

I always managed to get close or even more than 1gpw, be it a 600W HPS, HML...

So this run is going to be different. Will grow using Screw In LEDs this time on my current 80x80x1,60 flowering tent. I have an HML and even CXA3070 COBs, but as Da Vinci would say, Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication.

Additionally, HPS won't be useable once the winter is over to grow on the shed. I'm getting possibly a Homebox XL (1.2mx1.2mx2m), where the HPS 400, HML (210W) and 4x CXA3070 (200W) will go, that will be on a different spot.

Will use this "octopus wiring" I made, each socket getting a 3x1 SIL "multiplier". This will make for a very flexible arrangement: goal is to have 6 plants, each with a "dedicated" 3xSIL array, (or even 1x4 or 1x5) on top.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have 11W 2300K, 13W 6500K (philips) and 15W 5000K (mili leutchten 6364) SIL bulbs.

18 bulbs total. Total power thus will be around or slightly below 30watts per sq feet, just as Terpene does. Call it sustainable growing... I grow for my self and want the upmost quality at the cheapest, or more reasonable cost; electricity it's not cheap at all here. Been told LEDs and Sativas don't mix, but seeing Terpene's results... if I reach 2/3 of his results I'll consider it a stunning success.

Even not being technically a micro grow, given my vertical space, and in order to homogeinize bud quality, will be trying to emulate blynx and his impressive plant shaping skills to achieve level, horizontal canopies:

picture.php

The octopus + SIL multipliers provide impressive flexibility:

If there are just 4 small plants at a given moment, I'l be able to light just those octopus "arms" being used by unscrewing the rest.

Adjusting to different plant height will be also easy, as each octopus arm could be set indepently.

Experimenting with different SIL temp colors or powers will be a snap, i.e. If a plant gets too stretchy, I can swap bulbs 1x2300K + 2x6500K as I wish.

And if I don't use any bulbs, they'll be used at home, so... a win-win approach.

Sooo, in a nutshell:

- Will switch to Canna Coco A+B
- All SILs
- Bigger pots. Used 3.2L past grow (less than 1gal), will use 7 or 11L (about 3gal) this time. BB #2 and Kalichakra actually bulged out the pot noticeably!
- netless SCROG by crunch and train ala Blynx style.

Attachments

• 3x1SIL2.jpg
    3x1SIL2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 21
  • 3x1SIL.jpg
    3x1SIL.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update:

BB #2, BB#1 and Kalichakra clones were repotted to 3,2L (1gal) pots, and training started, vegging under 6x 3200K 11W philips SILs.

Once BB #2 has proper shoots will take some clones as I only had one.

attachment.php

Let's see how this monstercropping experiment turns out (cuts were taken 2nd week in flower), they're still revegging, all have (frosted!) preflowers.

Vegging tent: ACE seedlings, just sowed a couple violeta regulars not seen in the picture, so I'm going with

6 regulars (2 each: Nepal Jam, Zamaldelica and Violeta)
3 feminized: Tai Chi, Guawi and Kali China.

Will possibly run BB #1 and #2, Kalichakra and the fem ACE's in current flowering tent, girls from regulars will go to the HomeBox XL, plus Satori / Mandala #1 girls that will be sown as soon as they reach here, aiming for 6-9 plants there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kalichakra just said her first "Hello World"...

Was the fastest getting drier and has turned out as the first to be felt as "ripe" smoke. Opened the jar and a delicious aroma punched me, so had to test.

Definititely, class #1 smoke: Sandalwood, Spicy & a Hazy aroma that drives me nuts. Wants you keep smoking and smoking just for the taste.

High is starting to get "definition" and loving it: giggles, positivity... hope to find even better phenos, or make this one yield proportionally to its size.

Buds were "airy", but turned out rather tight after a first cure, and are the kind that increases volume when grinded. To sticky pure incense that even after grinding feels kind of woody, not "herbal".

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Bona Fortuna! truth is right now is my favourite.

A little stoney as not enough curing yet, but delicious to smoke. Have one vegging being LST'd, intended to flip into flower really soon.

May be a keeper, is a fast growing, and rooting plant. Revegged without issues.

BB #1 I'm wondering. Plant wise is a great plant, fast, hardy, the fastest rooting and flowering, great leaf ratio, wonderful colors and aroma. A wonderful plant for SOG, and probably LST too. Have also one being LST'd vegging.

Only "problem" is unless it's a creeper, I felt close to nothing regarding potency.

Will wait for some properly cured nug testing, and of course... the cob!

BB #2 seems to pack the highest potency. Even needing time to cure, potency is instantly felt, though being felt as "green", needs to develop, right now basically you feel the "brain constantly being reset" uncured potent sativa feel, plus vision is greatly enhanced, colors get more saturation, contrast, definition...

Have lots of seeds I want to pop in my quest for sativas, from the krystalicas only #3 is vegging, Will give away the rest or cull them (something I would prefer not to!).

Tested it yesterday and while Kalichakra #3 doesn't have raw potency, it certainly hits, I found it's great for concentration when vaped, I can hitch to a tedius task for hours and even enjoy it, while being able to concentrate on a higher than average level. Vegging both clones to be flowered in SOG, depending on how things develop I will take a clone of it prior to flower.

Update on the grow
I replaced my Philips 11W (2700K) for 6x not so known german brand 15W 5000K @ 8€ until I receive the E27 multipliers to rise light intensity a bit (only 6 sockets right now, went from 66W to 90W).

Here in EU a good price for Philips corepro 60 11-13W line is around 4-5€ each, the colder, the more expensive usually.

picture.php

picture.php

vs a Philips:

picture.php

Quality wise the philips win, no doubt about it. German bulb don't look bad, but LED and PCB quality differences are obvious IMO.

Don't know how this SILs will turn out (given the higher price), as they have 2x the LED chip count of the philips, should have lower wattage chips and hence less light penetration even being a higher wattage bulb.

That's a point I tried to make, it's not the overall wattage of the bulb what dictates how hard a SIL will hit the canopy, the LED chip number counts too.

They look like great SILs for a veg tent, let's see how they turn out.

What I have noticed today while watering is a noticeable difference in stem thickness (way thicker) vs the previous HPS run.

Before

picture.php

After

picture.php

I didn't compensate light temp in white balance to show real life color.

One thing is for sure, they feel twice as powerful in terms of light intensity! just by the camera shutter speed can be inferred that light intensity is substantially higher.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Today also switched to

20/80% tap / rain water
2ml/L Canna A+B

That puts EC around 1.4EC, the funniest thing is PH of the rain water was similar to the tap, around PH8. But for first time in my life, after adding A+B PH went straight to 5.8, no need to add PH-... puzzled.

Have used Canna Coco A+B in the past with distilled water (AC) and don't remember PH were so close.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Grow update

ACE gear in the tent actually loved the change! they're lush, beefier and grew a couple nodes!

Funny how different Zamaldelicas are... you can tell just by looking at the leaves shape and colors, their veins seem to be airbrush painted instead of having a 3D shape. All the rest are lush green, but Zamaldelicas look different?

I topped all of them, I'm after horizontal, even canopies.

Cob
Argh... reached for the curing cob to unseal and sniff and found it had lost vacuum! :bashhead:

Good news is there's no mold at all.

It hasn't dried too much, it feels moist on the inside, cob is pliable and soft. Hope enough for the curing to keep going.

Today, checked at 9 days fermenting:
picture.php

Just after the initial sweat stage:
picture.php

Macros:

picture.php

picture.php

I took all required measures to ensure color rendition. Sadly there's little to do with icmag's maximum picture file size, even having them 1024x1024 @110k isn't enough for a good macro, my images get resized and sharpness killed.

Latest posts

Latest posts