What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You've stumbled upon my garden, come in.

Skrappie

This is the first post and hopefully a weekly series of what is going on in my garden.
I’ve been a member of IC for a while though I am to the point where there are not enough questions that I need to ask that prompts me to post often, nor do I really feel qualified, or interested in hunting down grow questions to answer. I Skrappie hereby declare myself a novice grower. For your information this is my fourth serious grow, my first one using clones.

Currently I’m growing three phenos of S.A.D. aka Black Donima (2 of each plant, I think), 1 pheno 2 plants of Sweet tooth, Afgan Kush 2 phenos 2 plants of each, 1 pheno of which is trash (grows too slow, no real vigor, it will eliminated after this grow) 1 The Church Plant, and one white widow that was gifted to me by a friendly grower in TN. The WW is still in the seedling stage as far as development, slightly disappointing, but it was started outside and had it rough so hopefully being indoor s will kick things off.

Hopefully this post will be the anchor that keeps me coming back and contributing something from this wonderful site.
I would also like to note that I’m using a screen for the first time, A portable SCROG for each plant I guess. Its working out wonderfully and I expect my yields to be more then ever.

FINALLY I’d like to note that the pictures included with this post are of plants that have almost completed their first week of 12/12: Tonight is Saturday, and the one week mark is Monday. Also please note that the growth was under the screen post 12/12. I love SCROG Full light to every cola full control in growth.
The random pictures: Hopefully I will get organized to the point of profiling each plant, or at least pheno, we'll see what happens though.

green_grow

Veteran
what size pots ? what kinda lights ? what are ya growin in ? talk to me.
i like the modular scrogging; i may go that route on a future grow.

Skrappie

green_grow said:
what size pots ? what kinda lights ? what are ya growin in ? talk to me.
i like the modular scrogging; i may go that route on a future grow.

First of all I would like to thank everyone who took the time to stop by and view /comment on my little chunk of cyberspace. I fully appreciate it.

Specifically to Green_grow I use pots that if not 3 gallons, really close to it. I got them from my hydro shop once, and buy the same pot each time, I have smaller square pots, I want to get 5 gallon Square pots for efficiently, but can't find any priced to my liking. I use 2 400 watt lights, one is switchable digi, one is MH, The plants under the MH ballast grow slower, so i rotate every so often. Mix is equal parts promix perlite and cottonwood compost and a bit of worm castings, lime, coco, and bone/blood meal.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey, theres already a guy here named Scrappy!!!LOL

Nice lookin plants bro, welcome...Peace

- Z

Skrappie

where's the beef?

where's the beef?

hey, the gallery has been down for some time, I'm getting ready to take pictures and post the start of week five, the below post was from week four. anywho keep it green :smoweed:

Skipped boring week three.

the Start of Week four was today. Everything is on track. Getting close to day 30 of flower, plants are starting to form colas, trichs are developing.

Treated a MG/MN problem to get rid of a metallic sheen on my plants leaves, as well as to prevent further neurotic growth (started to get those plant "Freckles"). Plants have also started to feed Heavily on P (there was a slight deficiency of P- noticed from bluing of leaves, and K (burn spot on leaf tips that has always been treated as burn for the past few grows, not deficiency.

Hopefully all of the issues did not delay flowering much, though the plants are already doing better then ever before, so I think we are good to go either way.

All lower growth was trimmed at week three, another set of cuttings soon to hopefully be clones were also taken at week three.

I'm using the exact same genetics as last harvest, just a different arrangement of plants.

Here are the pics, see you next week. :joint:

Skrappie

Today marks day 39 in the garden, Plants are doing okay, I think most issues have been addressed, but as anyone growing passive hydro (soil-less medium) well tell you, the worst (or best) is yet to come depending on how the plants reacted to last weeks feeding.
Today all of the girls are getting a simiflush in celebration of week 5. I've side dressed with Jamaican bat guano about a week ago, so after the next feeding, I think we will be ready to go through the final flush though we'll see how things go.
Almost everything is right on track.

Also, PH is going in at around 6.3 and coming out at about the same, I don't know what that means, but hopefully a good thing.
I think the pictures should be labeled, but feel free to refer to my strain guide.

SAD-B/ Black Domina, my favorite production plant, even popcorn buds are tight, changes to a classic gold hue when the buds are cured, smoke is awesome, has a peppery taste, The keeper pheno of this strain
SAD-A/ Black Domina, The next best of the strain, Smokes the same as SAD B except there is pine aftertaste whereas SAD-B leaves a peppery. The buds on this plant are a little more airy; I would prefer this plant if it produced as well as B
SAD-c/ Black Domina, started late and chopped early last harvest, growing it out this time just out of curiosity. Seems to keep up with B in production, i wonder about the taste of the smoke :)

Greenhouse seeds 'the church" This plant is neat, the stone hits you in the face like a sack of pennies, the trich production on this plant is the most exaggerated out of anything i've grown, the buds are a little small, but they are tight, and the plant eagerly produces cola after cola

Afgan Kush-A/ From World of seed stock: Poor plant was neglected last run, tried hard to bud for me, The current plant looks way different then the last one, so I don't even think the smoke is going to be comparable..which is a good thing.
Afgan kush-B This plant was neglected last run also, but it kicked ass, I'm still smoking on its tight, smooth compact buds as we speak, I can't wait to see what its like treated properly, This plant tries to bud anywhere there is stem

Sweet-tooth/ I don't Know if this plant is really "sweettooth" or not: It was gifted to me at a party by a hippy and his girlfriend. It smokes amazing, does not produce a not, but the buds it does make are most dense i have, the most sticky, and it smells so sweet. The structure of the buds is "orgeish" The high is a heavy stone, as a daily smoker, I prefer to smoke this one at night, before bedtime.

I'm trying the double potting method on one of the Sweettooths, I may not be bushy or old, but i'm a Grower, and thats all that matters right ;)

Please enjoy the pictures, scroll over the picture and look at the file name to identify the strain; any suggestions plant and picture are wholeheartedly welcome.

[

Last edited: