What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumats. Current opinions

W

Welly

I've had these things for over two years without using them. Bought in during the initial hype and was alway too concerned about root rot etc.

Are any of you fine folks still using these or are were they simply a passing fad? :peacock::peacock::peacock:

b8man

Veteran
Just remember the drip clean!

Still the best way for the plants to grow their entire lives without getting stressed from too little or too much water. Big yields, least effort.

bigbadbiddy

When you run organic soil and only feed water, then imho Blumats are still the end all be all.

You get the best of both worlds: organic soil and hydroponics.
The end result is organic bud, your soil gets better and better and you save a shitload of both money and workload.

If you run any sort of nutes though, they are not the right system to use or it at least gets more complicated.

Or you do like me and just water in the Canna Bloom by hand once in a while and let the Blumats handle the water. Done and done :D

jeff54

Blumats are still alive and rocking. I have been using blumats for years with great sucess! i welcome any questions with rergard to any blumat irrigation issues. Blumats are not a set it and forget it system. Some of the growing media has different challenges. Alot of farmers are not aware the pressurized systems that can acurately irrigate up to 500 plants/system! I welcome any questions?

I still use them and love them. I keep agsil and some BTi drops in the res and haven't had any sort of clogging. I am curious to know how fulpower would work in the res but have just been hand watering that in with no issues.

Canafarmer

Hi there just wanted to say that I've been using blue mats for five years now and other then some specific micro adjusting at the beginning they work just fine. I would suggest you try them they're a great investment. I would be happy to address any questions that you might have.

KIS

For those in raised beds or outdoor, they have a soaker hose option now that can attach to a blumat carrot. They really do work well once you have them setup correctly.

Archiesmillard0

Aquaponics?

Aquaponics?

Anyone have any experience with aquaponics and growing with Blumats? I know you can run nutes, but gotta clean the line. Anyway, I thought it would be a cool idea to take algae and pond water full of nutrients from the fish and either just water by hand or use a reservoir with the blumat system. What do you think?

:thank you:

Archiesmillard0

Yea, and they come in a jacketed version so squirrels and other critters don't chew through them. I hear it's a good idea in areas where you have fire ants! You can bury the soaker hose too and it keeps it's form because of this plastic spine that runs through the whole thing. Pretty nifty.