What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silver said he shouldn't start such a thread since scarce shall time soon seem.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
ZhiJeahSilv!!!!!!!!!! I'd smoke it...

Very nice bro!

I'm glad too see some good came from that brutal cold !
Drooling on my keyboard... :jawdrop:

Thanks all! While looking for a suitable .GIF to illustrate my response, I came across this one. Not exactly what I had in mind, but there's breasticles on it, so it's okay.

5266dda31b059364d6fec4794d31da46-640028721.gif

Oops, looks like I lied on yesterday's photos. TODAY is actually day 72. Sorry guys, my credibility (and now this entire thread) is suspect.

I've been more disciplined this run in terms of taking notes/tracking what when down when and how. Seemed to help keep me honest and on top of things, especially early in flower, where I always think to myself "Okay buddy, push hard and get these broads rollin'." ..and that thought is usually followed up by this one: "Maybe later, or tomorrow should be fine too.." :laughing:

I'm itchin' to finish this round up - gotta tear down the room, and sooner's better'n later. I increased the dark to 13 hours on the 15th of this month (day 69 fer 'em) in an effort to speed things up a handful'a days.

Some other random thoughts - I think I mentioned my headspace/light challenge earlier. Basically, I can't get my hood high enough to cast a decent footprint on the entire space (which is a massive 4' x 3'). It's an observation I made at least 6 weeks ago, but it's really showing now.

The plants in the center of the room ("room," :laughing: ) are yellowing and ripening like you'd expect. Everybody on the sides/edges of the room, they're still greeny-green.

I was hoping to whack down everything all at once (just so's I could finish it off neat & clean & quickly), but now I'm thinking that I'll chop the center of the room ("room!"), and leave the sides of the room to finish up for another week. I'm pretty certain that once I remove the big flowers from the center of the room, I'll be able to bend the edge-dwellers over toward the center of the room for some meaningful photosynthesizing.

Gotta address that sh*t next run. I'm itching for a bigger hood, one that'll cast a wider net (anti-shadow?) directly outta the hood itself, since my vertical space is at a relative premium. I suppose I could also do a better job of training/managing the damned things so they don't get tall to where this is an issue..

I'm fantasizing about one of two things when I get the room set back up -- either going to a 1000W lamp in that room, OR expanding the room to ~ 5' x 8' and adding another light. The second fantasy relies on some legislative doin's as well as some wifely lurv. Let's see what happens this year.

:tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks all! While looking for a suitable .GIF to illustrate my response, I came across this one. Not exactly what I had in mind, but there's breasticles on it, so it's okay.

View Image

Oops, looks like I lied on yesterday's photos. TODAY is actually day 72. Sorry guys, my credibility (and now this entire thread) is suspect.

I've been more disciplined this run in terms of taking notes/tracking what when down when and how. Seemed to help keep me honest and on top of things, especially early in flower, where I always think to myself "Okay buddy, push hard and get these broads rollin'." ..and that thought is usually followed up by this one: "Maybe later, or tomorrow should be fine too.." :laughing:

I'm itchin' to finish this round up - gotta tear down the room, and sooner's better'n later. I increased the dark to 13 hours on the 15th of this month (day 69 fer 'em) in an effort to speed things up a handful'a days.

Some other random thoughts - I think I mentioned my headspace/light challenge earlier. Basically, I can't get my hood high enough to cast a decent footprint on the entire space (which is a massive 4' x 3'). It's an observation I made at least 6 weeks ago, but it's really showing now.

The plants in the center of the room ("room," :laughing: ) are yellowing and ripening like you'd expect. Everybody on the sides/edges of the room, they're still greeny-green.

I was hoping to whack down everything all at once (just so's I could finish it off neat & clean & quickly), but now I'm thinking that I'll chop the center of the room ("room!"), and leave the sides of the room to finish up for another week. I'm pretty certain that once I remove the big flowers from the center of the room, I'll be able to bend the edge-dwellers over toward the center of the room for some meaningful photosynthesizing.

Gotta address that sh*t next run. I'm itching for a bigger hood, one that'll cast a wider net (anti-shadow?) directly outta the hood itself, since my vertical space is at a relative premium. I suppose I could also do a better job of training/managing the damned things so they don't get tall to where this is an issue..

I'm fantasizing about one of two things when I get the room set back up -- either going to a 1000W lamp in that room, OR expanding the room to ~ 5' x 8' and adding another light. The second fantasy relies on some legislative doin's as well as some wifely lurv. Let's see what happens this year.

:tiphat:
silver h instead of a 1000w,,how about x3=400w,,sure you have probably thought of this,,spreads the power about plus 200w more..s2

silver hawaiian

Veteran
hola 944! :tiphat:

Good point - I probably was unclear. :)

I was describing two different scenarios - one, in which I keep the existing space (4' x 3') and would go from the 600 W to a 1000 W. The second scenario, involving the addition of another light, would be if I increase the space to the 5' x 8'. :)

But good point - If I do increase the space, I've not yet quite fingered out how I'd rig it. :dunno:

It will be a welcome challenge. ;)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a hydrofarm daystar reflector and a 1000 w would do it well,its a very compact double wall design and throws a nice 4x4 pattern when you mount them up high,my space is only 7 feet tall inside and i have my hoods as high as i can get them,the radiants throw a better pattern,but they are pretty huge...

resource.ashx%3Fguid%3D4a5b34390aa74afc9b67e038a072a67c%26w%3D390%26h%3D300%26p%3D10

silver hawaiian

Veteran
a hydrofarm daystar reflector and a 1000 w would do it well,its a very compact double wall design and throws a nice 4x4 pattern when you mount them up high,my space is only 7 feet tall inside and i have my hoods as high as i can get them,the radiants throw a better pattern,but they are pretty huge...

View Image

:laughing:

Only?! Unc, I'm working' with a ceiling of about 77", BUT a duct that runs the length of the room at 72". (So I can put the screw hooks into the ceiling at 77", but the top of the reflector can be, at most, 72" from the floor of the grow).

Right now I've got one'a these:

XT6AC_2.jpg

Would like to switch to one'a these:

Big%20K.jpg

Since the whole shebang is longer & wider than what I've got now, it seems to me it's therefore capable of casting a wider footprint when mounted at the same height as the current reflector.

:dunno:

Edit: That presumption only holds, I suppose, if the Big Kahuna is the same height as the Xtrasun. I'm surprised to see that the Kahuna is 10" tall?! Now i gotta go dig up the Xtrasun specs, or go measure. Hmm.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those big reflectors work better to spread the light over a broader area i think,not to mention a bitch to mount and would make it next to impossible to work on in a small space.so far i have been very happy with the two daystars i have.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
budman

That's two of us! Been busier'n a one-legged man at a butt-kickin' contest.

Took a look at the room last night, and the majority of the Nightmare is damn-near, if it ain't ready now. Problem is, I've got like (uhhh, like, totally, y'know?) zero time these days. I've been planning to pick 'em next weekend, but they could probably stand to come down this weekend.

See: Time, in re: "Ain't got none."

I'm getting visible (though faint, relative to other varities) purpling on the Nightmare this time, which is neat. Otherwise, the buds seem to be a few days ahead of schedule, in terms of swollenness, a skosh of amber in there. This is the first time I'd feel comfortable picking 'em before 80 days.

Because of this cockamamie reflector/footprint situation, I'm probably going to hhhhwhhhhack'em (a la Cool HhhWhip) in two stages; All the big brawny tops/center of the room first, and then I'm imagining tying everyone along the edge down towards the center, and let those'ns finish up for a few more days.

Kinda blows dicknballs, since I'd rather just finish it off all at once and be done with it, but, .. Meh.

unc - I'm all about the mondo reflector; I figure I'll only have to wrestle that bitch up there once, and after that, I could give a rat's ass if the reflector takes up essentially the entire surface area of the ceiling. :D

_D - It's a mofo.. In the winter, I can get away without air -cooled. Summertime, notsomuch. But for ease-of-use, I prefer to stick with a setup that doesn't require me re-rigging shit twice a year.

The other challenge with those vertizontal gimmicks is that the reflector itself would damn-near take up the entire surface area of the ceiling, making airflow a real mofo, I'm 'magining. :dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts