What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 plant 400w CMH recirculating dwc Lemon Skunk tree scrog

Kwigybo

Wonderful effort Canna. The canopy is exquisite. Your grow was the "clincher," in regards to the choice for my upcoming grow. Not to mention not wanting to get caught sogging 50 plants. A good ole scrog will do nicely.

Anyways, again well done...

Cannabean

chop chopchop chop chopchop :monkeyeat

i've been trimming for the last 10 hours. Ill let the pictures speak for themselves.

Flowering Day 61(day 10 flush)

any questions please ask, I'll be here. :rasta:

thanks for all the compliments peeps. I wish I could give you all a bouquet of buds for the support. :joint:

I will update with the weights and link to the next grow in the next week or so. :jump:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
lol you weren't kidding when you called it a tree scrog. Those buds look great, can't wait to hear how they smoke!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Party at Cannabean's house. Bring your papers!

Beautiful work! Congrats, though I'm sorry about your nanners. I just had a small explosion as well.

the_shadow said:
Hey Cannabean - can't believe this is your first DWC... beginner's luck? lol took me several times before I grew anything that was decent.
Consider compiling your troubles in a diary. Sometimes, folks can best help by revealing screwups that others may avoid them. My first DWC bombed through power failure and neglect. All the others have been a breeze.

Cannabean

not much. lots of popcorn. after a week of drying i got 146g of good bud and about 20g of popcorn and stuff Ill cook. i think it was a combination of humidity, root rot and the hermies. the cmh bulbs made it more leafy and her 20" stretch didn't help. Oh well, disappointed but at least I have headstash until the next one.

here are some dry pics

thanks for the good words, hopefully next grow will be better.

speaking of next grow I have 3 dabney blueberry babies just starting but they seem to be burning on RO water?wtf? if/when i salvage them Ill make a thread. for now :joint:

eyes

Veteran
Cannabean said:
not much. lots of popcorn. after a week of drying i got 146g of good bud and about 20g of popcorn and stuff Ill cook. i think it was a combination of humidity, root rot and the hermies. the cmh bulbs made it more leafy and her 20" stretch didn't help. Oh well, disappointed but at least I have headstash until the next one.

here are some dry pics

thanks for the good words, hopefully next grow will be better.

speaking of next grow I have 3 dabney blueberry babies just starting but they seem to be burning on RO water?wtf? if/when i salvage them Ill make a thread. for now :joint:

Fantastic job nevertheless.146 grams is great.do u like the cmh bulbs or the hps bulbs better?next time take that srcog screen verticle with bulbs in the middle and do 6-8 plants and tell us what ya yield.still great job!

Cannabean

thanks eyes. I cant do a vscrog cus I have horizontal bulbs, plus the single huge girl was only because of my circumstances. If i dont get at least .5g/w on this run then somethings gotta change...maybe I will go with the vscrog.
the bud is nice but 146g isn't going to recoup much of my costs...let alone allow for upgrades. cmh bulbs are nice for veg and beginning of flower but have poor light penitration. I can do better with this scrog if I can get the bulbs closer. Next run with these dabneys I'm going to use 2x400w cmh for veg then hps/cmh mix for first 2 weeks then 800w hps for rest of flowering.

Kwigybo

Sorry to hear you didn't get what you hoped for Canna. Nonetheless a very good grow IMO. I'd like to know whether you think I should buy 2 400watt CMH's or just 1 1000watter for my upcoming DWC Scrog. Cheers...

Cannabean

Get the 1000w for sure.
Im only going to use the CMH for veg and first week or two of flowering and use 800w HPS for the rest. CMH may be a better bulb all around but i feel in flowering you don't want any blue spectrum regardless...cmh may be a kick ass bulb but blue seems to give more leaves in the buds. i also think the intensity of the hps lamp and how much penitration a hps has will yeild you more.

but then again I have no real scientific knowledge about cmh's so take it with a grain of perlite.
on another note I'm going to put dwc on hold at least till winter. I just can't keep those temps down without a chiller where I'm located. Are you getting a chiller Kwigybo? good luck! do a diary too, i love high wattage scrogs :joint:

Kwigybo

Well I live in Australia and summer is on the way so I may have to invest in a chiller but I ain't gonna cross that bridge until I come to it. Also, my grow room is underground so I have no idea what the res temps will be like.

I'll be doing a diary for sure to give back to this community that has helped me so much.

My specs so far...I'd love any other suggestions you may have.

Kwigybo's DWC Scrog
Grow room is 1m wide x 1.8m long x 2m high.
1000watt HPS in 150mm Cooltube.
2, 160L(42gal.) tubs with 1 AK-47 in each = 8L (2.1 gal.) per 50 watts (recommended by Lucas)
200L Westaflex centrifugal fan with Can 66 carbon filter.
GH Nutes using the Lucas formula.
Hailea ACO 2280L, AquaOne 360L back-up pump. 5 disk, air stones per tub for shitloads of Oxy.

The plan is to veg the two best AK's for 60 days and flower in another 60.
The canopy should be totally filled. I used your grow as a guide. I like the idea of having a huge res as it means nute changes are less often and I like my plants to be able to relly spread out before turning back inwards. Either way it'll be interesting to see what effect it has.

Last edited:

Cannabean

Kwigybo said:
Well I live in Australia and summer is on the way so I may have to invest in a chiller but I ain't gonna cross that bridge until I come to it. Also, my grow room is underground so I have no idea what the res temps will be like.

I'll be doing a diary for sure to give back to this community that has helped me so much.

My specs so far...I'd love any other suggestions you may have.

Kwigybo's DWC Scrog
Grow room is 1m wide x 1.8m long x 2m high.
1000watt HPS in 150mm Cooltube.
2, 160L(42gal.) tubs with 1 AK-47 in each = 8L (2.1 gal.) per 50 watts (recommended by Lucas)
200L Westaflex centrifugal fan with 66cm Can carbon filter.
GH Nutes using the Lucas formula.
Hailea ACO 2280L, AquaOne 360L back-up pump. 5 disk, air stones per tub for shitloads of Oxy.

The plan is to veg the two best AK's for 60 days and flower in another 60.
The canopy should be totally filled. I used your grow as a guide. I like the idea of having a huge res as it means nute changes are less often and I like my plants to be able to relly spread out before turning back inwards. Either way it'll be interesting to see what effect it has.

an underground grow, sounds great man! you planned very well, looks pretty complete. I think you will need a chiller though, unless you have low temps (Im going to run lights at night now). I was using huge ice blocks daily to chill the res and still got root rot, but then again my ventilation wasn't adequet for the room size(temps were about 80°f).

You may also want to consider a different hood than the cool tube. they like to throw lots of light to the sides and create hotspots. they work well in rows for easy ventilation of mucho wattage...but you're just going with one hood above a rather square grow space; I think a square reflector, maybe a this or something similar. 200mm is about 8" right?
you probably won't have to veg for 60 days either, ak47s are gonna explode in dwc with that setup, especially under the 1000w. good luck! :rasta: are you going to take a mom from those ak47 girls?

Since I cant run dwc again till winter, I just recently made a diy flood and drain table + scrog that im quite proud of. all bought at lowes for about 50 bucks. Ill make a diy thread soon.
Dabney babies are getting better, growing, roots just came out of the rockwool cubes and they are going under the cmh this week sometime. keep ya posted... :joint:

Kwigybo

Cannabean said:
You may also want to consider a different hood than the cool tube. they like to throw lots of light to the sides and create hotspots. they work well in rows for easy ventilation of mucho wattage...but you're just going with one hood above a rather square grow space; I think a square reflector, maybe a this or something similar. 200mm is about 8" right?
you probably won't have to veg for 60 days either, ak47s are gonna explode in dwc with that setup, especially under the 1000w. good luck! :rasta: are you going to take a mom from those ak47 girls?

Since I cant run dwc again till winter, I just recently made a diy flood and drain table + scrog that im quite proud of. all bought at lowes for about 50 bucks. Ill make a diy thread soon.
Dabney babies are getting better, growing, roots just came out of the rockwool cubes and they are going under the cmh this week sometime. keep ya posted... :joint:
Yeah 200mm is about 8 inches so I think I will get that reflector instead cause that way I won't need to reduce my ducting. Thanks again.

Maybe just 1-1.5 months would be enough veg time. I can always play it by ear.

I'll def. take a few clones to keep in soil.

Can't wait to see that table. Good luck and thanks for all the help.

loco81

Nice man i am thinking of scrogging my setup but for now i use thread to weave in and out around my bucket that i drilled screws into.

Cannabean , great grow great pics thanks heaps :D.

Congrats on some beautiful looking smoke there,

Im curious what made you try scrog in that vertical space? for fun maybe? :D

Regarding the HPS vs CMH debate one thing remains true. The closer a bulbs spectrum is to that of the sun the more capable the weed is of producing the full spectrum of active ingredients. I dont know about the too much leaves debate, some say more leaves = better metabolism = better resin production + yield. Have you grown lemon skunk under hps before ,

how much leafier would you say it was? I know lemon skunk is meant to stretch a bit.

Regarding your next grow, i honestly beleive you could get a lot more yield from a LST bush grow.

If you remove all the trimming and SCROGGING youll find the tree will want to grow an even canopy easily in that space, by removing the scrog screen and all your below screen trimming you eliminate stressors on the plant. (of course youll still need to remove useless leaves once canopy developed.)

IMHE Sagmartha Western Winds under a 600 in the same space easily made 1g/w including bubbler issues and nute burn. You still get your popcorn stuff .. but there were no problems at all getting the canopy to do what you want.

Whats the lemon skunk smoke like!!! noone has asked this yet!!! lmao. :yeahthats

+K

JH

R

Rollin' Stoned

chop chopchop chop chopchop :monkeyeat

i've been trimming for the last 10 hours. Ill let the pictures speak for themselves.

Flowering Day 61(day 10 flush)

any questions please ask, I'll be here. :rasta:

thanks for all the compliments peeps. I wish I could give you all a bouquet of buds for the support. :joint:

I will update with the weights and link to the next grow in the next week or so. :jump:

Wow i can't belive you got all that from ONE SEED.. Scrog is amazing... Can i ask you some questions? What do you use Purple Maxx for? What is his effect? And what does DWC grow consist in? Thankes..