What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yembo-grow - 400w cabby

yembo

figured i should start a log to watch my hopeful girls turn into ladies. a few months ago i began for the first time with some bagseed from a friend. started with 5 seeds in sphagnum moss. 4 popped, 3 made it through transplant into lava rock. all 3 sprouted some not so nice balls. :spank:

fast forward to now, got a few seeds from a dif friend who grows. told me they were feminised hashplant seeds. been reading on here that straight up hashplant is impossible to find anymore. i need to ask him which breeder he got it from, but haven't been in the setting to do so.

on to the grow

the seeds were planted in peat pellets a few days more than a month ago. and here they are on the 31st with some issues:

i had some advice from a few people and said that this could basically be a scrape on the stem from it rubbing up on the lava rocks since i did have them surrounding. this caused the droopy leaves u see on the left plant. here's the scrape issue:

the base of the stem of the plant on the right (say that 5 times fast), i believe suffered from a little damping off as i had the water level too high and the peat stayed a bit too wet (downside of peat pellets). this didn't really affect the plant at all though. here's the pic of the issue:

yembo

today:

the left plant has mostly recovered from the incident and is putting on some new growth. waiting a little longer to train:

the plant on the right is still putting on growth nicely. i begain lst on the hopeful girl a week ago so it's bushing out quite nicely now:

up until about a week ago, i haven't had to worry about smell..well it was a slap in the face the other day when i came in the room so i made a really ghetto filter out of a 5" net pot and a little activated carbon pre-filter and a 6qt sterlite container. i'll post some pics of it later to encourage a little laughter :D. Only downside about this is i'm using one of the HD "250 cfm" inline fans so the temps rose and they were already on the too high side :x. so a new fan is on the agenda.

this is my first go around so if you have any tips, i'm all ears.

ps. i'm using the 3 part GH nutes.

J

JollyGreen

Wuz up yembo, nice little setup you have there. Get yourself some superthrive plant hormone it helps sick or almost dead plants come back to life. You can buy a small bottle at your local hydro shop. A couple of drops to a gallon, I also heard its not to good to give it in flower. I have a 400w in a cab too, and I have a vortex 6 inch 449 cfms and temps in daytime stay around 82 and I live some place where its hot 365 days a year. The fan motor is also super quite. Hope that helps

yembo

thanx jolly.

here's the two today, starting to bush out pretty nice.

to my eye i still can't tell the sex, but i haven't started 12/12 yet so...

yembo

Here is my ghetto odor reducer that i made with ish laying around here. laughs:

i'm getting a little nervous here with the sex

yembo

1st real problems arise :x. yesterday i added about 2 and 1/2 gallons of water that was ph'd to about 5.2 so it would lower the ph a little in the rez. well i believe it lowered it a little too much to where my ghetto meter read 5.8. in the 2 and 1/2 gallons i didn't mix in any nutes because i was just going to switch to flower at the end of this coming week. well...looked at em this am and this is what i saw:

i got a dif rez all filled up with new water and more veg nutes and slightly adjusted ph and put the plants in. it's been about 5 or 6 hours since (still looking the same) and then lights off in another 4ish.. should i be worried?

Last edited:

yembo

well, this morning checked up on them and they were VERY wilted and pretty much dead. got some superthrive and just waiting to see if they show signs of life again.

Last edited:

yembo

Alright, well before the thursday before the bad, i took a few SMALL cuttings from the so said hashplant it's been a week, no sign of roots yet, but the cuttings still look very healthy surprisingly. i also put 6 white satin seeds in peat pellets (in my VERY little experience i have not been having any successes with the grodan starter plugs. sometimes i can't tend to them for a day or so and they dry out a lot faster than the peat). the reason one of the pellets is completely is due to my stupidity. i might have planted two seeds in one pellet? so i tore apart the one i might have skipped over to find nothing, but the seed could still be covered in peat so i just left it :p

these two mutants were planted probably three weeks ago, and are having very slow growth, too much light in my other cab and an 18/6 light schedule..so i decided to take em out when my bigger plants were murdered and i plugged in my other cab which is just running a single 23 watt cfl atm, but houses 2 70 watt converted security hps lamps and 4 23 watt cfls.

Here are some pics of the two cabs:

this is the one i was just talking about. growspace dimensions 32" width, 24" depth, 36" height:

this cab's growspace 36" width, 24" depth, 50" height. it houses a 400 watt diy MH ballast (i have both mh and an hps conversion) in a diy air cooled reflector. i haven't completely finished the exterior, but here it is:

look closely to find some jelly :redface:

Anima

Those are some stealth looking cabs! Pro work!
...I almost asked about the jelly.....till I found it..
Sorry to see the plant troubles....bummer man...but it looks like you know where you messed up, so next time you know what NOT to do..
Good luck man!:yes:

yembo

thanx anima!

all the white satin seeds have popped

and i did plant two in one pellet on accident :x

any ideas on when i should attempt to separate em? or just let them grow the whole way through training them separate ways?

yembo

i burnt them out pretty early i guess..didn't realize i had too much nutes during veg..bought a tds pen and it saved everything. i know they are supposed to yellow and die off, but i didn't think this early..still have 20 some days left.

Last edited: