What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scotts-Miracle grow buys Gavita and Botanicare

guineapig

Veteran
Wasn't Gavita originally a Russian company that explored the possibility of growing food in space with the bulbs with the built-in reflectors, or did I imagine all of this scenario?

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

I don't use GH products, I don't use Gavita lights, and I don't grow with Botanicare products- even though I like their ebb and flow tables, the prices are ridiculous imo.

I also don't drink Budweiser or Coke, eat McDonalds, drive a Ford, wear Levis, buy my food from Piggly Wiggly, or play corporate consumer - whenever possible.

someone's on a pretty high horse, cool story you told it :tiphat:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
someone's on a pretty high horse, cool story you told it :tiphat:

:laughing:

Someone typed a bunch of false bullshit on the internet, got called out, threw a tantrum, deleted it like a cat hiding shit in the sandbox, and then decided to criticize others as a distraction to their ignorance.

You nailed it!

Now excuse me; I gotta put on my 501s, grab a Coke, hop in my F150 and eat a Big Mac.

kakaman

OMG AGAIN WITH PEOPLE LYING ABOUT AUMA AND PROP 64 WITH THE SILLY MONSANTO SCARE TACTICS
eric-cartman-how-do-i-reach-these-kids.jpg
GIVE IT A REST NO ONE BELIVES YOU.

HiFiGanja

You clearly didn't read the thread.

Monsanto isn't buying up companies in the industry.

They license a product (Roundup aka Glyphostate) to a company (Scott's), which owns a subsidiary Hawthorne, whcih has been buying up industry related suppliers.

This is not the same as Monsanto buying up companies in the industry.

Some of the stupidity about Scott's buying out hydro companies with good established brands its quit interesting.

When they bought out GH I'd have certain people come to my store and ask. Hey did Monsanto change the GH formula yet. I'd tell them to their face they idiots.

HiFiGanja

Wasn't Gavita originally a Russian company that explored the possibility of growing food in space with the bulbs with the built-in reflectors, or did I imagine all of this scenario?

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

The original Gavita bulbs were made in Russia and some East EU countries but I think they were always from Netherlands. I don't want to get too much into it only thing I don't live about Gavita is I heard the prices between what Canadian pay and what certain people pay in the US is quite a bit of a difference. ALso they are really pushing hard on their Gavita bulbs and the price is way higher then the Phillips Green 600 and 1000W bulbs.

Bongstar420

Look. You promote capitalism. You believe you are entitled to ownership and control because you have money. This is what you get. We can keep capitalism, but without restrictions on the rich, we will always end up with oligopolies and monopolies. We will always be subjugated by the rich...

The Cannabist is promoting many things that lend them selves to big business. I gather they want that privilege or they would promote products that cannot easily be produced on large scale and they would oppose branding like snoop dog weed. A big thing that the "community" is into now is extract without even considering that is the easiest thing for fat cats to capture. They think it will make an easy win for them, but the lower the bar, the easier it will be for fat cats with immense capital leveraging.

Shit just got real. Real scary.

By Alicia Wallace, The Cannabist Staff

Scotts Miracle-Gro is hiking its holdings in hydroponics.
The lawn-and-garden giant — helmed by a CEO who sees legal marijuana as a billion-dollar opportunity — shelled out $136 million for Gavita, a Dutch grow lighting and hardware company, and on Monday inked a deal to buy Arizona-based Botanicare, a plant nutrient and hydroponics products provider that notched about $40 million in sales, Scotts Miracle-Gro officials said Wednesday...

Full story:http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/08/04/scotts-miracle-gro-marijuana-hydroponic/60229/

Fuck homies. It's happening.

Exactly what they want you to do. You do the heavy lifting then they come in with piles of unearned wealth (money they didn't work for but took as profits off other people's work) and buy you out. Now they got a great deal. Profits with less heavy lifting.

i cant wait to see all the people bashing gh start backpedaling when they find out all their grow lights are also owned by scott...