What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blueberry...very disappointed

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I don't usually do indoor hybrids but blueberry sounds special.

Who has the best affordable version of it? Close to the orignal if possible. Dutch Passion?

KaYa-mon

Bleuberry

Bleuberry

A lot, but when you searching for any available i quess the ones from Apeorigen is closest.

I don't usually do indoor hybrids but blueberry sounds special.

Who has the best affordable version of it? Close to the orignal if possible. Dutch Passion?

thejact55

some pics from my DJ run.
sticky berry stinkin males too.

Attachments

• 20180219_050810.jpg
    20180219_050810.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180315_194357.jpg
    20180315_194357.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20180315_194617.jpg
    20180315_194617.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180325_170120.jpg
    20180325_170120.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20180315_194502.jpg
    20180315_194502.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180325_175045.jpg
    20180325_175045.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180222_195617.jpg
    20180222_195617.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180222_195706.jpg
    20180222_195706.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 37

Emil Muzz

Dutch Passion bought DJ's stock to breed from. But they froze DJ out of the breeding and chose the plants to work with. So DJ's stock but Dutch Passions breeding.

I have one at the moment and it is fairly smelly (oranges, mangoes and blueberries) and healthy. Though it got ever so slightly root bound and auto flowered, hopefully now it's up-potted it'll return to veg again.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
F2 would probably be the best (affordable) option. DJ bred his strains to make you feel good, not a lot of breeders have this as their number one priority. I bet some have just bred towards a blueberry smell and look + potency.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
I grew cocoa kush,flo and azure haze.
I used to have 2 excellent cuts of flo,different phenos. I found nothing remotely similar in my seed pack, low resin coverage both females from a ten pack, all the rest male or non sprouters. Same with cocoa kush, poor germ rate, low/no appeal plants and mostly males. Azure haze better germ rate but every female was hermy under good conditions. Been growing herb indoors for 18 years, and in general for much longer.
Now I'll only bother buying crosses from DJs stuff that has come from his cuts or others who have done the selection work to find parents, because at the price, freshness and general availability of these seeds to me, it isn't worth it.
I've tried getting a response with regards my poor experiences from anyone involved with DJ without any luck unfortunately.

Miraculous Meds

DJ bred his strains to make you feel good, not a lot of breeders have this as their number one priority. I bet some have just bred towards a blueberry smell and look + potency.

These two sentiments are spot on.

I grew cocoa kush,flo and azure haze.
I used to have 2 excellent cuts of flo,different phenos. I found nothing remotely similar in my seed pack, low resin coverage both females from a ten pack, all the rest male or non sprouters. Same with cocoa kush, poor germ rate, low/no appeal plants and mostly males. Azure haze better germ rate but every female was hermy under good conditions. Been growing herb indoors for 18 years, and in general for much longer.
Now I'll only bother buying crosses from DJs stuff that has come from his cuts or others who have done the selection work to find parents, because at the price, freshness and general availability of these seeds to me, it isn't worth it.
I've tried getting a response with regards my poor experiences from anyone involved with DJ without any luck unfortunately.

Hey whats up CO, been a while buddy. Your experience is typical of the people that share bad experiences thru purchasing from seed co.'s. Simply put Dj does not stock any of these co.'s, and the only way to get true from the source genetics is from his hands or from clubs he drops them at. Any other source isn't verified, and may be real, fake, f2's, or who knows, and who knows age, how they were treated, etc... So to have a bad experience from a club or from his hands, and im quite sure you could talk it over with either and get treated fair. You (just guessing here, likely did business with another source, so dj has no affiliation or no way of making right which wasn't in his hands, just cause his brand is on the ad or seed pack you bought.

Now that said, I do consider dj's stuff heirloom ibl. He didn't breed focused on high thc or flavor. The effect was the bottom line. Being an ibl, vigor and other traits aren't the best, so out crosses will always be more vigorous in general.

Im not sure if ive mentioned it here, but Dj is working some new stuff as well. I know hes working with some f4 mothers, blue moon shine, and happy pussy. The fx1 (Newberry), at 7 weeks had more berry flavor than any other dj variety I think ive tried.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350880

Wendull C.

Veteran
I saw plants that were supposed to be vanillaluna. I bought a couple packs from a vendor in so cal that got em straight from Dj. The plants that were sent to my buddy from the seed bank wete knock offs. Not even close to what came out if the packs bought in cali. Not in structure, smell, or any other way.

Caveat emptor! I probably spelled that wrong, but i dont give a shit....

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
Cheers for the reply and pm MM
I know for sure the seeds I grew are definitely 'legit',they were obtained through seedsman via another seedbank who has a forum here and who I have had around 15 years of excellent experiences with. I have also seen and had experiences growing fake dj seed which came from plantasur, as well as fake djshort,spice of life and chimera seeds from a vendor who used to have a link to this site and who started his own seed selling site...and it was obvious to me from the packaging alone those seeds were fake. I think there may be a pic of the seed packs in my album here sitting on a copy of djs book.
I was expecting low germ rates and caveat emptor was assumed on that front, but the quality of the plants is what let me down, especially as I had such high hopes based on my experiences with the 'flo'(s) I had before. I now wonder whther those cuttings perhaps came from sagamarthas 'flow' or the DP 'original flo'

with all that said I would definitely try seed direct from DJ or his organisation, but due to my geography I don't see it happening anytime soon

G

growhigh1233

imo from a European point of view the disappointment here comes when people in Europe buy dj shorts with the rose tinted view of blueberry they have already tried in the past ..... which is almost guaranteed to have been a pheno of Dutch passions offering..they expect that flavour ! smell! and potency! ...........but get something very different ..iv grown over 80 seeds of Dutch passion and about 30 or 40 dj shorts ..............and only found 1 plant i deem worthy of keeping long term!..........so that tells you the sort of numbers needed to find greatness............. i sorta agree that its better in cross's orrr f2's and grow 100 seeds plus ....that said dj shorts is pretty homogeneous with little variation......... Dutch passions is much more of a crap shoot, with every plant been different, butt that said.......... my 1 keeper came from dutch passion regulars

DJ intends his strains to be grown in soil. If you do it in hydro, results can be poor. I think these plants may be susceptible to Ph swings, and over-feeding is a constant problem. These babies feed lightly.

I use soil and organic fertilizers, which are hard to overfeed. I have a small grow of DJ F2s going right now, Blueberry, Flo (personal favorite), and F13 x Blueberry (home-made cross that was killer last time I tried it). I'd post a pic if I knew how. Nothing special, but the plants are all healthy at two days into 13/11.

All of the DJ strains I've grown, BB, Flo, Grape Krush, and F13, were very uniform in size and shape and ripening. If you were going to try only two strains, I'd recommend Flo and BB.

You don't find out what's really special about DJ's strains until you smoke or vape some of it. I wish I could find F13 again and Cocoa Kush, but all the seed sellers seem to be out of stock on them.