What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 plant 400w CMH recirculating dwc Lemon Skunk tree scrog

Cannabean

hello again. I'll get right into it.

details:
800w CMH now!
45" x 50" scrog
5 gallon bucket
600gph air pump and micropore airstone
5 gallon res + ecoplus 132 pump
gh grow/micro/bloom + calmag and molasses

Started from seed in march but had some time constraints forcing me keep her in veg and hide her in a box for 4 days last week. her time in the cave went smoothly and went back under the light on monday 5.26.

I just finished re-setting up the fan and light and got her tucked under the screen.
She'll be vegging under the 400w cmh for a little while longer and then I'll switch to 12/12 and add another 400w during flowering.

from the start:

how much longer in veg until they fill the scrog? or how much longer should I veg?

questions? comments? thanks for lookin! -CB

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
let me start by saying GOD DAMN!! lol that lady is huge.. how old is it...
if it was my scrog i would not let it get to much fuller cause it will fill in a little after the flip too. looks super healthy so you know how to rear up some youngins. maybe chop all the lil growth below the scrog and a couple light blocking fan leaves thats all i could suggest. K+ bro
Sir

G

cracking set up cannabean.......picture of health.

bests with the grow.h&p

Cannabean

thanks for comments guys!

sirsmokealot: thanks for the advice, I probably let her fill the screen a bit more than anticipated but Ill be adding another bulb so it should be alright, yeah?
shes probably got 90 days in veg, some of those overgrowing the light before i scrogged her and 5 days was spent cramped in the dar in a cardboard box.

I cleared all budsites below the scrog and did massive leaf clearing above it about a week ago as can be seen in the pics. I let her go until now so she'd adequetly refill the screen.

she looked ready so i fliped it, what do you guys think?!

Flowering Day 1 - 6.5.08
ppm 1250 ph 5.9

woot!:jump:

Dr. Bloom

Nice plant canna.

It looks like it will definitely fill up the screen. Hopefully some think growth and an extra light will translate into a nice yield for you.

Good luck!

green_grow

Veteran
most, if not all, scrog grows i have read seemed to be under much smaller light(s), so i will be following this one with interest. i am betting you get a nice, hefty crop. looks healthy !

G

Yo Cannabean. Can we get some pics of your bucket setup? I want to see how you have it plumbed. I know that 600gph air pump gets hot. What kind of temps are you dealing with (res & air)?

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Cannabean I think this is going to be a great scrog. Roots look great too. You sure do look like you know what you are doing cant wait to see the reults man. Later.

Cannabean

hi everyone, thanks for the good words. its nice to see people are showing interest.

my setup is a 600gph air pump straight to a xl double 12" micropore stone. this thing puts a bit too much air for one 5gallon bucket since its rated for 65g res tanks but everyone knows 1. air = roots 2. roots = ??? 3. profit!:jump: right??
but yeah too much air when her roots were small and it kinda smushed them up against the bottom of the net pot so now when they are fat the rootball has a massive fold in it. but they love the air!
I used some dinky ecoplus 2 outlet airpump adding a small eco plus airstone between the root folds right under the net pot. the other air tube goes to keep the res aerated.
In the res i have a little ecoplus 132 water pump goin to her bucket and the water recirculating passively through a line in the bottom of each bucket.
I keep the water cool by adding a iced water bottle daily but it doesn't get too much over 70degress itself. room stays about 75.

that soil girl is the clone i took to sex it so i wouldnt waste 90 days of veg on a male. from bagseed remember :rasta:. this isn't the most efficient grow but i like big plants. :canabis:

anyways

Flowering Day 4 - 6.8.08

G

Ah...... that's what I needed to see; very nice bucket system. I'm thinking about a 1-bucket DWC plant but the heat has me worried. You've got it licked. Thanks a lot brother.

When u flower that badass girl, can you re-veg it and then flower again? and if so, how long from cutting the buds off to making new bud to pluck?

Again, nice job!