What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slymer - Chernobyl clone-only

frostqueen

Has anyone here had a chance to work with Slymer? I just picked it up.

It's of disputed origin (what a surprise); said in most places to be a select cut of Chernobyl with a strong lemon/lime terp profile. Also said to be Chernobyl x Golden Ticket, which is another Chernobyl phenotype. This is definitely not the Slimer OG.

Did a search, was surprised to not see it discussed yet here.

I was under the impression golden ticket and slymer cut was one and the same. I'm not completely sure. I have a cross of golden ticket that i grew outdoors last year for the first time. It was a branchy bush that yielded heavy and smelled extremely strong. The smoke was lemon leaning, i dusted it with some pollen from a catpiss moontang x sourbubble male and excited to see the results this season.

ive seen pics of this cut on ig. golden ticket and slymer are indeed one in the same as far as I have been able to find out. its a gorgeous plant. not a great yielder. super fat ass calyxes with an insane amount of trichs. has needle thin leaves also fully caked out in frost. its gnar. apparently it has an incredibly strong lime smell. I have heard the lime smell is not uncommon in the line though. funny enough im actually growing some Chernobyl from seed atm. im glad theres a thread about this cut. I was trying to look it up a few weeks ago. hopefully we can get some good discussion going!

Happy Times

ive seen pics of this cut on ig. golden ticket and slymer are indeed one in the same as far as I have been able to find out. its a gorgeous plant. not a great yielder. super fat ass calyxes with an insane amount of trichs. has needle thin leaves also fully caked out in frost. its gnar. apparently it has an incredibly strong lime smell. I have heard the lime smell is not uncommon in the line though. funny enough im actually growing some Chernobyl from seed atm. im glad theres a thread about this cut. I was trying to look it up a few weeks ago. hopefully we can get some good discussion going!

Haven’t done this cut but did have the chance to do a cut of Chernobyl in the backyard, from a buddy’s seed pop. Caterpillars really liked this lady for some reason. Definitely a lot similar to the description above, thin leaves, lighter side on yield- she was an insane vegger but the flowers were popcorn-y. A lime and slightly peppery flavor (Trainwreck!) with a hint of sweet fruit (Jack the Ripper?) on the finish. Dig the high- leaning towards the cerebral side but nicely balanced. I’m curious what the straight Trinity that went into this was like.

Last edited:

frostqueen

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I've grown out Chernobyl seeds, too. Really a nice strain, but my keeper just wasn't very limey. Some of the heaviest resin I've ever seen, tho, and same thin leaves described above.

Here is the local farm that this cutting came from. They seem to think it's the same as Golden Ticket, too. I like that name better for sure.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. She's waiting in line for a trial, but I have 20 other things ahead of her, so... :dunno:

That's one thing that will improve when I retire from flower production this fall due to zero demand: I will be able to test so many different things at once instead of this monocrop bullshit.

I loved this strain, only downsides that I found were the ones mentioned above. I used them in an outdoor grow and they grew into gigantic frost covered bushes. Not very pest resistant and got touches of mould, the buds weren't gigantic but definitely not popcorn, and the leaves on mine were sativa leaning but not "thin leafed" cultivator, at least not by my standards. I'll go look and see if I can find any pics an post in this thread for you guys.

Has anyone here had a chance to work with Slymer? I just picked it up.

It's of disputed origin (what a surprise); said in most places to be a select cut of Chernobyl with a strong lemon/lime terp profile. Also said to be Chernobyl x Golden Ticket, which is another Chernobyl phenotype. This is definitely not the Slimer OG.

Did a search, was surprised to not see it discussed yet here.

I grew Slymer last year (18) outdoors, northern California in the valley.

It was the winner out of the 4 strains I grew last year, as far as the overall quality of the flower.

Tons of resin. Right from the beginning of flower this plant packed on the trichomes and terps. Even the smaller nugs along the lower/inner portion of the plant had thick trichomes on em'.

This plant did attract some caterpillars/worms and had a little bit of loss from that, same with the Tangieland I grew, but not as badly as the Tangieland.

The Slymer I grew has cured into some damn fine herb over the past few months. It was already some pretty good smoke right after the dry, but the cure has certainly only made things better. The buds are pretty dense. Completely frosted & caked with resin. They almost have a "spongy" "gooey" texture when breaking apart. The stuff is super greasy and sticky between the fingers, even a light touch will leave a glossy coat of oil on the finger.

The aroma is mostly a sweet & creamy lime-lemon thing...The sweet component of the aroma sorta reminds me of graham cracker or honey. Some parts of the best buds have a hint of other soft fruity/cherry notes, and there's a tiny note of that turpentine/cleaner smell, with slight earthiness underneath it all....Overall I don't find it to be a "complex" aroma, mostly sweet-lime notes, but it is certainly a strong & pleasant aroma....Pretty skunky and dank when far from the jar, then a pungent sweet-lime under the nose.

Taste....Lime, earthy, slight cherry/fruit...The smoke is oily/thick but smooth.

Effect....Comes on quick. An uplifting "perk" goes straight to my head shortly after the first tokes. Mood lift. A bit energizing and clear initially, but can get "hazey" as time goes on....The initial buzz is pretty cerebral and uplifting but I find the effect from this strain tends to transition into a hazey & dreamy headspace...not stoned or sedating, but a bit "spacey" & hazey.

I was under the impression that Slymer is a specific pheno/clone of Chernobyl, and that "The Golden Ticket" is another pheno/clone of Chernobyl...What ever the case may be, from what I gather it seems they're all pretty similar & have a lime essence going on.

The Slymer I grew had relatively thin leaf structure but not nearly as thin as the Tangieland I was growing. The overall structure of the plant was a bit lanky...I took it down right around 70 days, around the beginning of October. Trimming was easy compared to the other strains I grew, though very very sticky....I found a few seeds, but I'm assuming the pollen may have come from a neighbor plant that pushed out some nanners during late flower.

It was my first grow ever so I can't comment too much on this strain relative/in comparison to others, but it was the winner of my garden last summer and is certainly a strain I would like to grow again some year. Even though this was my first grow, the Slymer I grew turned out to be the absolute best looking/smelling outdoor I've ever come across in all the years I've been smoking...and it is some of the best damn weed I've ever had in general regardless of indoor or out. (first grow, but I've been a daily toker for 10+ years)