What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solarmeter 6.2 readings for PureUVB and Reptisun

G

Im going to throw up my readings with my as new(used) Solarmeter 6.2 UVB meter. Not at all scientific. Please note Im using the 24" tubes not the 48" tubes. Should still be helpful.

Another disclaimer. The PureUV from AgroMax is NEW. The reptisun 10.0 tubes are on their 3rd or 4th grow. Cant remember. I used two of the Reptisun in last grows. BUT I only measured one Reptisun in the same fixture shown as I used to measure the PureUV. No need for two of the PureUV obviously. So they have been used roughly last 4 weeks of each grow 12/12 so calculate the age of them as you will. I will say they probably are still outputting close to max but I have no way to be sure.

They were turned on and warmed up for a couple minutes. I did see a diff from the first reading 5-10 seconds on compared to letting them warm up a couple minutes. I didnt let them go more because i have two week old plants under this at about 36". Probably should have covered them but it I got my measurements and was in and done quickly.

Im not posting a pic of every measurement. Just a couple of the setup so you get the idea. Tape measure is set at center line of tube. Fixture is a Sunblaster with reflector mounted to the frame of my Cree COB light. Yes its a small grow but I have 7' of vertical at least.

This information is worth exactly what you paid for it. :tiphat:

Readings are:

--------PureUV---------- Reptisun 10.0
---6" ---- 860 ---------------160
--12" ---- 460--------------- 70
--18"----- 241 -------------- 36
--24" ---- 150 ---------------24

These are the only two tubes I have and Im not buying more just to test and not use.

It really makes me scratch my head how people get into debates about which UV source A or B is better without any REAL measurements. Anyone got any more or better data?

Attachments

• 003 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    003 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 009 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    009 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Those numbers look to be equivalent to what I get.
I use a 12% source, Reptisun is 10%, and the difference is really minor.
The pure UV has too much UVB for the size of my room, I can only back off the lights three and a half to four feet. I want UVB from all sides and with the pure UV bulbs it over powers the room.

But then, I did run 170 uw as standard for over a year when I had a receptive clone. If I was still a young person I would probably give it another go, the pure UV bulbs were not available when I did my testing.

I will be following out of curiosity.

G

Those numbers look to be equivalent to what I get.
I use a 12% source, Reptisun is 10%, and the difference is really minor.
The pure UV has too much UVB for the size of my room, I can only back off the lights three and a half to four feet. I want UVB from all sides and with the pure UV bulbs it over powers the room.

But then, I did run 170 uw as standard for over a year when I had a receptive clone. If I was still a young person I would probably give it another go, the pure UV bulbs were not available when I did my testing.

I will be following out of curiosity.

Yeah that puts out a lot it would seem. At this point Im planning on running the PureUV lamp intermittently for say 7-10 minutes an hour starting @ one hour in week 4 and ramp up one more on cycle per hour a week. Then by week 8 maybe 10 minutes per hour the middle 4 hours of the light on cycle.

Unless I see some kind of burn. Last grow one of my plants got so tall on main cola it was literally laying on the fixture using the Reptisun. Got a little crisp but smokes fine.

I have no ideal if it helps. Reading your reviews it may be a waste of time but as long as it doesn't obviously harm the plant Im going to continue.

Found a really nifty timer on Amazon that will let me set up to 19 on/off cycles in a 24 hour period. Perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0752PHMTL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1