What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Airless "Paint" Sprayer - Some questions

weedtoker

Veteran
Hey IC,

Since I can't use foggers in the indoor tents/smaller temporary rooms, and I was completely getting my arms in a mess by hand-pumping foliars everytime manually with a sprayer, adding to the fact that I couldn't use the conventional motored "backpacks", or carts in all scenarios, I've been playing with something along these lines:

633955582378.jpg

Altough they do some noise, it perfectly sounds as if it was a small vaccum cleaner being used, so perfect for sub-urban/urban scenarios also, on my maybe skewed view.

I've been using it with what seems great sucess, as I start to include it in my IPM regimen, and I'm happy enough that I can also use oils with it, since it was designed to use paints and others alike, but one question keeps arising... Would the sprayer/nozzle? be a no-no for spraying "live" thing like teas, or bacillus, etc? I just don't want to "squish" the micro-fellas trough the pressure of the machine and thus possibly rendering the work useless. Any brothers out there used the same "witchcraft", had the same question, or I am alone on this one?:biggrin:

Cheers

Drewsif

Barophilic grow better under pressure. Are your bacteria barophilic?

Might have to travel to ocean floor volcano vents to harvest some high pressure guys. Mammoth P could probably sell em for 1000 a liquid ounce.

P

pongster

Are you not afraid of the strength each drop gets shot by this device? I think for paint, the pressure should be high enough to be able to split effectively into small drops... i am thinking of thousands of small bullets of water to the plant... ? or is it soft? maybe its cool and i'm just speaking bollocks. i would also like some automated spraying device

best regards

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
how fine is the mist? is it adjustable?
bacillus is one of the larger bacteria but its still super small, like microscopic small
depending on how many microns does it go down to you should be fine

weedtoker

Veteran
@Drewsif , @RB56 - I've actually been shying away from getting a microscope, and thus asking the question here, touche. It seemed simple enough, in my mind, for a lot of reefer smokers to have had this idea before, specially with so many contractors, builders, etc:biggrin:. Any advice, or specific requirements on the tech equipment that you would care to share?

I can choose to regulate the mist, not the pressure specifically, which was the initial concern @pop rocks.

To answer @pongster, nope. I already select plants introducing several pressures on them, if they can't take a shower, tough life for them dirty boys and girls. In any case, it's efficient and doesn't damage plants (ex: ripping leaves).

Thanks for your time and input
Cheers