What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Dave.. forgive me.. isnt there a little over with N ?... very intense green to be in a so advanced flowering phase..

dont mind at me.. I am only gelous :biggrin:

Nice to hear from you CT. I am a little unconventional..perhaps. Ive been growing this line for years now, and any time Ive cut off N too early, I lose fan leaves left and right, bud formation suffers greatly, and finish time LENGTHENS. Yes lengthen, not shorten.(Seen this occur with many other lines too).

Now if I go overboard on nutrients, my buds get much leafier with tons of small single bladed leaves jutting out of the buds, and takes longer to finish properly as well.

I feel like Ive come fairly close to nailing this one on the head. Bud formation looks great, very strong smell, no more white pistils to be seen, and calyxes are quite swoll. Even a touch of fox-tailing at the pinnacle of the bud. :biggrin:

Although according to EC/PPM measurements Ive been taking every other day, I could have harvested her at day 56 as she didn't take up nutrients again for a full week. Then she began feeding again, which is why Im doing a secondary harvest on her. I want the lowers to fill out more since she's taking up nutrients again.

Besides the magic happens in the cure, imo. No amount of flushing or cutting off nutrients early will suddenly make Chlorphyll in your buds disappear. They'll still be green come the chop. Its the breakdown of chloro, starches, etc during the cure process that provides the smooth smoke were all seeking.

A couple pics of the top cola harvested last night right after lights came on.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
That Shit is looking fantastic man

I hope she smokes fantastic too man! Although not the strongest around, the highs really mirror whatever mood Im in. If I want to veg out and relax, its great. If I need a pick me up before work to get me in the mood, it'll do that too.

Although she kinda does have an unsightly blemish on her foxtail. That little green leaf completely out of place is the result of just a hair too much N. I think that popped up when she stopped taking up nutrients, and the Osmocote continued to release nutrients into the media. This is a sure-fire sign for anyone wondering if they're over-feeding during flowering. If you see those little leaves pop up, reduce N levels immediately.

Anyone else had plants bleed red when topped before? Ive got a HazeSkunk F2 of Sam's that bled heavily for me yesterday after topping. This trait comes from the HazeSkunk I thought(I called an F1 Mom Ruby Red because her sap was the color of rubies), but Ive also had Mr. Nice Shit(Skunk) bleed purple when topped sometimes. Not sure what genetics in this cross influence it, or maybe both sides too. Maybe its the Columbian in both haze and Skunk thats responsible...hmmm. Its a fun thing to see though but when it dries, it looks like an ugly scab. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
That looks like shit man....just kidding your killing it as usual...thanks for taking the time to update like you do a lot of us appreciate it. Peace sdd

Too bad she doesn't smell like it too! She's a nice mix of the sweet/fruity side of Skunk with the funkier side mixed in, but not all out funk like Im looking for again. No nanners though yet though either. If she can make the second harvest with none popping up, ill be pretty happy.

Im glad you and others appreciate the updates. I wish I had time to do more, but after working all day, Ill come home and spend anywhere from 1-3 hours with the plants with little time to unwind for myself let alone make updates. So I try to make the updates half-way worthwhile :biggrin:

I wish medical or recreational would spread further to the SE USA. Progress is slow moving here. One of the few times, I would be open to liberal 'progress'.

sdd420

Veteran
In 2016 hopefully a few more states go legal .....soon every state will follow maybe by 2020 it will snowball ya know? I'll be pissed if we don't do it in 2016 in Cali peace sdd

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips D Day 42 Flowering Update

Afropips D Day 42 Flowering Update

This lady continues to stack on some nice thick purple buds. Definitely not what I was expecting when I read pencil-thin buds in the strain description, but Ill take what I can get. She's been hungry and requiring hand-feedings every other day to satisfy her needs. The EC measurements I take every other day should help me narrow in her best harvest dates as Ill be able to see when she stops taking up any nutrients.

Im expecting another month at her current rate of formation. Ill re-evaluate then. Now for some sexy pics of her. The purple/magenta is really starting to shine through. Very deep noticeable purple compared to when my Mr. Nice Shit plants turn purple.

Now for a couple pics of her. Ill try to get even more pics of her next update. Notice the Thai in the foreground of the first picture. The Thai have been flowering for 63 Days and are only now beginning to bud! At this rate I expect flowering times of 180-210 days..More on the Thai in a later update.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips Durban Poison 2nd Batch

Afropips Durban Poison 2nd Batch

Here we have 6 beautiful ladies from my second batch of seeds. A few are already turning purple at only 13 Days Into Flowering, while others remain green. Pretty developed too for 13 Days..Even Im having some doubts about this being a pure long flowering sativa. Ill wait and see. Should be some beautiful finished buds later on nonetheless.

Enjoy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Follow up on Mr. Nice Shit A1

Follow up on Mr. Nice Shit A1

Its been 5 days and a few hours since I cut the top cola from Shit A1, and its been trimmed and placed into a paper bag to continue the drying until going in a jar. Ive seen Skunkman mention a month in paperbags before jarring. Never gone more than 3-4 days myself but hey why not give it a try?

This ladies main cola isn't the largest this line can produce, but damn those buds are nice looking. Maybe I can coax some more girth out of her next run. I can't wait to give her a try after a month more slow-drying in the bag. Well, I did snip off the very lowest bud, so I have something to tease myself with. I couldn't help myself.

This lady was incredibly easy to trim. Very little leaf to trim out. Got to love that after dealing with trimming GN Thai buds, which btw are sold out at the Boo now. I need to grab one of the collectors packs while they're on sale so I can get more thai seeds, along with the Luang Prabang, and Khmer Gold..Sounds fun.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Id like to end this post by offering my thanks to all the subscribers of this thread. I know most of you are lurkers and may never post in this thread, but Im glad you follow along enjoying the updates. If no one continued reading them, there wouldn't be much need for them anymore I suppose. Im still planning on many more future updates, so stay tuned folks. :tiphat:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Mini Thai Stick Update

Mini Thai Stick Update

Day 62 Flowering

There hasn't been a Thai Stick update in a long time now because there just wasn't much to show. The transition into flowering takes nearly two months. During that time they grew alot veg-wise, I cut them back heavily, then grew too tall again, and I had to cut them back a second time, and Ive even done it a third time at this point now.

The plant in the rear left has suffered damage from being too close to the light. Notice the yellowing of upper fan leaves. The chloroplast have been degraded/broken down by the intense lights of the 600W Ushio MH. I try to keep the plants at least 24" away, but the Thai just grow right into it, much to their detriment. The clones are already proving much easier for me to work with and mold to how I want them. We'll get to see them someday soon too.

The plants are finally budding, with none showing nanners yet, but I had one previously from the first batch of seeds that'd throw nanners real early(30-35Days is into flowering), so Ill be keeping a close eye on these 3 ladies. Thai Stick A continues to be rock solid in that regard.

The buds aren't much to look at right now. Check out the difference between Durban Poison D and the Thais! Crazy. The DP would really shore up that flowering time and impart some chunkiness in a cross. Thats going to be real fun exploring those future seeds.

I only have one picture right now everyone. Im kinda letting you down there. :biggrin: The next update will be devoted to Thai, Thai, and more Thai I promise.

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
beautiful plants dave.

some of those DP's are absolutely radiating happiness!

love that calyx-y shit too! sounds like a great breeding tool.

:respect:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
beautiful plants dave.

some of those DP's are absolutely radiating happiness!

love that calyx-y shit too! sounds like a great breeding tool.

:respect:

Thanks HD. Im really enjoying growing the Durban Poison, but I ran into a problem tonight when inspecting the ladies. DP-D my most advanced lady right now had two lone nanners sticking out from a lower bud. I snipped them out and devoured them. No more nanners showed anywhere on her, but I will be keeping a very close eye from here on out. Im so bummed now, but I will be keeping her around since these are no more seeds.

At least the trait can be bred out or greatly reduced in offspring with good selective breeding as Sam had to do with his own Durban Poison way back in the day. His was even early too like Afropips version(even though it says long-flowering). I wonder if his went purple too..I could probably pick his brain on Durban P for hours..lol.

SourDank

Veteran
Everything looking very proper man, that shit looks like it's gonna be some delicious smoke. Definitely let us know how the slow dry in the bag goes

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Everything looking very proper man, that shit looks like it's gonna be some delicious smoke. Definitely let us know how the slow dry in the bag goes

Im smoking on some of the Shit out of the bag this very moment, and grooving to some tunes as I prepare some updates. After 3 days in the bag, the buds are already just perfect for breaking up to smoke. Breaking up isn't describing it exactly though. I can easily pluck away individual calyxs, or just snip off a little chunk and stick it whole into the bowl and enjoy.

The resin glands fall off easily with too much man-handling though. The buds are not at all greasy or sticky to the touch any-more, but moisture content is superb for smoking. You can feel the resin-heads between your fingers like little grains of sand. The perfect dryness for making dry sift. I can see why Sam likes the longer-dry/cure in paper bags.

Ive got another Shit plant hanging up in the closet atm, but she's still too moist to trip yet, but when I do she's going straight into the paper bags too.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 68 Thai Stick Update

Day 68 Thai Stick Update

Were at the 2 month + 1 week mark, and Ive decided to do something dramatic. Ive culled two of the Thai Sticks that are the least healthy. They've outpaced the nutrient release of the Osmocote, and Ive not been able to feed them often enough to maintain fertility levels at a sufficient level. Combined with being too damned tall and growing towards the lights, they've also experienced light saturation at the canopy. Chlorophyll has been degraded by the intense light. Combined with the low fertility levels, its going to result in a much tougher, less productive flowering of them. Also, spiking fertility levels in the soil solution via WSF in an attempt to get back to optimum levels, will often backfire with long-flowering Sativas IME. Ill go into more detail on that in another post I think.

Only TS-G remains very healthy and green at this stage, and they have three to four or more months to go before I would consider them Harvest ready. Its already been an uphill battle to keep them this healthy so far, and I could really use the real estate for other flowering plants. The 4 Mr. Nice Shit Clones have been moved further under the lights footprint now that the tall Thai are gone save for Thai Stick G. TS-G remains to be flowering out to the end or until intersex issues pop up, but Im praying they dont. I really would love to have multiple Thai females free of intersex problems to play with.

*I removed all the yellow leaves right before these pics were taken. There was dozen or so large fan leaves removed from her before these pics were taken. Hard to notice though with a plant that has so much foliage.

Here are plants E & F

picture.php

Here are plants F & G

picture.php

Group Shot

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thai Stick A Day 135 Flowering

Thai Stick A Day 135 Flowering

We've not seen Thai Stick A around here for awhile. Its time to show her off some. She's been shedding alot of fan leaves since Day 100 when flowering really kicked. Fertility levels bottomed out very quickly, outpacing the Osmocote yet again, but Ive been able to provide enough hand-feedings at 500ppm to provide enough nutrients to slow the loss of fan leaves down. Most of her main large fan leaves are gone, and she's shedding secondary fan leaves from the buds slowly now.

Im going to try and maintain her low fertility levels till the end with just occasional WSF feedings at 400-450ppm from here on out. Trying to get EC levels back to optimum levels in 1 or 2 feedings at high PPM will lead to very undesirable growth, which is why Im fine with her shedding fan leaves slowly now. Long-flowering sativas do not respond well when fertility levels spike. The last two pics are of Thai Stick B, who would respond with terrible veg/flowering growth if fertility levels spiked after being low.

PICS

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Results of Spiking at 150 ppm N.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts