What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 plant 400w CMH recirculating dwc Lemon Skunk tree scrog

superuber

Looking good iv encountered that same problem and used reversed and worked out fine. As long as you catch quick and act fast all should be good. Is it me or is your plant burning a little?

Y

YwouldntI

good shit though yo,aside from the hermie issue that recently occurred.
let us know how the reverse works brotha,good luck.-Y-

A

Azeotrope

If that is the only sack then I would not be too worried. I just harvested about 4oz off of a girl and during the manacure I found a couple small sacks like that and only one bean. That is a survival of the species technique.

Cannabean

thanks for the positive thoughts, I was getting worried about her. The nutsack certainly isnt the only one either, I picked more than 10 off yesterday and around the same today, she really hermied on me. hopefully the reverse and purple maxx solve the problem even though I can see some hairs did get pollenated. whatever.

in case anyone was wondering the reverse is supposed to halt the production of male flowers, not really 'reverse' like the title implies. the purple maxx makes pollen sterile and i consider it my main defense against this attack of the nut sacks.

superuber: yeah she got burned right before the flip when i had her sitting in 1400ppm water. I'm just now bringing the ppms back up to the 1000's so if anything shes been underfed post-flip(her flowers look slightly underdeveloped for day 23 imo). I think she burns around 1300.

spark mad izm.

Cannabean

happy 4th everyone. quick update(sorry, its big)

I still burnt her a little bit :joint: havn't quite figured her out yet but she looks happy. no more evidence of nanners and i picked the last one off a week ago. i'm keeping my fingers crossed the reverse/maxx worked.

Flowering Day 31 - 7.5.08
lucas 0;2;1 +1ml/gal purple maxx, calmag 3ml/gal.
ppm 820 pH 6.0

lights out pics;

:canabis:

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
well i just learned somethin about my purple max i have. nice info for an emergency nanner prob.
thanks dude. lady is lookin good

Y

YwouldntI

yea really sir,i never knew that either yo.i been usin that stuf for like a yr now.

lookin good man thats a beautiful tree brotha.peace -Y-

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
very nice man. makes me want to swap out my soil for some. oh well, gotta learn about dwc before i can attempt it. what a healthy looking plant though. very impressive.

Cannabean

hello icers. its been a while since an update. thanks for all the comments.

dr green: hydro shop guy says the humboldt county purple maxx isn't supposed to make the plants purple. it is to increase trichome production, and Ive heard sometimes makes purpling more apparent in purple strains. I havn't heard of any non-purple strains become purple because of it though...so I can't explain its name.
I dont have a control plant that I didn't use it on so I can't exactly tell if it 'worked' but I was using it to make pollen sterile since she hermied a while ago, and it certainly worked in that respect.

It says to cut nutes back when using purple maxx and I didn't quite do that enough, as can be seen some from of the pictures. She was running fine on 1200ppm in veg and using purple maxx i cut the nutes back to 800-900 in flowering but I just couldn't figure her out. She was very unwilling to increase ppms in the later weeks of flowering and was burning at 920ppm.
To be honest, if I didn't have the hermie problem, I wouldnt have used purple maxx. Consider it k.i.s.s.-ed goodbye until i get another hermie. hope this helps anyone wondering about it.

headiez: go for it man. this was my first dwc bagseed experiment and look where its gone!

onto the update.

Just got back from a 4 day vacation and came home to find she burned a little more at 920ppm but seems to be alright. I checked the trichs and shes ready to be flushed. 10 day flush then chop chop.

Flowering Day 51 - 7.25.08

T

the_shadow

Hey Cannabean - can't believe this is your first DWC... beginner's luck? lol took me several times before I grew anything that was decent.

Looks good man. You need any help trimming? :rasta:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
i'm so curious what the yield is gonna be.

you got another one that has been veggin to go in next?

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
under the purple max logo on the bottle is says snow storm. hense excessive trich production. thereis the name explanation, and it def. aids in turning plants purple sooner that purple on their own, and you are burning at 900+ because the purple max lets your plant utilize the nutes faster and harder and more efficiently, that is why you should cut ppm back 30%, and with your small control res as the water is getting used faster than the nutes the PPM prob increased alot each day til top off. a top off res over your control res would help the ph swing and ppm rise. also your burn isnt bad at all, besides, you should be flushin bout now if you are going 70 days, and already started if 60. personally i like to see a lil tip burn on my fans, tells me they are fed to the max and dont increase. as long as you arent frying hairs on the buds, you havent hurt shit yet, just feeding hard core. your buds look great still so i think you are straight. KISS is the best option, but thereis a solution, and i swear by the PMAX for increased trich production, but def not a necessity in the arsenal. i am just stoked to know it has emergency uses. could save that ass some day... thanks for the tip

Cannabean

hey fellas, thanks for stopping by.
I'll be picking up some clones next week to start soon after. I'll keep ya updated :).
thanks sirsmokalot, very useful info. I cut the ppms back a lot from what they were in veg(1300 to 900) but yeah, apparently not quite enough. I started the flush on day 51. 24 hours with 2tsp/gallon flora kleen and a res change (runoff was 400ppm) refilled with r/o water from here on out.
I plan on a 10-14 day flush depending on how they look by then. woot!

Y

YwouldntI

great plant cannabean thats one awesome girl!!!
yup bro it use to be called Snow Storm,then they changed the name.i guess when they changed the name it was in demand.they dont claim it to purp up the plants that dont have purple traits.they just say trichproduction yo.its a good product though the bushmaster and gravity is cool too.peace-Y-

Latest posts

Latest posts