What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Washing scissor hash/bubble hash with Ethanol

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
I had some scissor hash and not so good bubble I got from someone (Holy Grail), and it was pretty good, just didnt melt. I figured I'd try to clean it up and make it more dabbale. I dissolved it in Everclear and put it in the freezer overnight. I filtered it with a coffee filter, then used a .2 micron syringe filter I had leftover. Tastes good, completely melts, and strong interesting high. More of a clear high.
picture.php

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Made some bubble last week. Cleaned the bags between each run with 91% ISO. Got quite a bit of water in the ISO in the process. I figured I would throw it in the freezer and see if I could precipitate any waxes like with Ethanol.
After a day or so it looked like there was some waxy stuff, but I was busy and just left it in the freezer for about a week. Checked on it today and there were large chunks of what looked like ice floating around in the mixture. Looks like the water somehow came out of solution with the ISO and froze. I was kinda hoping this might happen, but thought it wouldn't/couldn't.

I plan on putting a couple more jars in the freezer for a few days to let them get to the same temp, then filter out the ice and waxy stuff with coffee filters. Never used ISO before, always thrown the stuff away after cleaning up my bubble bags. Should be interesting to see what comes out.

picture.php

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Just started to filter the iso/ice mixture. I noticed after about half of it was done that it was looking pretty peculiar, almost like jello that was halfway setup. Im very intrigued by this. (I should say that I just had it out of the freezer for the pictures. It stayed in the freezer for the rest of the time it was filtering.)

picture.php

I also have some trash from my last bubble run that I am now soaking in 95% Ethanol. I just ran a 160 bag as my work bag basically, so there should be a good amount of useable. I think I'll let it soak for a few days, filter with a coffee filter, freeze for a few more days, filter again, then finish with a .2 micron syringe filter. I think it'll turn out ok.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Well I tried to finish up the iso stuff today. There was quite a bit of ice in the coffee filter, but I also noticed a bit in the run off below it. I ended up evaporating off the iso with a warm water bath, then put it in a toaster oven at about 150F to get the water out. I scraped it up and put it back in the toaster oven a couple more times, flipping.

I would have had about 2x as much, but I screwed up with my first pour and tried to pour it onto the parchment with all the water in it. It spread all over the parchment so thin I couldnt recover it.

I have yet to try it, probably will tonight. Not sure how high my hope are now for the bubble clean up with ethanol. Oh well, I'm learning stuff so I'm happy :)

picture.php
picture.php

Leocadius

Veteran
discoloration

Often the solution is colored with organic high molecular weight impurities which accompany the desired natural product, or which are formed as decomposition products or by-products in the synthesis process. In these cases, color can be removed by boiling the solution for five to ten minutes with a small amount of activated carbon adsorbent.

Latest posts

Latest posts